Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda était adorable.

Comment

• Can't believe it's been a whole year since Linda passed.She was such a wonderful person.

It has been a horrible year I lost my Mother last week.

Comment

• Belinda, I'm so sorry about your mother! I know what that feels like, but no words can express it.

I'll keep both you and her in my thoughts and prayers too.

God bless,
        Archaic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
          Hello Bunny

Thank you (genuinely) for caring so much for so many of us

God bless

Dave
          Thank you Dave. I've met so many wonderful people here, and I do care.

Robert, you're right. So much suffering, illness and death in the past year... I keep feeling like I can't take one more grief.

Everybody copes in a different way, but with all the suffering and chaos, I find it helps to try to do something positive ... to choose to commit positive actions and to think of others instead of just drowning in one's own tears.

I'm trying to help my old friend Mike who was recently diagnosed with Stage IV Cancer that has already spread to his liver. They've given him a few months.

Last week told me he wishes he had a soft couch for when he hurts too much to sit up in his favorite easy chair, and I found one today but then had a dilemma about how to deliver it - when a kind stranger who has Leukemia that is in remission volunteered to chip in for the cost and deliver the sofa for me, because he understands how down and scared Mike is feeling right now.

I'm so touched by this person's kindness! He said that getting Cancer completely changed his perspective on life. Now my friend Mike will be able to watch the Baseball World Series in comfort. He's really happy.

I cried a lot today, but I feel like Linda will approve of how I spent my day, and that matters to me.

Take care everybody,
          Bunny

Comment

• It has been a bad year. My dad, 93, died earlier this year and my uncle (mom's brother) died earlier this month at age 99.
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your personal losses this year Stan.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                Belinda, I'm so sorry about your mother! I know what that feels like, but no words can express it.

I'll keep both you and her in my thoughts and prayers too.

God bless,
                Archaic
                Thank You words really can't express how it feels.

Stan I'm sorry to hear about your losses

Comment

• Thank you for the thoughts Jeff. My condolences to you Belinda and thank you.
                  This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Treat yourself lightly
                    Treat yourself kind
                    There's no need to worry on
                    You will be fine
                    You will leave this place laughing
                    And somebody will cry
                    There is deep in the valley
                    Wonder not why

Best Wishes,
                    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• That's a beautiful song, Cris. Linda would love it.

Linda and I had so many tastes and interests in common. We were in touch multiple times in a day.

Every day I come across a beautiful song, a fascinating book or article, a funny remark, a wonderful photograph, a good cause, an event in my life, or just something cool that I know she'd absolutely love, and I immediately want to share it with her... and then it hits me all over again that I can't.

I miss Linda's wisdom, her humor, her intelligence, her curiosity, and her compassion.

I do my best to give emotional support to her husband and sister. We stay in close touch. We all agree that we wouldn't want to be selfish and keep Linda here with us when it would have meant she had to endure more suffering.

I thought that over the course of the past year I had finally come to some level of acceptance of her death, but I've spent the whole morning crying.

Bunny

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                        That's a beautiful song, Cris. Linda would love it.

Linda and I had so many tastes and interests in common. We were in touch multiple times in a day.

Every day I come across a beautiful song, a fascinating book or article, a funny remark, a wonderful photograph, a good cause, an event in my life, or just something cool that I know she'd absolutely love, and I immediately want to share it with her... and then it hits me all over again that I can't.

I miss Linda's wisdom, her humor, her intelligence, her curiosity, and her compassion.

I do my best to give emotional support to her husband and sister. We stay in close touch. We all agree that we wouldn't want to be selfish and keep Linda here with us when it would have meant she had to endure more suffering.

I thought that over the course of the past year I had finally come to some level of acceptance of her death, but I've spent the whole morning crying.

Bunny
                        What a wonderful, touching thread, and such caring sentiments beautifully expressed.

It's comforting and reassuring to know there are such good, thoughtful people in the world and on Casebook.

My thoughts and prayers to those of you who are grieving, may you all find comfort and peace.

And thanks to everyone who has posted, it has brightened my day.

Velma

Comment

• Velma

True friendship is special
                          And unfortunately, it is rare
                          But it makes it all the more special
                          It transcends the usual selfishness that inhabits many

And it triumphs in the end because it outlast it all...
                          ...even death

Nothing in this world is everlasting or even remembered for long
                          Except the love we leave behind
                          It never dies
                          Last edited by Hunter; 10-31-2013, 07:17 PM.
                          Best Wishes,
                          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                            Velma

True friendship is special
                            And unfortunately, it is rare
                            But it makes it all the more special
                            It transcends the usual selfishness that inhabits many

And it triumphs in the end because it outlast it all...
                            ...even death

Nothing in this world is everlasting or even remembered for long
                            Except the love we leave behind
                            It never dies
                            you're right, Hunter, true friendship is indeed special. For me, the visual image is a great, golden ball of sunshine with rays escaping the boundaries and extending outward or maybe that's my mental image of love itself . . . they seem intertwined in my fuzzy brain today.

Velma

Comment

• Dear Belinda and Stan,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have both recently lost loved ones. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

With love from Carol

Comment

• It doesn't seem possible that a whole year has gone by since Linda passed away. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who are still grieving. I was only just beginning to get to know her really shortly before she died but I am very sad that she had to leave.

With love from Carol

Comment

Working...
                                X