Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riiight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • getting vaxed and boostered is a no brainer. all the stats Ive seen show that most people in the hospital and the worse off arent vaxed and or boosted. more importantly it helps stop spread the disease. Im not usually one for sweeping gov mandates but i would be for this. get your vax/booster.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

    -Edgar Allan Poe


    "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

    -Frederick G. Abberline

    Comment


    • Agreed, but easier said than done. The ironic event was recently when thousands of anti-vaxxer people marched in Washington D C., which has a vaccination mandate. But we are hearing that the fast-spreading Omnicron variant has peaked, which may mean stats will drop...Maybe?
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
        Agreed, but easier said than done. The ironic event was recently when thousands of anti-vaxxer people marched in Washington D C., which has a vaccination mandate. But we are hearing that the fast-spreading Omnicron variant has peaked, which may mean stats will drop...Maybe?
        lets hope so PC-fingers crossed.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

        -Edgar Allan Poe


        "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

        -Frederick G. Abberline

        Comment


        • According to some the Omicron variant is peaking in the UK.
          It’s still killing over 400 a day, highest since February. It’s rarely mentioned now.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            getting vaxed and boostered is a no brainer. all the stats Ive seen show that most people in the hospital and the worse off arent vaxed and or boosted. more importantly it helps stop spread the disease. Im not usually one for sweeping gov mandates but i would be for this. get your vax/booster.
            ''The jab has significantly slowed down the spread of the virus. I know this because the experts tell us this and I have no reason to disbelieve them. That effort has been retarded by selfish, gullible people refusing to get vaccinated and selfish people who haven’t followed guidelines. As soon as the pandemic began the conspiracy theories started. These people cause more harm than pandemics.''

            Just in response to this last point Herlock , and again this is what i know in my state N.S.W to be a fact , the soure being from the N.S.W Govt web page [if anyone want to check it out] . In late November last year when our state reached 95% double vaxxed we had less than 500 cases , just about the time that the Omicron strain hit our shores . The current Premier Dominic Perrottet declared the state open to all saying ''its time we all lived with the virus in the comminuty'' . The population of N.S.W is just a tick over 8 million people , that would leave 400,000 unvaxxed in just two short months, as of today N.S.W has 803,000 infections of covid19 . Im sure you can see the problem when it comes to the spread of the virus and the jab , i know you like to think that the experts are always right when it comes to covid and we should always follow the science and the data as i do ,but when they say one thing and in just two short months we see the opposite , i do see a reason to disbelieve them on occasions , with respect and kindness Fishy.

            Abby , I posted this to herlock back on the 18th this month , not sure if you picked up on it the first time around , what i believe is also important is understanding some common misconceptions regarding this pertiular omicron strain. Vaccines offer very little if any protection from catching or transmitting[ protection against servere illness yes ] as far as omicron is concerned , in fact in Australia you cant have the astrazenica vaccine as your booster shot you must have either pfizer or another vaccine type .So to believe that they help stop the the spread or significantly slow it down is wrong, as the above cleary shows it so . Today is Australia Day 26th Jan , this morning N..S.W. figures just released 994,000 . Regards .


            Last edited by FISHY1118; 01-26-2022, 01:02 AM.
            'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

            Comment


            • That just shows how very infectious the omicron variant is, Fishy.

              Think how many more people would now be severely ill or dying, without the protection of both jabs plus the booster.

              Even mild infections, among the young, fit and healthy population, can disrupt their everyday lives and lead to longer term health problems.

              Why would anyone play Russian roulette and cross their fingers, when full vaccination gives the best protection to all?

              It misses the point to say you can still get it and spread it, vaccinated or not. The more people walking around, who are not continuing to take every reasonable precaution, the more likely other variants will emerge, with who knows what consequences.

              Love,

              Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


              Comment


              • Originally posted by caz View Post
                That just shows how very infectious the omicron variant is, Fishy.

                Think how many more people would now be severely ill or dying, without the protection of both jabs plus the booster.

