• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Wow!

That's utterly bizarre!

He's totally going to get mounted by some huge mastiff if he wears that down the park!!

Risky unless that's the desired effect.
    I hadn’t considered that. I don’t know if it says more about my detective skills or about your imagination MS D.

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Wow!

That's utterly bizarre!

He's totally going to get mounted by some huge mastiff if he wears that down the park!!

Risky unless that's the desired effect.

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied

It really is Ms D. They’re put under so much pressure and are bombarded with so many images these days. Looks are considered by many to be of paramount importance but intelligence, achievement or simply doing good things are seen as ‘boring.’ I’m happy to be called a grumpy old man on this subject but I think it’s one of the great tragedies of our time that only the vacuous are celebrated. Watching all these shows like TOWIE, The Real Housewives…..and Love Island is like seeing evolution come to a halt and then go into reverse.
    Indeed Herlock!

I find this modern deification of the asinine utterly depressing too.

The culture of fame for fame's sake has created an environment where there's no requirement for talent or intellect or wit, or charisma in our "celebrities".

That said, there are some really gifted young musicians, actors, writers and artists around who give me hope for the future, it's just that they're often drowned out by the inane mass media culture.

Bah! Humbug!

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Another candidate.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    They even buy crap off the net to inject into themselves in an attempt to look like some of those Bride Of Frankenstein types you see labelled as ‘celebrities.’ It beggars belief.

Leave a comment:

• c.d.
    replied
    The amazing thing is that some people are quite willing to have procedures performed by non-qualified and non-licensed individuals rather than medical professionals. In some cases, the resulting look makes it seem like they got their next door neighbor to do it.

c.d.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied

Indeed, Herlock!

Those pumped up lips are completely ubiquitous these days.

I see them everywhere, depressingly even on young teenage girls.

I find it sad that to achieve some idealised standard of modern beauty, young 'uns feel the need to undergo painful procedures in addition to the necessary application of fake tans, false nails, false eyelashes etc.

Young people naturally look great anyway without need for such enhancements.

They're aiming for Angelina Jolie and ending up more Pete Burns.

Sad!

It really is Ms D. They’re put under so much pressure and are bombarded with so many images these days. Looks are considered by many to be of paramount importance but intelligence, achievement or simply doing good things are seen as ‘boring.’ I’m happy to be called a grumpy old man on this subject but I think it’s one of the great tragedies of our time that only the vacuous are celebrated. Watching all these shows like TOWIE, The Real Housewives…..and Love Island is like seeing evolution come to a halt and then go into reverse.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Yabs View Post
    The Martin Clunes look is all the rage, albeit unintentionally.

Click image for larger version

Name:	583935B4-3DF6-46DD-A889-A38C17465BF6.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	786593
    Unbelievable. I really think that plastic surgery should be banned accept in medical cases (burns etc)

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    Idiot of the year? The competition will be fierce this year (as usual). The black ink guy will have to beat out the UK man with a WWII artillery shell lodged in his rectum and the man who had sex with chickens while his wife filmed. Don't count out the dark horse -- the guy who used a prosthetic arm for Covid shots. My hunch is there are more worthy competitors waiting in the wings.

c.d.
    C.d. are you just listing people in our current government?

Leave a comment:

• Yabs
    replied
    The Martin Clunes look is all the rage, albeit unintentionally.

Click image for larger version

Name:	583935B4-3DF6-46DD-A889-A38C17465BF6.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	786593

Leave a comment:

• c.d.
    replied
    Idiot of the year? The competition will be fierce this year (as usual). The black ink guy will have to beat out the UK man with a WWII artillery shell lodged in his rectum and the man who had sex with chickens while his wife filmed. Don't count out the dark horse -- the guy who used a prosthetic arm for Covid shots. My hunch is there are more worthy competitors waiting in the wings.

c.d.

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied

She could achieve the same much cheaper with chips and pies. I’ve never understood the attraction tbh. It’s like those horrible inflated lips that some think look good.
    Indeed, Herlock!

Those pumped up lips are completely ubiquitous these days.

I see them everywhere, depressingly even on young teenage girls.

I find it sad that to achieve some idealised standard of modern beauty, young 'uns feel the need to undergo painful procedures in addition to the necessary application of fake tans, false nails, false eyelashes etc.

Young people naturally look great anyway without need for such enhancements.

They're aiming for Angelina Jolie and ending up more Pete Burns.

Sad!

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    I noticed another candidate for idiot of the year when I clicked on Herlock's original link;

OnlyFans model Natasha Crown who is on a mission to get the 'world's biggest bum' has asked fans how much larger she should make her rear in an new Instagram post

Why bother with "bum lifts" and fillers?

If I wanted an arse like that, I'd go the whole hog and get a space hopper surgically attached to my behind so I could joyfully bounce around the place.

Admittedly I would look like a twat, but at least it'd be fun!
    She could achieve the same much cheaper with chips and pies. I’ve never understood the attraction tbh. It’s like those horrible inflated lips that some think look good.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
    The really good news is the original idiot (black ink dad) only wasted £87,000 that he could have used to contribute towards getting his kid (or kids) onto the property ladder one day (say).

And it's all in the best possible taste too ...
    Good to see a parent getting his priorities right Ike

Leave a comment:

• Iconoclast
    replied
    The really good news is the original idiot (black ink dad) only wasted £87,000 that he could have used to contribute towards getting his kid (or kids) onto the property ladder one day (say).

And it's all in the best possible taste too ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X