No announcement yet.

URGENT- Please Pray For Celesta!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know what to say, but I wanted to say something.
    “be just and fear not”

Comment

Yes Jenni-words fail sometimes x

Comment

it really is sad and terrible news.
        “be just and fear not”

Comment

At the end of the day it's only people that give life a meaning. All the books, honours, money and achievements mean nothing.

Comment

Yes indeed, Robert.

The only lasting testament to one's life is your friends.
            And not the one's you decide to keep... but the one's who decide to keep you.
            Best Wishes,
            Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              A naturally good lady, kind and brave. One of those people who give life to others.
              Oh yes. So much.

Comment

Animal Rescue

Hi everyone. I'm re-reading a few pages of your posts, and crying again, but a large portion of my tears are tears of humble gratitude that I have been blessed with the friendship of so sweet and kind a person as Linda, who touched so many lives.

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                Linda sent me many lovely pm's about Layla her little dog who didn't have the best start in life but whose life I could see was transformed when she went to live with Tom and Linda!
                Linda and I first met and bonded over our love of animals, especially dogs and horses, and our interest in Animal Rescue. The long months of Linda's illness have been hard on Layla, a Black Lab who was abused before Linda and Tom adopted her. She's a very fearful dog who is deeply bonded to Linda. I asked Tom last week if there was any way to let Layla see Linda, hoping it would help to awaken Linda to consciousness, but unfortunately there's no way to bring a dog into the ICU.

I'm including Layla in my prayers, because Linda loves her so much, and poor Layla is already having difficulty without Linda being around to be her security blanket.

If anybody wants to make a donation in Linda's name to a charity for animals, I know she would love that. We shared news stories and web-pages all the time about Animal Rescue, Service Dogs, and War Dogs. I'll go back through my old emails and see if i can pull up some names, addresses, and web-links for the ones we discussed and post them. Linda was also very moved by a Horse Rescue I visited that saves horses, ponies, donkeys, mini's, goats, dogs and cats. A wonderful couple owns it and they labor around the clock to care for the dozens of animals they have saved. I'll get the link to that too. Linda's also very interested in efforts to save Wildlife, like African Elephants.

Linda and i had a standing agreement for years that if one of us won the lottery we'd split it 50/50 with the other, travel to Egypt to see the Sphinx, the Pyramids, and other archeological sites (our dream!), then visit Pompeii in Italy and the Minoan ruins in the Greek Isles. Then we'd come home and open big ranch-like Animal Sanctuaries for abused animals that could be visited by the public, especially children, the elderly, and people with physical, emotional and intellectual disabilities. We are big believers in Animal-Assisted Therapy.

Linda has the biggest heart in the world... oh, if only we could be granted the miracle that brings her back to us!

I'll locate the names of some of the animal charities and wildlife conservation funds she likes and post them.

Thanks,
                Archaic

Comment

That is such a lovely idea Bunny xxx

Comment

UPDATE October 31, 2012

Dear friends, it is with great sorrow I have to inform you that our beloved friend Linda passed away today. Life support was withdrawn and her passing was gentle and peaceful. Her husband Tom, sister Pam, and other family members were with her.

After she passed they went to the hospital gift shop and bought a balloon inscribed "For A Special Lady". They went to a quiet place outside where they all held the string and said a prayer. Then they released the balloon and it floated away into the sky.

Love,
                    Bunny

Comment

I am very sorry, she's in a better place now.

Best wishes, Chris.
                      Every man looking for salvation by himself... Like a coal drawn from the fire...

Comment

RIP Linda

I am taking a few moments to remember Linda whose kindness , generosity and spirit shone with such a lovely light.
                        Many thanks Bunny for all your caring xxx

Comment

Bunny, thank you for keeping us in touch. When you can, maybe you could pass on our sympathies to Tom and the family on the loss of this irreplaceable lady. I hope that she is somewhere better. She deserves to be in the best place.

And sympathies to you too, Bunny.

Comment

so sorry for all who loved her.....she sounds like a wonderful person and a tremendous loss to humanity

Comment

Words fail me...
                              "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
                              Dan L Hollifield
                              Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
                              http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

Donations In Linda's Name

Hi everyone.

I just spoke with Linda's sister Pam. I had asked her to hold Linda's hand and tell her again that I love her, and that all her friends love her and are praying for her. Pam did so this morning.

Some of you have asked about cards and flowers. We ask that instead you make a donation in Linda's name to the charity of your choice. Pam said my idea about donations to Animal Rescue and Service Dogs is exactly what Linda would want. Linda herself donated to them frequently. She also gave to Children's charities.

I think it's a fitting way to memorialize Linda, and a beautiful way to share Linda's love with the world. Each animal you help save from abuse or train to serve those in need will go on to touch other lives and fill them with friendship and love. Each child you help save, feed, clothe and educate will go on to make a valuable contribution to the world.

Here are some of Linda's favorites causes:

Guiding Eyes, Service Dogs For The Blind: https://www.guidingeyes.org/

Humane Society (U.S.) : http://www.humanesociety.org/ Humane Society, (UK/International): https://hsi.netdonor.net/ea-action/a...ing.id=website

Rainier Hoof Rehab and Horse Rescue: http://www.rainierhoofrehab.com/Pets-and-Equines.html
                                Note: I have personal knowledge of this animal rescue effort. I've become friends of Pat and Rich Wagner who run it, and Linda and I both admire them their compassion and dedication. They work regular jobs, then work around the clock to save and rehabilitate neglected horses, ponies, donkeys, dogs and cats. They currently have 31 equines of all sizes from tiny mini's to enormous draft horses, all living together in peace and contentment. Some animals recover to the point of being rideable again and new loving homes are found for them; others require ongoing treatment after years of neglect. I can personally vouch for the integrity of this particular non-profit. You can email Pat directly if you wish. If you make a donation, please tell her it's in Linda's name.

- Linda and her family would also appreciate a donation to any Children's charity.

World Vision http://donate.worldvision.org/OA_HTM...zpHome.jsp?a=b.
                                (World Vision has many diverse options for donating. You can donate a small farm animal to provide milk and eggs for the children and products to sell at market that will help make a struggling family self-sufficient, school supplies or music lessons for a needy child, clean drinking water, or child sponsorship.)

- Another option is to donate to your country's Cancer Society. Linda was a Cancer Survivor and well understood the suffering cancer entails.

American Cancer Society: http://www.cancer.org/

If you make a donation and wish to post that fact, I will pass it on to Linda's family. If anyone wants to make a donation in Linda's name but doesn't wish to post about it, please feel free to PM me and I will pass it on for you. If you wish to donate in complete privacy, that's fine too; I sincerely believe that Linda will know.

If Linda touched your life in a positive way, please share the love!

Love and thanks,
                                Bunny
                                Last edited by Archaic; 10-31-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X