Trump's HBO Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jason_c View Post

True, but the US is filled with areas which tend to vote either heavily Republican or heavily Democrat. Shoving a bunch of ballot envelopes in the trash from, say, rural Michigan or downtown Detroit and its fairly obvious which candidate's votes you are interfering with.
    1. A rural postal worker would himself be a resident of this rural area and Republican leaning himself.
    2. I don't think we can automatically assume that most, or all, posts workers are in agreement with their union leaders and are therefore capable of critically conspiring with them against the American people.
    3. Postal workers don't just risk their jobs, livelihoods and futures by throwing away envelopes they're supposed to deliver.
    4. sending ballots by recorded mail would also solve this problem (which doesn't actually exist in the first place due to 1, 2 and 3, imho...)

Cheers.
    Last edited by Svensson; 09-06-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
      4. sending ballots by recorded mail would also solve this problem (which doesn't actually exist in the first place due to 1, 2 and 3, imho...)
      If people are worried, they can place their ballot directly into an election center drop-off box, which entirely circumvents the mail.

Further, I can't speak for everywhere, but in Multnomah County, Oregon (Portland) there is a system in place to confirm your ballot has shown up and has been counted. The voter is sent confirmation by text, phone, or email.

I don't know if it was reported in Europe, but at a political rally last week Trump encouraged voters in North Carolina to vote twice; encouraging people to commit voter fraud is a felony in that state.

DJT wants chaos, because he wrongly believes he can control and exploit chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Clearly have hit a sore spot Jon, but not to worry, he's not a yank, same as you and I, so we'll leave the election down to them. For my tuppence worth, I think The Donald will win, not because of his positive attributes, but because the Democrats fielded a poor candidate. Think how bad he is while trying to swing favour. Another five years, **** it's going to get bad. Patriots Vs Anarchists. Civil War.
        I know Shyster #2 (Don Jr.) is worried that if Daddy doesn't win they're all going to jail, he said that on camera just a few days ago. This is why I think Trump will try pull any stunt, legal or illegal to make sure he wins, he knows the alternative is not worth thinking about.

They know they're all a bunch of crooks, charlatans & liars, but when they are gone, eventually, the Republican party is going to be in shambles.
        They're too stupid to see Trump is just using them to get what he wants. It's the same with his supporters, we've heard that he laughs at them. They vote for him while he is getting rich off them, he tells them what they want to hear and throws them a tax break of a cent on the dollar, while he gives himself & his rich cronies 10 cents on the dollar - and they love him for it.

You remember back in 2016 he stood up at a convention with his arms spread out, exclaiming, "How I love the uneducated", of course he does, he thinks they're too stupid to know what's really going on.
        He crams them in to these conventions, no masks, they're all going to get sick, he doesn't care about them. There's plenty more fools who'll turn up at the next convention.
        If it wasn't so potentially dangerous, it would be hilarious.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post

100% did not happen. The journalist who wrote the story is the same guy who first claimed a link between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda. You can also tell it's untrue because the 'sources' do not give specifics of exactly where and when these words were said. The reason for this is because the 'sources' do not want others who were in the same conversation to have an ability to deny these words were said by Trump.
          I think it 100% DID happen. Not because of which source was able to confirm what and when but because it is entirely within Trump's character to say something degrading about other peoplpe when he is upset about something or someone.

- He refers to NFL players as 'Son's of b*tches'
          - he refers to a journalist a 'slimeball' for doing their job.
          - Yes, despite his denial, Trump is on record for calling McCain a loser.
          - He calls Harris and Warren "Nasty women" but when asked about Ghislaine Maxwell, he warmly wishes her well.

It all comes down to his unique mixture of ignorance and narcissism with more than just a sprinkling of stupidity:

- When it showed in 2016 that he had gone bankrupt a few times and therefore didn't pay any taxes for around 10 years he scoffed "That makes me smart" which would suggest by extension he thinks that everyone else who does pay taxes is stupid.
          - When he shows a chart with a projected hurricane path, then takes a sharpie and extends to into Alabama, he basically assumes we're all too stupid to notice.
          - When he suggests that people in Finland are raking their forests to prevent fires, he must think that not just Americans but also the people of Finland are completely stupid.
          - When he dictates his "medical" to his personal doctor who then types up the medical verbatim to state that all his medical tests are positive, it not only shows how incredibly stupid Trump himself is but that again, he thinks that american citizens are suckers for accepting this completely made-up medical.
          - The almost daily rage-tweeting in the middle of the night which shows how completely un-tethered he is from reality.

So no, nothing that he says surprises or shocks me anymore and it hasn't for a long time. What does shock me however is that there are around 50 million people in the US who look at this guy and say: "Yes, I want this guy in the Oval office for another 4 years. He is good for this country." And the above only shows that he is a completely incompetent baby with severe mental problems. We haven't even started to dig into how he is changing the US from within and is throwing liberal democracies around the world, something that we here in Europe have a very different relationship with, to the wolves. If the US wants to try out dictatorship and autocracy for a while, by all means go for it but leave us Europeans out of it. We did have a go at that in various forms and guises in the 20th century and we have decided it's not for us.
          Last edited by Svensson; 09-07-2020, 08:56 AM.

Comment

unnamed sources. anon sources. secret accusers. "sources close to..." what a bunch of bs. thats whats wrong with journalism and news and politics today. too much bs and fake news. and the news outlets have devolved into the propaganda arm of their respective parties.

sad. the founding fathers are turning in their graves.

