X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian
    replied
    Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

He did come across as a very likable person. And with a 7 decade career he must have been doing something right!
    Absolutely sir!! Legend

Leave a comment:

• mpriestnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    He was probably the last of a breed of comedy writers, like Eric Sykes and Denis Norden who wrote for so many people. I can’t think of any of that generation who are still around?
    Your post reminded me of Barry Took. Scarily died way back in 2002!

Leave a comment:

• etenguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    He was probably the last of a breed of comedy writers, like Eric Sykes and Denis Norden who wrote for so many people. I can’t think of any of that generation who are still around?
    Me either - he was one of the greats. The link below is to one of his last interviews (last Autumn) and he reminisces on a lot of the people he worked with.

Check out our website and become a badger for extra content http://bit.ly/rhlstpweb​​​See details of the RHLSTP tour dates http://bit.ly/RHLSTPgigs​​​Buy DVD...

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mpriestnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Christian View Post
    Very sad was very talented and a lovely guy!!
    He did come across as a very likable person. And with a 7 decade career he must have been doing something right!

Leave a comment:

• Christian
    replied
    Very sad was very talented and a lovely guy!!

Leave a comment:

• barnflatwyngarde
    replied
    Oh yeah, he was a one off.

Here we have Humphrey Lyttleton regaling us with the adventures, and misadventures, of the wonderfully tactile Samantha.

I doubt if you get get away with it now.

Samantha first appeared on 18 May 1985. However, it wasn't until 1993 that she started becoming the butt of increasingly risque jokes... Here is a compilatio...

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Sad news. A very talented man.

Leave a comment:

• String
    replied
    He was always funny.

Leave a comment:

• mpriestnall
    started a topic RIP Barry Cryer

RIP Barry Cryer

Sad to hear the passing of Barry Cryer. Loved to listen to him on "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" with Humph et al.
Working...
X