Emergency Preparedness/Survival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mariab View Post
    Hey, no kidding! I LOVE playing “zombie apocalypse“ survival games. In fact, I usually ace all "Would you survive a zombie apocalypse?“ tests. (Which comes as a very handy skill in real life.)
    My friends and I have this "what goes in your zombie apocalypse kit" game. Things like shotguns and cricket bats are pretty common. One guy had his boss in his kit on the theory that he didn't have to be faster than the zombies, just faster than his boss. I got major points for including an extended dance version of Thriller, which would allow me an extra 8 or so minutes to get away while they danced.
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Make sure you have the correct episode of Thriller

huh?

Comment

Yeah, shotguns and baseball bats, that's how I've won in “zombie apocalypse“ games. I like your Thriller video idea. It's cute, and it reminds me of 13 going on 30 (which was a totally lame movie otherwise).
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

I just purchased a Leatherman Wave multi-tool from amazon.com. It is the one item that Les Stroud (Survivorman) always has with him. I figure if it is good enough for Les, it is good enough for me.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
            I just purchased a Leatherman Wave multi-tool from amazon.com. It is the one item that Les Stroud (Survivorman) always has with him. I figure if it is good enough for Les, it is good enough for me.

c.d.
            The most versatile tool I have ever had was a railroad spike. I met a guy who had one when I was sixteen, and ran out and got one myself. It's a knife, it's a hammer, it's a spike, it's a weapon, it's just so darn handy. I use it at least once a moth for something... including breaking into my car to retrieve my keys.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
              The most versatile tool I have ever had was a railroad spike. I met a guy who had one when I was sixteen, and ran out and got one myself. It's a knife, it's a hammer, it's a spike, it's a weapon, it's just so darn handy. I use it at least once a moth for something... including breaking into my car to retrieve my keys.
              I'm guessing that it is also a conversation starter too.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                I'm guessing that it is also a conversation starter too.

c.d.
                Yes and no. On the one hand, people want to know what it is, and why I have one. On the other hand, they seem to be afraid of what the answer might be.

Comment

I might have to get one of those. I can just see it now. Is that a railroad spike in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

c.d.

Comment

I keep Les Stroud in the trunk of my car. There might be something wrong with him though. He's starting to smell.

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                      I keep Les Stroud in the trunk of my car. There might be something wrong with him though. He's starting to smell.

Mike
                      Does anyone ever wonder why you have harmonica music coming out of the trunk of your car?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                        Oddly enough, I too used to keep a railroad spike in my tool box. It was the best hammer I had. I probably still have it someone packed away.
                        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

LOL..I am a preparedness/survival nut. Well no, I don't qualify for nut status, I am not building barricades in my front yard to repel the government incursion or anything, but I tend to want to have loads of dried food/water on hand, and I want to instal a hand pumped well in the backyard.

Certain persons think I am insane, but I was actually in my house when 80 percent of it blew away during Hurricane Andrew 20 years ago and I remember what it was like without having food, water, or a way to BATHE for weeks on end. When we moved back to Florida, even though we are more or less in the interior, I made us put expensive hurricane shutters on, because boarding up does not work in a Category 5.

Also we can lock up and repel invaders when the armageddon comes.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Working...
                          X