X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Svensson View Post
    But he does not provide such evidence because that's not really his goal, is it? His goal is to stop people from voting which is his only path to re-election.
    Brits might not realize that in the southern states vast numbers of coloured voters live in the country and are not able to get to voting stations in the city. This is why Trump is trying to condemn mail-in votes, because those coloured voters generally vote Democrat.
    Being the two-faced pumpkin that he is, Trump is listed to vote in Florida his home, so he does it by mail - go figure.

I would just love to see him lose this election, but I fear he is capable of pulling any stunt, legal or illegal, to make sure he wins.

Leave a comment:

• Svensson
    replied
    Originally posted by jason_c View Post

Mail in voting is extremely dodgy especially in today's circumstances. Not sure I'd trust the result either. Trump is certainly not talking out of his hat on the subject.
    well the problem though is that he does on this occasion as he does pretty much all the time. Of course, there is no evidence that mail-in voting is ripe with fraud. There is no logic in this (several states have been doing this for years but only now does the Russian Ambassador in the White House suggest that this is all fraud). So am I talking out of my hat on this subject? No I'm not because I have facts to back me up:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53353404:
    But the rate of voting fraud overall in the US is between 0.00004% and 0.0009%, according to a 2017 study by the Brennan Center for Justice.

A Washington Post review of the 2016 election found one proven case of postal voting fraud.

And a voter fraud database collated by Arizona State University between 2000 and 2012, found 491 cases of postal ballot fraud out of hundreds of millions of votes.

Oregon has held postal elections since 2000 and has only reported 14 fraudulent votes attempted by mail.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...ter-fraud-myth:
    "The president has continued to claim voter fraud was a problem in the 2016 election. A look at the facts makes clear fraud is rare, and does not happen on a scale even close to necessary to “rig” an election."

If Trump really thinks that there is fraud in mail-in voting then he should provide the evidence that this is happening and then work with the states to implement processes that would fix these issues. But he does not provide such evidence because that's not really his goal, is it? His goal is to stop people from voting which is his only path to re-election.

Back on subject, the interview with the Aussie was just another car-crash and complete humiliation by any objective standard like so many of his interviews that show that he is without a doubt the dumbest person on the planet ever to have put on a tie and jacket. And we don;t even have to go back that far. The Chris Wallace interview was a horror-show where he suggested that the Montreal Cognitive Assessment so difficult that Even Chris Wallace would not be able to pass it. He then follows it up and demonstrates his awesome powers that he can remember Man, Woman, TV, Camera and one other word that I can;t remember one month later. He basically grouped the words so he could repeat them on live TV. A third-grader would have realised that the words were not random.

And all this non-sense just repeats every day, every week, every month. Day in day out.

Does he talk out of his hat whenever he opens his mouth? I mean, is this even up for serious discussion?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Svensson; 08-26-2020, 10:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied
    Originally posted by jason_c View Post

Mail in voting is extremely dodgy especially in today's circumstances. Not sure I'd trust the result either. Trump is certainly not talking out of his hat on the subject.
    Merely out of his orange hairpiece???

Apologies, that was puerile!

Leave a comment:

• jason_c
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Yeah. If it's bad now, it's going to be worse for the next four years. This is a guy who says, if he loses the election it's because of corrupt mail voting fraud. If he wins? With that same mail voting? It's because he stopped the corrupt democrats who would have facilitated fraud. Republicans can be trusted to mail vote.

It's genuinely Orwellian. I thought Americans had they're laughs by voting in W. Bush. No, it actually seems he's something of a voice of reason now.

Enjoy the next term of greatness.

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
    Enjoy getting your news from CNN while you can. If "The Donald" gets another term, he'll go all out on shutting them down. And the NYT. And anyone who criticizes in general. It's Breitbart all the way.
    Ugggghhhhhhhhh! A sobering thought...….

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Potentially, 300,000 by December (CNN).
    Doesn't he realize that most of them will be Trump voters; refusing to wear masks, don't give a s**t about anyone else, "I've got my rights!", etc.
    So, fewer votes for Trump by the looks of it.
    Very true, Wick!

It's the unfortunate folk who didn't vote for this s**t-show, who end up infected as a result of the numb-nutted obstinacy of others, who I feel sorry for though.

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Enjoy getting your news from CNN while you can. If "The Donald" gets another term, he'll go all out on shutting them down. And the NYT. And anyone who criticizes in general. It's Breitbart all the way.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

A valid point, Harry!

There's still plenty of time for this maniac to clock up a similarly horrendous body-count though.

His, errrrmm, unconventional approach to both the environment and Covid should guarantee him a good start.
    Potentially, 300,000 by December (CNN).
    Doesn't he realize that most of them will be Trump voters; refusing to wear masks, don't give a s**t about anyone else, "I've got my rights!", etc.
    So, fewer votes for Trump by the looks of it.

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied
    There's still plenty of time for this maniac to clock up a similarly horrendous body-count though.
    Sickeningly, people would love that just to prove themselves right.

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry D View Post

Is that the same Bush who fabricated a war in the Middle East which led to 600,000 civilian deaths?
    A valid point, Harry!

His, errrrmm, unconventional approach to both the environment and Covid should guarantee him a good start.

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied
    Bush was a genius in comparison to this wazzock!
    Is that the same Bush who fabricated a war in the Middle East which led to 600,000 civilian deaths?

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied
    Bush was a genius in comparison to this wazzock!

The thought of another term of this ignorant, delusional, narcissistic, "***** grabbing" knob makes my blood run cold.

I suspect that's how it will play out though, so buckle up.....!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    It'd be funny, if it wasn't so downright terrifying!
    Yeah. If it's bad now, it's going to be worse for the next four years. This is a guy who says, if he loses the election it's because of corrupt mail voting fraud. If he wins? With that same mail voting? It's because he stopped the corrupt democrats who would have facilitated fraud. Republicans can be trusted to mail vote.

It's genuinely Orwellian. I thought Americans had they're laughs by voting in W. Bush. No, it actually seems he's something of a voice of reason now.

Enjoy the next term of greatness.

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied
    It'd be funny, if it wasn't so downright terrifying!

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Did he casually suggest that the entire civil rights movement wasn't a success until his presidency, hence he's done more for African Americans than LBJ did by passing the civil rights act?

Fairly and Democratically elected. You wanted him, now you got him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X