Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pet lovers -- how soon after an animal's death do you get another pet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This!

https://www.animeddirect.co.uk/buste...hoCwfcQAvD_BwE

Comment

Thanks, Caz and Ms. Diddles,

I watched a web video on five ways to give a pill to a cat tonight, including the proper placement of a pill on the cat's tongue (not under it!), the pill shooter (advised to get a good one with a tip that won't come off), and a few obvious ones like hiding it in food that they really like.

I may try the butter balls, which is covering a pill in a small amount of butter and letting it set up in the fridge. Easier to slip in their mouth or food.

Molly seems a little better, still hobbling a bit bit not as badly as last week. I think she forgave me for the vet trip and pill attempts, as she slept on my bed last night.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

I hope Molly is continuing to improve.

When Monty had his burst abscess a couple of months back, the vet gave him an antibiotic injection and gave us some painkilling liquid to put in his food. The combination worked a treat and he was good as new after two or three days.

The problem now is that we have a pair of loved up blackbirds in the garden, blissfully unaware that Monty has been waiting impatiently all winter for some feather and beak action.

Love,

Caz
        X
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hi, all,

I wanted to let you know that my "project" rescue cat Easton, who hid and fled from me for a solid month after arriving here, made a breakthrough over the weekend. She approached me and let me pet her, even mewing an introduction. I was so surprised, though I had noticed her starting to watch me more as if suddenly connecting that cat meals and myself were linked!

She follows Molly around and they play. They're an odd couple of friends: Molly is smallish and round, with a fluffy tail, while Easton is tall and lanky, all black without a single white hair. She definitely reminds me of a "panther", though she weaves between my feet like a puppy!
          I am very relieved that Easton is starting to settle in.

Molly is still limping a bit, as I only managed to get two pills into her. She doesn't seem too bothered, and is very active. I will observe her and may take her back in for a checkup if she keeps it up.
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
            Hi, all,

I wanted to let you know that my "project" rescue cat Easton, who hid and fled from me for a solid month after arriving here, made a breakthrough over the weekend. She approached me and let me pet her, even mewing an introduction. I was so surprised, though I had noticed her starting to watch me more as if suddenly connecting that cat meals and myself were linked!

She follows Molly around and they play. They're an odd couple of friends: Molly is smallish and round, with a fluffy tail, while Easton is tall and lanky, all black without a single white hair. She definitely reminds me of a "panther", though she weaves between my feet like a puppy!
            I am very relieved that Easton is starting to settle in.

Molly is still limping a bit, as I only managed to get two pills into her. She doesn't seem too bothered, and is very active. I will observe her and may take her back in for a checkup if she keeps it up.
            That's great news, Pat!

I'm so glad that Easton is starting to come out of her shell.

You have clearly won her over now!

That must be so rewarding.

I hope Molly's limp clears up soon too.

Yeah, administering pills is a nightmare.

Vets always tell you to just pop it in a bit of your cat's favourite food, but they invariably rumble it immediately in my experience!

Comment

Working...
            X