Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pet lovers -- how soon after an animal's death do you get another pet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

    Ahhh! Sorry to hear about Baxter, Abby!

    He looks lovely!
    thanks diddles. he was a good boy
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

    -Edgar Allan Poe


    "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

    -Frederick G. Abberline

    Comment


    • #32
      Abby, condolences on losing your furry friend. Cancer in pets is crummy. I am so sorry that Gabrielle had it, and I didn't suspect a thing until it was too late..

      I visited the Pet Loss Forum at the Rainbow Bridge website after losing both cats. The heart-felt stories people post are difficult to. read. Grief is grief, for people or pets

      Speaking of vets, I made an appointment for Molly to go in tomorrow. She has been limping and holding a paw off the floor, and I'm afraid that she got injured when I collided with her in the dark one night. Cats are stoic and don't whine, but Molly has been hanging close to me today, and her limp seems a bit worse. Best to have her seen!
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
        Abby, condolences on losing your furry friend. Cancer in pets is crummy. I am so sorry that Gabrielle had it, and I didn't suspect a thing until it was too late..

        I visited the Pet Loss Forum at the Rainbow Bridge website after losing both cats. The heart-felt stories people post are difficult to. read. Grief is grief, for people or pets

        Speaking of vets, I made an appointment for Molly to go in tomorrow. She has been limping and holding a paw off the floor, and I'm afraid that she got injured when I collided with her in the dark one night. Cats are stoic and don't whine, but Molly has been hanging close to me today, and her limp seems a bit worse. Best to have her seen!
        thanks pc
        good luck with your Molly. hope shes ok
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

        -Edgar Allan Poe


        "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

        -Frederick G. Abberline

        Comment


        • #34
          Hi Pat,

          Let us know how Molly gets on. I'll keep my fingers crossed. My mum was a Molly and so is our neighbour. Lovely name.

          Our Monty, who recruited us as his staff in 2017 [and was already called Monty], often gets under our feet and we feel so bad when we accidentally tread on his paw or tail. He is usually very vocal in our company, so it only happens when he goes stealthily silent and suddenly appears in the kitchen to see what shopping we are unpacking or what we are cooking. We should know by now!

          Love,

          Caz
          X

          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by caz View Post
            Hi Pat,

            Let us know how Molly gets on. I'll keep my fingers crossed. My mum was a Molly and so is our neighbour. Lovely name.

            Caz
            X
            Thank you, Caz, I'll post here afterwards. I have looked up limping in cats, and most reasons aren't terrible, but some might need surgery, gulp.

            My Dad's paternal ancestry was Irish, and I like the name "Molly", too. These cats came with names attached, and I saw no reason to change them. The shelter staff noted that "Easton" was named that when *she* was mistakenly identified as a *he*, and they had to switch the pronouns on the cat's listing!

            I think Molly is appropriate for this cat, as she is a brown tabby, so she could be a tribute to Colorado's own "unsinkable" Molly Brown!
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

              thanks pc
              good luck with your Molly. hope shes ok
              Thanks, Abby. I hope so, too!
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                Abby, condolences on losing your furry friend. Cancer in pets is crummy. I am so sorry that Gabrielle had it, and I didn't suspect a thing until it was too late..

                I visited the Pet Loss Forum at the Rainbow Bridge website after losing both cats. The heart-felt stories people post are difficult to. read. Grief is grief, for people or pets

                Speaking of vets, I made an appointment for Molly to go in tomorrow. She has been limping and holding a paw off the floor, and I'm afraid that she got injured when I collided with her in the dark one night. Cats are stoic and don't whine, but Molly has been hanging close to me today, and her limp seems a bit worse. Best to have her seen!
                Good luck at the vet tomorrow, Pat!

                I hope Molly is ok.

                It's awfully worrying when pets are poorly.

                I hope it is nothing serious and something easily remedied.

                Sometimes cats claws can tear (or grow too long) and that can cause a bit of pain and limping.

                Yeah, please let us know how you get on.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Back from the vet with pills and "pill pockets" to help give them to her for three days. Molly doesn't have a visible injury or fracture. We think she has a soft tissue or ligament problem. The medication should help with inflammation and pain.

                  I'll start her on them later. Right now she is resting after lunch and treats. Thanks,, all, for the concern.
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    How is Molly doing, Pat?

                    Monty sends purrs and sympathy.

                    Love,

                    Caz
                    X
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by caz View Post
                      How is Molly doing, Pat?

                      Monty sends purrs and sympathy.