                Even mild infections, among the young, fit and healthy population, can disrupt their everyday lives and lead to longer term health problems.

                Why would anyone play Russian roulette and cross their fingers, when full vaccination gives the best protection to all?

                It misses the point to say you can still get it and spread it, vaccinated or not. The more people walking around, who are not continuing to take every reasonable precaution, the more likely other variants will emerge, with who knows what consequences.

                Love,

                Caz
                X
                Hi Caz, i think you missed my point , I agree with what your saying in regards to the protection of the vaccines, im fully on board with that . But if you read what i was saying about the ability of the virus to spread no matter vaxx or unvaxx it might be clearer. I was merely pointing out to Abby and Herlock their belief that the jab slows down the spread or the virus is just incorrect, and im afraid whether they wish to admit it or not its just a simple fact . Adding to this, back on the 7th Aug last year Public Health England made this statment ''warning vaccinated people who are infected with ''Delta'' are likely to be just as infectious as those unvaccinated '' . Just a few months on from that here in N,.S.W our Health Officals made this claim ''fully vaccinated people are 20 times less likely to catch the virus than vaccinated. Now look again at the figures in n.s.w , and honestly tell me ,can you spot the problem ?


                Its plain to see that one set of health officals was right and one was wrong


                The jab has significantly slowed down the spread of the virus. ''I know this because the experts tell us this and I have no reason to disbelieve them.'' [Herlock might want to rethink this one ].

                In regards to your last point, if there is any data that exist that 'proves'' that unvaccinated people can create a mutant stain of the virus where as vaccinated can not, or less likely, then i would love to see it . Of course you might come across the same situation whereby some health officials will say there is ,and another thats says there no proof of that at this time . Kind Regards Fishy
                'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

                Comment


                • Vaccinated infected people have a much lower viral load than unvaccinated infected people therefore they are much less infectious.
                  https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...rry-less-virus
                  The more virus that is present in the population, breeding as it were, the more chance a variant will be produced. Given that vaccinated people have less virus, if any, the risks of a variant being produced in non vaccinated people is higher.

                  Comment


                  • Polite enquiry: At what point does Tucker Carlson have to register as a foreign agent?

                    Republican Rift on Ukraine Could Undercut U.S. Appeals to Allies https://nyti.ms/35ln1c1

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by String View Post
                      Vaccinated infected people have a much lower viral load than unvaccinated infected people therefore they are much less infectious.
                      https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...rry-less-virus
                      The more virus that is present in the population, breeding as it were, the more chance a variant will be produced. Given that vaccinated people have less virus, if any, the risks of a variant being produced in non vaccinated people is higher.

                      Hi String ,Im sure your aware of the date of that article ? The information in it is now old and obsolete , what ive previously posted comes directly from the n.s.w govt web site which contradicts your article.
                      .
                      ''Given that vaccinated people have less virus, if any, the risks of a variant being produced in non vaccinated people is higher.''

                      As for this point would you or could you exlpain why on the thurs 13th of Jan in . N.S.W. we had 22 deaths , 14 were fully vaccinated and 8 were unvaccinated How did less virus kill 22 vaccinated people ?

                      I will say again , 1,000050 infections [as of today] in a population of 8,000000 , 400000 [unvaxx] since November when there were only 500 cases .

                      ''Vaccinated infected people have a much lower viral load than unvaccinated infected people therefore they are much less infectious'''

                      Think again.
                      Last edited by FISHY1118; 01-27-2022, 09:38 PM.
                      'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

                      Comment


                      • https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay...and-statistics

                        There are more deaths of vaccinated people because so many people are vaccinated.
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • Well that sure is a comforting thought for vaccinated.
                          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

                          Comment


                          • No one said it was perfect.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by celee View Post

