URGENT- Please Pray For Celesta!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear David,

Just to let you know that you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

With love from Carol

Comment

• *PLEASE HELP! Send Birthday Card To Critically Ill Boy Sept 1st

Hi everyone.

As always, Linda has been in my thoughts. August 24th is her birthday.

I recently suggested to Linda's sister that we both try to celebrate Linda's birthday in a positive way instead of letting ourselves become depressed by how much we miss her every day. I think Linda would prefer that we help others in need, particularly kids and animals.

Linda's sister just sent Linda's husband and myself this request for birthday cards for a young man named Chris Carswell who will turn 16 on September 1, 2014.

This "surprise birthday card drive" is being organized on Facebook by Chris' mom & his beloved Service Dog 'Bronx' to help cheer up "their boy". Chris is feeling very depressed. As he turns 16 he is going blind and trying to learn to navigate with a cane while other kids who turn 16 get their Learner's Permit to start driving cars. In January Chris will have 2 brain surgeries and spent up to 3 months in the hospital.

Chris loves his German Shepherd Service Dog 'Bronx' and is very active raising money to get First Aid Kits for K9 units and to help other kids with disabilities receive trained Service Dogs.

As all of you who knew our friend 'Celesta'/Linda are aware, Linda LOVED dogs! It even says 'American Dog Lover' on all her Casebook posts.

So instead of emailing friends individually asking them to send Chris a birthday card I decided to post Linda's sister's request right here on Linda's thread, where it can reach Linda's friends all over the world in one fell swoop. Here it is:

"Can you help me?

I'm sponsoring a young man who has seizures and has had multiple surgeries. He went to Orlando, Fl. to get brain mapping for a special series of brain surgeries in January. He has a service dog named Bronx.

His Mom's Facebook page about them is https://www.facebook.com/SDBronx

He's turning 16 on Sept. 1st and we are trying to get cards sent to him from everywhere. Chris has almost lost his sight and is depressed. You can send just a postcard wishing him a happy birthday.

He spends his free time raising money for K9 safety kits and for other kids to get service dogs.

I am also sending money towards his medical bills and things off his Amazon wish list. All I am asking from y'all is to send him a card. He's a special kid. Thanks! "

SEND POSTCARDS & BIRTHDAY CARDS TO:

Chris Carswell
      145 Myers Hill Road
      c/o 1Boy4Change
      Brunswick, GA
      USA

- It would be so cool if Chris gets birthday greetings from all over the US & Canada, and there's time to send cards from the UK & Europe! It can be a postcard, a birthday card, whatever you wish to send.

Linda will love it! It feels like the perfect way to celebrate her birthday and legacy of kindness and caring...and Dog Power!!

Thanks everyone.
      Bunny
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Archaic; 08-16-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• That's a lovely idea Bunny. Linda would love it. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• Hi Bunny,

Thank you for letting us know about this young boy. Sending birthday cards to him is a great way of remembering Linda.

Carol

Comment

• Linda's Birthday Balloon

Linda's sister sent me these pics... Thought I should share them.

Take care everyone.

Bunny
            Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks - we certainly miss her.
              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It's October 31st over here. Marking the second year. RIP Linda.

Comment

• Hi Robert.

It's still Oct 30th over here, but I've been thinking about Linda so often for the past several weeks, and am in close touch with her husband and sister.

I just made a "Tribute Donation" in Linda's name to Doctors Without Borders to help them relieve suffering in refugee camps and Ebola-ravaged areas.

I chose an e-card to send to Linda's husband that shows a map of the world.

Written across it are the words, "Compassion Knows No Borders''.

It felt so perfect for a tribute to Linda's kind, compassionate heart.

Take care,
                  Archaic

Comment

• That's a lovely gesture, Bunny.

Please give my regards to Tom.

Comment

• Godspeed, Linda

Best Wishes,
                      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Dear Linda.

Comment

• Bonjour David.

Today is Thanksgiving, and I was just talking to Linda's husband Tom. Last night I sent him the article I posted in Pub Talk about the stray dog in Ecuador that 'adopted' the Swedish extreme sports team trekking through the Amazon after the fed him a meatball. (Swedish meatball I bet.)

Now "Arthur" has been formally adopted by one of them, has relocated from the Amazon to Sweden, and is a celebrity with a new family!

I said "Linda must be loving this!" and Tom agreed.

He said he wouldn't be surprised if she had helped it along.

Take care,
                          Bunny

Comment

• "American dog lover"

Thanks for all you're doing, Bunny.

Hugs

Comment

• Hi David.

You're very welcome.

So many of us miss our wonderful "Celesta"... now more than ever it seems the perfect name for Linda, doesn't it?

And of course I often think of your Lydia, and how the two of them must know each other now.

Hugs,
                              Bunny

Comment

• Remembering dear Linda.

Comment

Working...
                                X