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post

What does shock me however is that there are around 50 million people in the US who look at this guy and say: "Yes, I want this guy in the Oval office for another 4 years. He is good for this country."....
              Precisely, and this is what surprises me about all these 'talk-news' shows. I don't see anyone addressing the fact that 35%? of Americans voted for him.
              It is reasonable to assume an occasional crook or incompetent ignoramus will try to get in to the White House, but about 35% of Americans seem to think the same way he does, and that should be troubling for any future President to have to deal with, because Trump may be gone, but this 35% will still be there with their, self-serving, self-righteous, ignorant, outlook on what they think America should be.

Now I hear Trump is pushing for the border with Canada to open again. The closure is inhibiting the economy and he needs it open. Trudeau is keeping it closed. So I expect we are going to see more threats and trade tariffs from this fool in the next few weeks.
              We can't afford another four years of incompetence from this White House - Go Joe!!!

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                unnamed sources. anon sources. secret accusers. "sources close to..." what a bunch of bs. thats whats wrong with journalism and news and politics today. too much bs and fake news. and the news outlets have devolved into the propaganda arm of their respective parties.

sad. the founding fathers are turning in their graves.
                I think you're shooting the messenger here. If you look at my post just above your, I was careful to focus on established facts and DJT's own words/tweets. My list has nothing to do with how the press were reporting this content, the issue here is the content itself which consistently shows that DJT does not think much of Joe Average. As for this particular issue here, I really think it's immaterial and won;t move the needle either way because all of us here, including his supporters, know that he is very well capable of saying this. It's just that his supporters are able to put it aside rather focus on the conservative agenda that McConnell is able to carry out in the Senate.

The other thing is that other news organisations, say BBC, Guardian, Spiegel (DE) here in Europe pretty much operate the same way with "Sources close to..." or removing the source's name if that is what the source is requesting. It has always been like this and providing that they follow editorial standards, I see it as neccessary.
                Last edited by Svensson; 09-07-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

If people are worried, they can place their ballot directly into an election center drop-off box, which entirely circumvents the mail.

Further, I can't speak for everywhere, but in Multnomah County, Oregon (Portland) there is a system in place to confirm your ballot has shown up and has been counted. The voter is sent confirmation by text, phone, or email.
                  Nice one. That's the kind of controls that I was hoping for. Simple and effective.

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                  I don't know if it was reported in Europe, but at a political rally last week Trump encouraged voters in North Carolina to vote twice; encouraging people to commit voter fraud is a felony in that state.
                  Yes it was.

Comment

Hi Abby,

"unnamed sources. anon sources. secret accusers. "sources close to..."

Quite right. Who wants an armed-to-the-teeth Qanon lunatic or Trump militiaman beating a path to their front door.

Stay safe.

Simon
                    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Now Michael 'The Fixer' Cohen has written a book - Disloyal - A Memoir.
                      In it he relates how Trump hired an Obama look-alike to role-play, so Trump could verbally abuse Obama & practice firing him.

Before Donald Trump ever sought the Oval Office, he was preoccupied by its occupant President Barack Obama, publicly questioning his birthplace and privately describing him as “a Manchurian candidate” who obtained his Ivy League degrees only by way of affirmative action, according to a new book by Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen.

What is there left to say.....
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Hi Wickerman,

The video is available here.

Either the video has emerged, or Trump has at least two videos in which he fires an Obama lookalike.

It is pathetic.

Be well.

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                          Now Michael 'The Fixer' Cohen has written a book - Disloyal - A Memoir.
                          In it he relates how Trump hired an Obama look-alike to role-play, so Trump could verbally abuse Obama & practice firing him.

Before Donald Trump ever sought the Oval Office, he was preoccupied by its occupant President Barack Obama, publicly questioning his birthplace and privately describing him as “a Manchurian candidate” who obtained his Ivy League degrees only by way of affirmative action, according to a new book by Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen.

What is there left to say.....
                          Because that's how politics works right? The incoming president gets to fire the outgoing one? If nothing else, at least he's engaging with a person of colour. And paying him too, that's why the economy is so great. He really has done more than Lincoln or LBJ. Losers.
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Is this really how a peaceful transition of power takes place?

I'm certain you'll end up telling everyone you were being sarcastic.

Trump's plays this particular card whenever his utterances come back to bite him in the arse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Because that's how politics works right? The incoming president gets to fire the outgoing one? If nothing else, at least he's engaging with a person of colour. And paying him too, that's why the economy is so great. He really has done more than Lincoln or LBJ. Losers.
                              . Loving it. We might have seen an audition for Kaleigh MagaNanny's succesor.

Comment

• In another completely insane presser this evening, Trump has called Biden "Stupid" (there's that word again...) stated that Biden has committed treason and should get 50 years in jail. And of course he is hinting that there will be a vaccine a few days before the election. Probably via FDA emergency authorisation which has really shown to work so incredibly well for Hydroxychloroquine or Convalescent Plasma .

Meanwhile, Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson&Johnson are reportedly preparing a joint statement to guarantee the safety and effectiveness of any vaccine that either one of them may bring to the market. Essentially, they feel they need to do this to protect the american people from the actions of the White House. Ho-hum....
                                Last edited by Svensson; 09-07-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X