No announcement yet.

Beatrice's Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must say I thought Elton John's hat looked a bit silly.
    Last edited by Chris; 05-01-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Far too many shots during the broadcast of Sir Elton and David Furnish I thought, even though the latter is a Canadian. Sir Elton didn't seem to know the words to any of the hymns. BTW, I heard that Rowan Atkinson was invited, but I didn't see one shot of him.

Comment

OK, I may get in trouble for this, but I must post it:

Prince Harry pelvic thrusts down the aisle and Prince William arrives by leapfrogging his brother before Kate boogies into view in T-Mobile's vision of the nuptials.

(Click on clip to view....the woman playing Camilla is my favorite, I think...)
        Cheers,
        cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

Oh that's fantastic Caps! Thanks for posting it.

The girls playing Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are marginally better dressed than the real girls were at the wedding!

Thanks for cheering up my day.

Comment

Hi everyone.

I thought the ceremony itself was lovely, but I agree that many of the women were dressed atrociously. Poor Beatrice's dress looked like it was made from a 1970's bedspread or maybe a shower curtain, and Princess Anne's was ghastly too. Beatrice is a pretty girl and it's a shame her stylists didn't help her choose something more appropriate to her age and the occasion.

As for all the crazy outfits and hats, I have always believed that a wedding day is for THE BRIDE, and that it's quite tacky and selfish to try and "upstage" the bride in any way. Of course, they all failed to do so because Catherine was so lovely and graceful. I feel sorry for the guests who spent the service with extravagant feathers sticking in their eyes because they were seated by somebody who mistook the occasion for Royal Ascot.

Frankly, the ones who impressed me were the Middletons. They all looked fabulous, very elegant and sophisticated. Pippa made a lovely bridesmaid and handled herself with simplicity and grace. James Middleton delivered the prayer beautifully. Their mother was well-dressed in a simple style, and the father looked handsome and correct in his morning suit. They all seemed very natural and behaved perfectly properly.

I thought the Middletons had much more poise than the Windsors. Prince Harry slumped and shuffled his feet; even Prince William didn't stand up straight some of the time.
            (For Michael Middleton to have better posture than two Royal Princes who are both military officers amazed me.)

The other Windsors whispered during the service, Camilla wore a huge ungainly hat that probably blocked the view of those behind her, and as the camera panned the guests, there was Prince Andrew sitting behind the Queen with his legs wide apart and his right hand resting directly on his crotch!
            (Maybe a rather Freudian protective gesture, considering how his own marriage turned out.)

I must say the procession with all the carriages and horses was marvelous, and seemed to be executed flawlessly. I enjoyed watching it.

I wish William and Catherine every happiness. In my opinion Catherine will bring some sorely-needed naturalness, poise, proper behavior, and good taste into the royal family. They're fortunate to have her.

Best regards,
            Archaic

Comment

Maybe I have a different perspective because I live in the Southern Baptist capitol of the world, but I thought the whole point of hats in church was for them to be outrageous. I mean, they are called fascinators for a reason. Every time I go to a non-evening wedding the hats are insane. It's sort of like a pre-game show. I have never been distracted from the wedding by these confections, though I have occasionally wished I could see through them. Here it's not rude, it's celebratory.

By the way, the mirrored/belled/brightly colored/feather bird toys? Also called fascinators.
              The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I loved the ad posted !! Harry looked like the real thing !
                http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

For those concerned about hats, have you seen the Archbishop of Canterbury's? I'll let our transatlantic friends into a secret : it's actually a tea cosy, and it conceals a pot of tea. The idea is to keep the tea hot. Of course, the Archbishop doesn't want it too hot since the pot is balanced on his head.

This is the reason why nobody has ever seen the Archbishop of Canterbury standing on his head - the tea would get spilt.

Comment

Hi guys.

My apologies; I mixed up Beatrice & Eugenie. I thought Beatrice looked quite nice. It wasn't my favorite outfit in the world, but at least it was well-styled and appropriate. I think her hat would have been fun at a cocktail party.
                    Eugenie wore the more questionable blue outfit. (But I admit it's better than what her mother would have worn if she'd been invited.)

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                    Tara whatsername's hat looked like she had a giant blue vagina attached to her forehead.

It was hideous, and yet I couldn't stop staring.
                    Um, I think I missed the giant blue vagina, Magpie. It sounds rather alarming. Do you happen to have a picture of it?
                    (Other than the one indelibly etched upon your mind, I mean. )

Of all the wedding guests/wedding party (not counting the bride, who looked wonderful too) I thought Pippa Middleton looked the nicest. Her 1930's style dress was so simple and elegant, and fitted her absolutely perfectly.

Yeah, I agree with those of you who wondered why there were so many camera shots of Elton John & hubby. I also noticed he appeared to be singing a completely different song than everyone else, despite having the words right in his hand. Maybe he was lip-synching a bit out of synch?

I saw some great photos of royal wedding street-parties held across Britain; they looked really fun. Did anyone here happen to attend one of them?

Cheers,
                    Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post

Um, I think I missed the giant blue vagina, Magpie. It sounds rather alarming. Do you happen to have a picture of it?
                      (Other than the one indelibly etched upon your mind, I mean. )

Archaic
                      Here's a picture, Archaic:

The effect seems to be somewhat muted in the daylight, but you still get the idea
                      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Thanks for the link, Magpie. Much appreciated.

I looked at the photo.

Calling upon my background in Psychology, I have diagnosed you:

You're a MAN.

Archaic

Comment

Don't get the big deal about the hats at the Royal Wedding.

It's far worse/outrageous at the Royal Ascot horse races every year.

Comment

Have any horses eaten a hat at Ascot?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                              Have any horses eaten a hat at Ascot?
                              No, Robert, because even a horse can tell that most of them are in bad taste.

Archaic

Comment

Good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X