No announcement yet.

Amazing...but true!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anomalous Metallic Object Discovered Inside a 4.5 Billion-Year-Old Meteorite

As meteorite dealers, my wife Linda and I have continued supplying meteorites and importing new stock throughout lockdown. On Friday, April 17th 2020, I received a parcel of meteorites I had ordered from a dependable regular source.

hmmm.

Comment

I can't help suspecting that story as it comes from a dealer in meteorite fragments. And he doesn't tell us exactly WHY the metal objects are "anomalies". Strange.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

About 747 million light-years from Earth, a triplet of galaxies are locked in a gravitational tug-of-war that was spied by the Hubble Space Telescope as it observed them interacting in the Lynx constellation.

According to astronomers, the Hubble Telescope has captured a picture of three galaxies in the Lynx constellation locked in a gravitational battle. Amazing... but true!
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
          I read today that Lennard Pearce, who played Grandad in Only Fools met and shook hands with Adolf Hitler! Amazing...but true.
          Anyone got more nuggets to share? All I ask is they be Amazing...but true.
          ( Note: for maximum enjoyment of this thread, it's essential to put a mental dramatic pause in Amazing... but true )
          Abe,

(162) JOHN PEEL IN DALLAS (JFK) - YouTube

Radio 1 DJ John Peel (and Jack Ruby for that matter) was famously in the Houston press briefing when Lee Harvey Oswald was announced as the prime suspect in the assassination of JFK.

That - by the way - is not the amazing bit.

The amazing...bit was that he was there reporting for the Liverpool Echo. If he'd not had his head turned by radio and TV, he could have been working with Tony Devereux on the Maybrick scrapbook or even taking down Mike Barrett's confession in 1994 (if the latter hadn't gone to the Daily Post instead). Sliding doors and what have you.

Amazing...bit, true.

Ike
          Iconoclast
          Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

Jack The Hat Mcvitie was actually murdered by Krays for taunting the twins that his biscuits are The Great All Rounder with Wheat at the Heart.

Amazing.. but not true.

The thing that is amazing but true is that the Liverpool echo has always been at the forefront promoting equality between the sexes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F58F8A8E-2594-4BDF-89AA-37CB22A05655.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	764585

Comment

Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

Abe,

(162) JOHN PEEL IN DALLAS (JFK) - YouTube

Radio 1 DJ John Peel (and Jack Ruby for that matter) was famously in the Houston press briefing when Lee Harvey Oswald was announced as the prime suspect in the assassination of JFK.

That - by the way - is not the amazing bit.

The amazing...bit was that he was there reporting for the Liverpool Echo. If he'd not had his head turned by radio and TV, he could have been working with Tony Devereux on the Maybrick scrapbook or even taking down Mike Barrett's confession in 1994 (if the latter hadn't gone to the Daily Post instead). Sliding doors and what have you.

Amazing...bit, true.

Ike
              Hi Ike,

I'm pretty sure there's an even more amazing... and true! link between Maybrick's former home and the assassination of JFK.

IIRC, former tenants of Battlecrease House were in the US and on the bus with Lee Harvey Oswald on his journey into the history books.

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Absolutely amazing and true photo of the Earth, showing its dazzling surface (lit up by electric lights at night) in juxtaposition with the dazzling stars in space.
                ---------------
                ---------------

Comment

Erwin Rommel was considered by many to be a military genius. But that doesn't mean we ever had a statue of him in Germany. Probably because he fought for a depraved ideology and no current or previous Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany would have ever dreamt of defending him in public or otherwise.

Amazing... but true!

Comment

Working...
                  X