Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinkmoon
    replied
    We have been moved into pub talk it's a promotion in my opinion

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    How about releasing a single we could call the project. "Vincent aid "
    Sorry can't sing a note in tune.....I'll give Geldof a call see if he's busy...

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Alright, I'll throw in a couple of tins of Whiskas as well
    How about releasing a single we could call the project. "Vincent aid "

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    Cheap skate I'm donating a fiver and the kids pocket money.
    Alright, I'll throw in a couple of tins of Whiskas as well

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    I pledge my £1.00

Amanda
    Cheap skate I'm donating a fiver and the kids pocket money.

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Yes, but....

Hi Graham,

You're absolutely correct, Van Gogh corresponded with his brother from Arles (in fact I think it was a begging letter asking for funds) on the day of one of the murders.
    I think Dale is just being humoured in his theory until someone uncovers the real JtR culprit which, let's face it, may a a good while yet if ever.

Amanda

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Pardon me, but didn't an astute poster recently blow this crazy theory out of the water by showing that VVG wrote a couple of letters from Arles on the day of one of the murders? I have to ask, because most of the time I can quite easily resist browsing this thread, but once in a while curiosity overcomes me and I have to have a look to see if any more nonsense has been posted.

Ages ago on the pre-crash site I once whimsically suggested W S Gilbert would be a good candidate for JtR, as he had a habit of wandering the London streets during the first nights of the Savoy Operas. This was due purely to nerves, nothing else, but I received a couple of PM's asking me for further details so they could 'research' my 'theory'. I think the writers of the PM's were serious....

Graham

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    I pledge my £1.00

Amanda

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    Oh Dale this is so frustrating you might have the answer to the world's most famous unsolved murder case in the palm of your hand but due to financial restrictions cannot share it with us .Why don't you open a PayPal account and ask people to donate small amounts I'm sure enough people would help out.Like I said before if this case is going to be solved it can only come from a very unexpected source this could be it.

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Belief

Hi Dale,

I have also spent quite a considerable sum on documents & photos obtained for my own publication, so can fully sympathise with you.

However, I feel the success of your book comes down to self-belief & the way in which you project your research.
    Have you considered that it might actually be your writing style and not the theory/evidence that is putting off publishers?

After all, there could be no more important figure in British society than the Queen & her family, yet there have been numerous publications about royal conspiracy theories.

Amanda

Leave a comment:

• Vincent alias Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    Well if you have to pay those costs anyway, we are back to self-publish, unless of course there is no book.
    Of course, there is a book, but there is no money. The pursuit of the book has cost me greatly in many ways, mostly financial. But I fight on.

Thanks,
    Dale Larner

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincent alias Jack View Post
    That's not it. Even obtaining a publisher, it's the responsibility of the author to pay for the permissions. No, the problem is the obvious one--it sounds nuts!

After that, for those who can get beyond their initial disbelief to have a look, invariably, fear creeps in. Fear of going against the established image and fame of Van Gogh, and fear of being associated with something that seems so insane--which they believe could destroy their reputation, etc.

All of this is understandable, and yet, and yet, what seems nuts is not so nuts, and the truth must come out.

Thanks,
    Dale Larner

Well if you have to pay those costs anyway, we are back to self-publish, unless of course there is no book.

Leave a comment:

• Vincent alias Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    If there are so many royalties to pay maybe that's why no one will touch it with a 10 foot pole.
    That's not it. Even obtaining a publisher, it's the responsibility of the author to pay for the permissions. No, the problem is the obvious one--it sounds nuts!

After that, for those who can get beyond their initial disbelief to have a look, invariably, fear creeps in. Fear of going against the established image and fame of Van Gogh, and fear of being associated with something that seems so insane--which they believe could destroy their reputation, etc.

All of this is understandable, and yet, and yet, what seems nuts is not so nuts, and the truth must come out.

Thanks,
    Dale Larner

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincent alias Jack View Post
    Thanks for your input. I made sure to copyright it a while back. In the end, the e-book route might be the only way to get it out there, but even that has a cost--due to the permissions needed for the many sources used. I will find a way.

Thanks,
    Dale Larner
    If there are so many royalties to pay maybe that's why no one will touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Leave a comment:

• Vincent alias Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Azarna View Post
    Self-publishing is pretty easy, economical and fun!

One can get a really professional result with just a bit of research and aforethought, something that a Ripper author will be experienced in doing already.

Even if you didn't want to do a printed version this way you could just do a Kindle one which would establish your copyright etc, and protect you from anyone else stealing your thunder. Then you could use the proceeds from that version to fund the printed version (though one can publish those with very minimal costs nowadays anyway).

I have some experience in this and would be happy to freely offer any pointers or suggestions if I can. I am know quite a bit about promoting the finished product, which is very important if you want to get it selling fast. Feel free to message me if you think I can help in anyway.
    Thanks for your input. I made sure to copyright it a while back. In the end, the e-book route might be the only way to get it out there, but even that has a cost--due to the permissions needed for the many sources used. I will find a way.

Thanks,
    Dale Larner

Leave a comment:

Working...
X