Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andy1867
    replied
    Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
    Sorry, not true. Only a minority do it.

If it's a fiction, no problem. A serious and honest author knows the difference between a fiction novel and a research based on historical facts. He will present it accordingly which is obviously not the case with Dale Larner's project. So when so much hard evidence contradicts the Van Gogh theory and people are still waiting to buy the 'Cased closed- Van Gogh is the Ripper', they're knowingly accepting to be ripped off or live in a fantasy world.
    Sadly though the reader who buys it , oft times does not.
    I tend to buy them anyway, one reason being...Buying the book...then reading the threads on here can lead to hours of entertainment that justify the expense anyway....(Then throw away the book)
    But "Case Closed".."Naming Jack the ripper" and suchlike..are misleading
    I am the first to admit I have little knowledge of the field, especially compared to the posters on here, but I know the gist of it...
    A lot of writings and media surrounding this subjet should be categorised as "Historical Fiction"...then you can read it or watch it...enjoy...and not feel a fool when log on this site

Leave a comment:

• Hercule Poirot
    replied
    Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    Most people who write books on jtr don't let little things like facts get in the way of a good story.
    Sorry, not true. Only a minority do it.

If it's a fiction, no problem. A serious and honest author knows the difference between a fiction novel and a research based on historical facts. He will present it accordingly which is obviously not the case with Dale Larner's project. So when so much hard evidence contradicts the Van Gogh theory and people are still waiting to buy the 'Cased closed- Van Gogh is the Ripper', they're knowingly accepting to be ripped off or live in a fantasy world.

Leave a comment:

• Steadmund Brand
    replied
    Most people who write books on jtr don't let little things like facts get in the way of a good story.
    Wait.. what if we find Vincent's DNA on the Shawl!!!!

I still say it was a 14 year old Harry Houdini... that is why it was so easy for him to escape....plus he kept returning to Europe throughout his career....ya know.. returning to the scene of the crime as it were........think about it.... no, actually better not think about it...

All kidding aside... have you ever thought about Kickstarter.. or GOFUNDME or any of the other online fundraising sites...people have financed movies and albums and small business that way.. may be worth a shot to get your book out there...

Steadmund Brand

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
    Some pseudo ripperologists prefer living in a fantasy world where the next suspect however idiotic motives must be the real thing. I'd call it the National Inquiry syndrome: If it's written, it must be true!!

Leave a comment:

• Hercule Poirot
    replied
    Originally posted by Graham View Post
    Pardon me, but didn't an astute poster recently blow this crazy theory out of the water by showing that VVG wrote a couple of letters from Arles on the day of one of the murders? I have to ask, because most of the time I can quite easily resist browsing this thread, but once in a while curiosity overcomes me and I have to have a look to see if any more nonsense has been posted....

Graham
    Some pseudo ripperologists prefer living in a fantasy world where the next suspect however idiotic motives must be the real thing. I'd call it the National Inquiry syndrome: If it's written, it must be true!!

Leave a comment:

• The Good Michael
    replied
    Pardon me, but didn't an astute poster recently blow this crazy theory out of the water by showing that VVG wrote a couple of letters from Arles on the day of one of the murders? I have to ask, because most of the time I can quite easily resist browsing this thread, but once in a while curiosity overcomes me and I have to have a look to see if any more nonsense has been posted.
    Well, except that murder wasn't his. It doesn't matter which one. They are all sufficiently different enough that any one of them may be dismissed by a good suspectologist...and usually is.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• andy1867
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    Well that's an hour or so of your life you'll never see again.
    Sadly true....

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
    Yes..I read Mr Edwards book recently...
    Well that's an hour or so of your life you'll never see again.

Leave a comment:

• andy1867
    replied
    Deeming was the first suspect Edwards tried to rope in with his table cloth, and shonky DNA.
    Yes..I read Mr Edwards book recently...

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
    Just seen the documentary where The Shawl was used to try and tie Deeming in...amazing the amount of stuff I don't know....and I prove it..post on post
    Deeming was the first suspect Edwards tried to rope in with his table cloth, and shonky DNA.

Leave a comment:

• andy1867
    replied
    The shawl was more far fetched than this .
    Just seen the documentary where The Shawl was used to try and tie Deeming in...amazing the amount of stuff I don't know....and I prove it..post on post

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    I'm not sure this thread even qualifies for Pub Talk. Unless you've had a few and a few more again.
    The shawl was more far fetched than this .

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    We have been moved into pub talk it's a promotion in my opinion
    I'm not sure this thread even qualifies for Pub Talk. Unless you've had a few and a few more again.

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Pardon me, but didn't an astute poster recently blow this crazy theory out of the water by showing that VVG wrote a couple of letters from Arles on the day of one of the murders? I have to ask, because most of the time I can quite easily resist browsing this thread, but once in a while curiosity overcomes me and I have to have a look to see if any more nonsense has been posted.

Ages ago on the pre-crash site I once whimsically suggested W S Gilbert would be a good candidate for JtR, as he had a habit of wandering the London streets during the first nights of the Savoy Operas. This was due purely to nerves, nothing else, but I received a couple of PM's asking me for further details so they could 'research' my 'theory'. I think the writers of the PM's were serious....

Graham
    Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Hi Graham,

You're absolutely correct, Van Gogh corresponded with his brother from Arles (in fact I think it was a begging letter asking for funds) on the day of one of the murders.
    I think Dale is just being humoured in his theory until someone uncovers the real JtR culprit which, let's face it, may a a good while yet if ever.

Amanda
    Gee Graham what a thing to say, to quote Dale he could write any date he wanted on the letter it doesn't prove a thing,

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Sorry can't sing a note in tune.....I'll give Geldof a call see if he's busy...

I come from a musical family even the sewing machine was a singer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X