                              I guess that is true numbers do not lie and twice as many people have died of covid in America under Biden's administration despite the fact he had the vaccines and advanced therapeutics. The death rate of people 18-49 increased 40% in 2021. Blaming Trump for Biden's failure is ridiculous. Biden promised he had a plan to shut down the virus, not the economy. Biden said he would not have vaccine mandates. Biden said that any President who allows 200,000 people to die from the virus should resign. Well, he has allowed 400,000 people to die. Biden is a fool who focuses too much on vaccines that do not prevent getting or spreading the virus and ignore treating the virus with therapeutics.
                              Dumb. It was too late. Yes ignore Dr. Birx, she was there. The stupid Trump knew about the virus in late January 2020,he knew it was deadly and did not announce it. Early intervention was crucial. He said he was afraid people might panic, like an 8 year old who freezed and did not know what to do, instead of hollering for help, it was his job to protect lives. Then the moron came up with the stupidest suggestion "inject disinfectant to get rid of covid', then hydroxychloroquine which does not work. Then the moron said the warm weather in April is coming the virus will go away. Then he got Covid, then he infected other people, setup mask-less rallies, went to debate with Biden already diagnosed with Covid. then he interfered with CDC, then he did not re-convene the pandemic response team Obama setup to deal with pandemics, then he appointed the inexperienced idiot Jared Kushner* to supply hospitals with medical equipment and masks and a national testing plan and miserably failed, The list goes on an on. Wasting time with gaslighters.

                              Ex.
                              *https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-into-thin-air
                              Last edited by Varqm; 02-04-2022, 07:34 AM.
                              Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                              M. Pacana

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

                                Hi Caz, i think you missed my point , I agree with what your saying in regards to the protection of the vaccines, im fully on board with that . But if you read what i was saying about the ability of the virus to spread no matter vaxx or unvaxx it might be clearer. I was merely pointing out to Abby and Herlock their belief that the jab slows down the spread or the virus is just incorrect, and im afraid whether they wish to admit it or not its just a simple fact . Adding to this, back on the 7th Aug last year Public Health England made this statment ''warning vaccinated people who are infected with ''Delta'' are likely to be just as infectious as those unvaccinated '' . Just a few months on from that here in N,.S.W our Health Officals made this claim ''fully vaccinated people are 20 times less likely to catch the virus than vaccinated. Now look again at the figures in n.s.w , and honestly tell me ,can you spot the problem ?


                                Its plain to see that one set of health officals was right and one was wrong


                                The jab has significantly slowed down the spread of the virus. ''I know this because the experts tell us this and I have no reason to disbelieve them.'' [Herlock might want to rethink this one ].

                                In regards to your last point, if there is any data that exist that 'proves'' that unvaccinated people can create a mutant stain of the virus where as vaccinated can not, or less likely, then i would love to see it . Of course you might come across the same situation whereby some health officials will say there is ,and another thats says there no proof of that at this time . Kind Regards Fishy
                                I think you were misinterpreting this, FISHY, and comparing apples with oranges.

                                A fully vaccinated person who has the misfortune to catch this virus will obviously be infectious, meaning they are able to infect others, just as an unvaccinated person who catches it will be infectious and able to infect others. The difference is in the viral load transmitted to the other person in each case.

                                As for the other statement, if you don't catch it you can't spread it, and fully vaccinated people are less likely to be infected in the first place.

                                Also, if you take a thousand car owners at random, and 980 are careful drivers, while the remaining 20 are a**holes who regularly break the speed limit and don't wear a seat belt, you must surely see that if 22 drivers end up being killed or badly injured in a crash, with 14 from the careful group and 8 from the reckless group, it wouldn't mean that dangerous drivers are safer. Quite the reverse. It would leave a whacking 966 careful drivers on the road, compared with just 12 dangerous ones to cause more carnage to themselves and others.

                                As the unvaccinated population dwindles, so will the threat from the virus. Fewer people getting infected means less chance of a new variant taking hold.

                                Love,

                                Caz
                                X
                                Last edited by caz; 02-10-2022, 06:48 PM.
                                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X