X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Not forgetting the mention of the new nuclear weapon developed by the US, "that no-one has seen the like of, ever before". Yet, I'll bet no-one charges him with divulging a state secret. There's another 'gift' for his buddy, Putin.

As pointed out by MSNBC, in that one brief line he just singlehandedly started another nuclear arms race!
    It's just as well he's 'invented' an Air Force then...

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Not forgetting the mention of the new nuclear weapon developed by the US, "that no-one has seen the like of, ever before". Yet, I'll bet no-one charges him with divulging a state secret. There's another 'gift' for his buddy, Putin.

As pointed out by MSNBC, in that one brief line he just singlehandedly started another nuclear arms race!
    Last edited by Wickerman; 09-10-2020, 03:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Svensson, your not including his Nobel Peace Prize (or should that be Noble? Remember that howler?) nomination.

And he's tweeted a tribute to his favourite Baseball Player, who's Puerto Rican. Trump loves Puerto Rico. And definitely didn't want to swap it for Greenland. Fake news. Losers.

Leave a comment:

• Svensson
    replied
    so it's been three days since the last post. Just to highlight this avalanche of scandals in this administration, since then we have seen/learnt:

- Trump did a campaign rally in NC where the is a mask mandate. No masks, no social distancing were enforced by his team.

- He suggested that having Kamala Harris, a black-indian woman, as President would be "an insult to this country".

- A new whistle-blower report surfaced suggesting that the Trump administration is pressuring intelligence agencies to downplay the threat of Russia's election meddling as well as the threat of domestic right-wing terrorism. It is the proof that the intelligence agencies have been weaponised that Republicans have been searching for for 3 years now. No doubt, Jim Jordan, Devin Nunez and Lindsey Graham will swing into immediate action to stamp out this sort of thing.

- The Postmaster General Louis de Joy is now under investigation for campaign finance violations.

- Trump suggested that his supporters should hang around polling stations to watch over the "thieving and robbery" that is going on there. Essentially, he is now also attacking the integrity of in-person voting.

- Trump knew all about how dangerous Covid-19 was and he is on tape for saying so. Yet, he did nothing and down-played the dangers of the virus because he thought it would hurt his re-election chances.

The above list should be enough to sink any administration for good but here, we are looking at just three days. 3 days! And these three days are not even particularly scandalous for DJT. Yet 40% of american voters look at this this and think "Yep, he's my kinda guy."

Leave a comment:

• Svensson
    replied
    In another completely insane presser this evening, Trump has called Biden "Stupid" (there's that word again...) stated that Biden has committed treason and should get 50 years in jail. And of course he is hinting that there will be a vaccine a few days before the election. Probably via FDA emergency authorisation which has really shown to work so incredibly well for Hydroxychloroquine or Convalescent Plasma .

Meanwhile, Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson&Johnson are reportedly preparing a joint statement to guarantee the safety and effectiveness of any vaccine that either one of them may bring to the market. Essentially, they feel they need to do this to protect the american people from the actions of the White House. Ho-hum....
    Last edited by Svensson; 09-07-2020, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Svensson
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Because that's how politics works right? The incoming president gets to fire the outgoing one? If nothing else, at least he's engaging with a person of colour. And paying him too, that's why the economy is so great. He really has done more than Lincoln or LBJ. Losers.
    . Loving it. We might have seen an audition for Kaleigh MagaNanny's succesor.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Is this really how a peaceful transition of power takes place?

I'm certain you'll end up telling everyone you were being sarcastic.

Trump's plays this particular card whenever his utterances come back to bite him in the arse.

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Now Michael 'The Fixer' Cohen has written a book - Disloyal - A Memoir.
    In it he relates how Trump hired an Obama look-alike to role-play, so Trump could verbally abuse Obama & practice firing him.

Before Donald Trump ever sought the Oval Office, he was preoccupied by its occupant President Barack Obama, publicly questioning his birthplace and privately describing him as “a Manchurian candidate” who obtained his Ivy League degrees only by way of affirmative action, according to a new book by Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen.

