Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnwest
    replied
    Poltergeist is a very good study of the subject. I would also recommend Mysteries and Beyond the Occult.

Leave a comment:

• Losmandris
    replied
    His book 'Poltergeist' still scares the hell out of me!

Tristan

Leave a comment:

• johnwest
    replied
    Thanks all. I've been an admirer of Colin since my teens and look forward to getting the documentary made. There will be lots to cover from his interest in crime to the occult and beyond. He wrote The Occult in the 70s, a book that is still regarded as one of the best on the subject. His book on the Ripper is also essential for any person interested in the subject. Many of his books are now back in print.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Should be a fascinating documentary. Good luck with it John.

Leave a comment:

• Azarna
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
    Despite his true crime and ripperology work, I always associate him with the paranormal. I read a few of his books when I was obsessed with ghost hunting in my youth. Colin, along with Peter Underwood and Jenny Randles.
    Same here. I was the daftest of kids. I would read this stuff and then scare myself silly, hehe. I still have quite a few of Colin Wilson's books. (I hate parting with books)

I bet you are finding out some great info on this remarkable man.

Best of luck with your documentary, I look forward to seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Despite his true crime and ripperology work, I always associate him with the paranormal. I read a few of his books when I was obsessed with ghost hunting in my youth. Colin, along with Peter Underwood and Jenny Randles.

A two part programme sounds great, if a brave undertaking. Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    The video from his 1996 Ripper conference talk in Ipswich exists. Rippercast uploaded the audio a couple of years ago.

JM

Leave a comment:

• johnwest
    started a topic Colin Wilson documentary

Colin Wilson documentary

I've posted in another section on this forum about a Ripper doc I'll be making with director Jason Figgis. We are also hoping to make a two-part documentary on the life and work of Colin Wilson. The documentary has the full support of Colin Wilson's family and will include contributions from Wilsonians including Gary Lachman and Colin Stanley. Colin wrote quite a bit on the Ripper and, as you will know, coined the term Ripperology. We have an Indiegogo campaign running at the moment. Here is the link. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/c...and-times--2#/. Please feel free to share it.
Working...
X