                      Love,

                      Caz
                      X
                      Mentioning the name Monty on here Caz is usually like saying Beetlejuice. A certain poster might appear.
                      Regards

                      Herlock Sholmes

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Dare I say, Herlock, that Monty could easily be JtR reincarnated. The vulnerable creatures he plays with, before going in for the kill, think he is taking them home for a bite of supper, when they are the supper he means to have a bite of. He is also notorious in our neck of the woods for violence against the local cats, incurring large vets' bills for their owners, one of whom accused him of 'raping' their female cat, even though he lost his equipment years ago. So there's a whiff of sexual insanity here too. From private information I have but little doubt that he is suspected of far worse than whipping out the odd mouse's kidney and leaving it on our back doormat.

                        Monty recently came off worst in a fight for the first time since he's been with us, and ended up at the vet with two sets of teeth marks in his cheek and a burst abscess. Revenge for all his previous trophies, which include seeing off the cats at our local pub. Rocky, Reggie, Ronnie and Mittens cowered in a corner when Monty was shut in with them by mistake one night, by the barman who assumed he was 'one of them'.

                        Monty was born in London, according to his previous owner, where he must have been top cat in the litter, and a terror in the neighbourhood there before he left for the West Country.

                        Love,

                        Caz
                        X
                        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by caz View Post
                          Dare I say, Herlock, that Monty could easily be JtR reincarnated. The vulnerable creatures he plays with, before going in for the kill, think he is taking them home for a bite of supper, when they are the supper he means to have a bite of. He is also notorious in our neck of the woods for violence against the local cats, incurring large vets' bills for their owners, one of whom accused him of 'raping' their female cat, even though he lost his equipment years ago. So there's a whiff of sexual insanity here too. From private information I have but little doubt that he is suspected of far worse than whipping out the odd mouse's kidney and leaving it on our back doormat.

                          Monty recently came off worst in a fight for the first time since he's been with us, and ended up at the vet with two sets of teeth marks in his cheek and a burst abscess. Revenge for all his previous trophies, which include seeing off the cats at our local pub. Rocky, Reggie, Ronnie and Mittens cowered in a corner when Monty was shut in with them by mistake one night, by the barman who assumed he was 'one of them'.

                          Monty was born in London, according to his previous owner, where he must have been top cat in the litter, and a terror in the neighbourhood there before he left for the West Country.

                          Love,

                          Caz
                          X
                          I love that your local pub cats are called Rocky, Reggie, Ronnie...............and Mittens!!!

                          One sounds conspicuously less butch than the others!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by caz View Post
                            How is Molly doing, Pat?

                            Monty sends purrs and sympathy.

                            Love,

                            Caz
                            X
                            Aw, that's kind of Monty!

                            Molly climbed into the lower platform of the cat yesterday and promptly fell asleep, apparently worn out by the day's adventure. When she got up, she was limping worse, but the vet had warned me of that likelihood, given the poking and prodding from the exam.
                            I went into the office around nine pm and gave Molly a pill in a pill pocket. She seemed to chomp it down, and I felt happier.

                            This morning, Molly seemed to be moving better. Unfortunately, today she wasn't hungry enough to be fooled into eating a pill in a pocket. Sigh.

                            Now I'm getting avoided because I attempted to force the pill directly into her mouth. I got the jaws open, forced the head up, and let her go....And there was the pill she had spit out.

                            So...she is a normal cat. Lol!


                            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                            ---------------
                            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                            ---------------

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Oh dear, Pat. When Monty's veterinary nurse suggested tablets for his next flea treatment I told her not in a million years.

                              "Ah", she said. "He's not good with tablets then."

                              "No", said I. "He'd have my arm off!"

                              Hope Molly will be good as new very soon.

                              Love,

                              Caz & Monty
                              XX
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

                                Aw, that's kind of Monty!

                                Molly climbed into the lower platform of the cat yesterday and promptly fell asleep, apparently worn out by the day's adventure. When she got up, she was limping worse, but the vet had warned me of that likelihood, given the poking and prodding from the exam.
                                I went into the office around nine pm and gave Molly a pill in a pill pocket. She seemed to chomp it down, and I felt happier.

                                This morning, Molly seemed to be moving better. Unfortunately, today she wasn't hungry enough to be fooled into eating a pill in a pocket. Sigh.

                                Now I'm getting avoided because I attempted to force the pill directly into her mouth. I got the jaws open, forced the head up, and let her go....And there was the pill she had spit out.

                                So...she is a normal cat. Lol!

                                Hi Pat,

                                I'm a huge fan of the below contraption for dispensing pills.

                                You just pop the pill in the wee rubber nozzle bit at the end and depress the plunger like a syringe.

                                It fires the pill right down the back of the throat before the cat realises what's happened.

                                Edit: I posted an Amazon link, then realised that it showed my name and postcode as it was from my own account, so I deleted it.

                                Anyway, just pop "cat pill dispenser or pill shooter" into an amazon or Google search and you'll see it.

                                It looks like a cross between a syringe and a pair of scissors.

                                Wishing Molly a speedy recovery.
                                Last edited by Ms Diddles; 01-22-2022, 11:58 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X