Woman Lost in Jungle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Lost in Jungle

There's something wrong with the story of this woman who's supposed to have been lost in the jungle on Maui for 17 days. The island is only about 20 miles across, if that. Downhill is toward the sea, no matter where you are. You're never too far from a place where you can see the ocean. The main road on the island follows the coast. There are little excursion boats full of tourists and fishermen out all day long.

She says that she covered herself with mud at night to stay warm, but she looks only slightly grubby in the picture. The guys who rescued her are dirtier than she is.
    - Ginger

That's what everyone thinks, but her story is legit. She fell off a twenty foot cliff and has a broken leg (verified). She took her shoes off during a flash flood (they happen here all the time this time of year, including that week) and lost them. With her broken bone, and no shoes, she could do little else but watch the helicopters go by and stay by the creek. She may have been foolish, but she's not pulling a scam.

This area is very rugged. I went on a hike on the Big Island awhile back and spent 45 minutes trying to get through less than 50' yards of tangled guava trees that I thought I could easily pass through. I literally crawled in the mud on my back and stomach during much of this "hike." The jungle can be a real bitch, and the majority of Hawaii is lava beds and jungle, and not the sandy beaches and golf carts that one sees on t.v. The place she was at is thick jungle.

I believe her, and, for proof, she's clearly dropped about 20 pounds, has bloody and burnt feet, and a fractured left tibia that shows up on x-rays and is currently being treated for a bad infection. No; this is no Jussie Smollett moment.

Comment

Thanks!
      - Ginger

Comment

Working...
      X