What is there left to say.....
    Because that's how politics works right? The incoming president gets to fire the outgoing one? If nothing else, at least he's engaging with a person of colour. And paying him too, that's why the economy is so great. He really has done more than Lincoln or LBJ. Losers.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi Wickerman,

The video is available here.

Either the video has emerged, or Trump has at least two videos in which he fires an Obama lookalike.

It is pathetic.

Be well.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Now Michael 'The Fixer' Cohen has written a book - Disloyal - A Memoir.
    In it he relates how Trump hired an Obama look-alike to role-play, so Trump could verbally abuse Obama & practice firing him.

Before Donald Trump ever sought the Oval Office, he was preoccupied by its occupant President Barack Obama, publicly questioning his birthplace and privately describing him as “a Manchurian candidate” who obtained his Ivy League degrees only by way of affirmative action, according to a new book by Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen.

What is there left to say.....

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi Abby,

"unnamed sources. anon sources. secret accusers. "sources close to..."

Quite right. Who wants an armed-to-the-teeth Qanon lunatic or Trump militiaman beating a path to their front door.

Stay safe.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Svensson
    replied
    Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

If people are worried, they can place their ballot directly into an election center drop-off box, which entirely circumvents the mail.

Further, I can't speak for everywhere, but in Multnomah County, Oregon (Portland) there is a system in place to confirm your ballot has shown up and has been counted. The voter is sent confirmation by text, phone, or email.
    Nice one. That's the kind of controls that I was hoping for. Simple and effective.

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
    I don't know if it was reported in Europe, but at a political rally last week Trump encouraged voters in North Carolina to vote twice; encouraging people to commit voter fraud is a felony in that state.
    Yes it was.

Leave a comment:

• Svensson
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    unnamed sources. anon sources. secret accusers. "sources close to..." what a bunch of bs. thats whats wrong with journalism and news and politics today. too much bs and fake news. and the news outlets have devolved into the propaganda arm of their respective parties.

sad. the founding fathers are turning in their graves.
    I think you're shooting the messenger here. If you look at my post just above your, I was careful to focus on established facts and DJT's own words/tweets. My list has nothing to do with how the press were reporting this content, the issue here is the content itself which consistently shows that DJT does not think much of Joe Average. As for this particular issue here, I really think it's immaterial and won;t move the needle either way because all of us here, including his supporters, know that he is very well capable of saying this. It's just that his supporters are able to put it aside rather focus on the conservative agenda that McConnell is able to carry out in the Senate.

The other thing is that other news organisations, say BBC, Guardian, Spiegel (DE) here in Europe pretty much operate the same way with "Sources close to..." or removing the source's name if that is what the source is requesting. It has always been like this and providing that they follow editorial standards, I see it as neccessary.
    Last edited by Svensson; 09-07-2020, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Svensson View Post

What does shock me however is that there are around 50 million people in the US who look at this guy and say: "Yes, I want this guy in the Oval office for another 4 years. He is good for this country."....
    Precisely, and this is what surprises me about all these 'talk-news' shows. I don't see anyone addressing the fact that 35%? of Americans voted for him.
    It is reasonable to assume an occasional crook or incompetent ignoramus will try to get in to the White House, but about 35% of Americans seem to think the same way he does, and that should be troubling for any future President to have to deal with, because Trump may be gone, but this 35% will still be there with their, self-serving, self-righteous, ignorant, outlook on what they think America should be.

Now I hear Trump is pushing for the border with Canada to open again. The closure is inhibiting the economy and he needs it open. Trudeau is keeping it closed. So I expect we are going to see more threats and trade tariffs from this fool in the next few weeks.
    We can't afford another four years of incompetence from this White House - Go Joe!!!

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    unnamed sources. anon sources. secret accusers. "sources close to..." what a bunch of bs. thats whats wrong with journalism and news and politics today. too much bs and fake news. and the news outlets have devolved into the propaganda arm of their respective parties.

sad. the founding fathers are turning in their graves.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X