X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pcdunn
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger View Post

She's obviously never heard of Herostratus.
    No, but a quick search found this article:

He burnt down a Greek temple just because, and the Greeks said they wouldn't mention his name ever again. Sounds like a plan...

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

Thanks, GUT. Very sad about the recent terrorist attack in New Zealand. Much talk on Twitter over here about their leader's response to the mass killing of Muslims. We wish we had a leader like that.
    She's obviously never heard of Herostratus.

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied

Thanks, GUT. Very sad about the recent terrorist attack in New Zealand. Much talk on Twitter over here about their leader's response to the mass killing of Muslims. We wish we had a leader like that.
    Bloody awful and to think the killer was born in Aus hits even harder.

Jacinta Adern has really stepped up to the plate in response.

Leave a comment:

• Pcdunn
    replied
    Originally posted by Redbirdpete View Post
    I am also a returnee - I left 10 years or more ago being frustrated with some bickering I had with another user. I can't even remember what my handle was back then. But I'm back.
    Welcome back!

Leave a comment:

• Pcdunn
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post

G’day Dunny, missed seeing this, welcome back to the nuthouse

Leave a comment:

• DirectorDave
    replied
    It's like a Tardis refit that I secretly like but don't want to admit in fear of being seen as new-fashioned.

Welcome home.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    Originally posted by Redbirdpete View Post
    I am also a returnee - I left 10 years or more ago being frustrated with some bickering I had with another user. I can't even remember what my handle was back then. But I'm back.
    Well, you've chosen an excellent time to return. No bickering of any sort these days!

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    I've been away from the forums for awhile, but came back on a new laptop to find Casebook has a new, more modern look! Very nice!

Also glad to see my old log-in and password were saved.

Just finished reading a book called The World of Sherlock Holmes by Mr. Fido, of Ripperology fame. Nicely illustrated and pretty up-to-date look at the history of Holmes, Watson, and their literary agent Doyle.

Well, must head to bed, but greetings to all forum members, new and old. Be seeing you later!

Pat D.
    G’day Dunny, missed seeing this, welcome back to the nuthouse

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Welcome back

Leave a comment:

• Redbirdpete
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pcdunn
    replied
    Thanks, all. The cat is my tortie rescue cat, Emma. Her markings are amazing!

I'm okay, but have been having a sinus cold and hiding from work for most of this week. Just got more snow last night, so inside is the place to be!

Stay warm, everybody!☺️

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Hello Pat.

Hope you’re well.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    Hiya! That's a lovely cat!

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Welcome back, Pat.

Leave a comment:

• Pcdunn
    started a topic Hello, again

Hello, again

I've been away from the forums for awhile, but came back on a new laptop to find Casebook has a new, more modern look! Very nice!

Also glad to see my old log-in and password were saved.

Just finished reading a book called The World of Sherlock Holmes by Mr. Fido, of Ripperology fame. Nicely illustrated and pretty up-to-date look at the history of Holmes, Watson, and their literary agent Doyle.

Well, must head to bed, but greetings to all forum members, new and old. Be seeing you later!

Pat D.
Working...
X