• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpie
    replied
    Originally posted by Archaic View Post
    Hi guys.

I think I speak for all Americans when I say, "I am baffled".

Cheers,
    Archaic
    It's hard to really explain. It was a game show that featured a crossbow mounted on the front of a camera manned by a blindfolded guy. There was a crosshair that showed up on the screen. There was a wall with several targets on it (often apples) and people would phone in and have 30 seconds to "aim" the crossbow by giving the cameraman directions (up, down, left, right, stop and fire). It ran 52 weeks a year, no break, and was so cheaply and shoddily made that looking at it today it's almost unwatchable (those 'seventies fashions really didn't help). They had performances by hasbeens and up-n-comers in between segments, and guest "golden girls" to pimp the outrageously cheap prizes.

But purely for the nostalgia value, they are golden.

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied
    Hi guys.

I think I speak for all Americans when I say, "I am baffled".

Cheers,
    Archaic

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    I used to watch it, but the main attraction for me was Carol Dilworth in the miniskirt.

Bob Monkhouse used to tell a story of how a contestant rang in, and after a while it was clear that he was trying to score a bull while phoning from a public telephone box positioned outside a TV shop which had TVs showing the target that he was aiming at.

Leave a comment:

• niko
    replied
    Left a bit, right a bit, down a bit, heh,heh,heh

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    started a topic Anyone remember "The Golden Shot"?

Anyone remember "The Golden Shot"?

I just finished watching an episode of The Golden Shot. I used to love this show when I was a kid. I had forgotten (or likely never notice) what a cheap, shoddily produced pile of shite it was. But it still gave me the warm fuzzies.
Working...
X