No announcement yet.

Cricket, lovely cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to the Monty who insisted that ICC rankings didn't matter a bit? Yeah, I remember...

Cheers,
    Adam.

Comment

• They don't in a game.

However after consistantly beating Australia (which isn't really that difficult anymore) and performing outstanding cricket these past 18 months its fully deserved.

Besides, I knew it would grate on you and your predictable nature earnt me a tenner.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Monty:

Doesn't bother me at all, in fact i'm enjoying it - the higher your bunch over over-rated reserves players go now, the further it is for them to fall and all the more painful for their supporters in 2013.

Who'd you bet the tenner with? You better give it back....I just learnt today that your beloved Leicester was once the home of a bloke named Scott Boswell. Remember him? Thanks to Youtube, i'll be smiling about that for days to come....

Incidentally, had my first hit in the nets for nearly a year yesterday. Pretty sore today. Pulled muscles in places I didn't think humans had muscles. But it was worthwhile, was hitting 'em pretty well.....after the first 10 minutes or so, that is...

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

• Oop, twenty quid now.

You haven't won a series against us since when? 2007? In fact, your boys have only won one in four series played since you and I started exchanging humourous (on my part anyway, yours is just the ramblings on a mad man) posts in 2005.

You are officially worse than India, and we have just blown them away.

What makes you think you have what it takes?

Yeah, Scott Boswell, from Australian stock which says a lot. Try checking out our T 20 results, one of the best teams in the WORLD.

What muscles you pull is no ones business you filthy boy.

Monty
          Monty

Comment

• I'm finding it difficult to come to terms with us being no. 1. Are we really that good or were India unbelievably poor? Certainly we had the home advantage and most pundits agree that India were under-prepared. But to annihilate them to that degree was astonishing. Especially when you think that we are talking about Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag and the rest.

A lot of the English commentators e.g. Hussain, Atherton, and Lloyd are saying that this is the best England team they have ever seen! Applying Benaud's Theorem that what the opposition would like least is the best, I would think that Harmison, Flintoff, and Jones would be a more formidable line-up than the current lot. But that assumes that they would all perform to the best of their ability most of the time - which they didn't.

The current England attack is remarkable in that they are relentlessly consistent - very good almost every time. Plus, we have five or six seamers to fill three places which renders us immune to the malaise India suffered when Zaheer Khan was injured. And, for once, there don't seem to be any weak links in the batting line-up - the lower order also know one end of the bat from the other and that is not a factor to be dismissed lightly.

Unbelievably, we are actually the best in the world. It still hasn't sunk in. I'd be surprised if that state of affairs lasted as long as it did for the great Aus. and Windies teams of the past, but let's celebrate!

Best wishes,
            An extremely drunken Steve. Woooooooooooooooooooo! You're all my best mates. Can you lend me a fiver? Givuss a kiss. Hic.

Comment

• Monty:

You haven't won a series against us since when? 2007? In fact, your boys have only won one in four series played since you and I started exchanging humourous (on my part anyway, yours is just the ramblings on a mad man) posts in 2005.

I'm a mad man? No wonder we get along so well, Monty.

Been keeping an eye on the results from Sri Lanka? Ricky made an unbeaten 90 last night....winding back the clock in preparation for 2013.

Yeah, Scott Boswell, from Australian stock which says a lot. Try checking out our T 20 results, one of the best teams in the WORLD.

Thought you said that form of cricket was for "kids" too?

Geraint Jones is from Australian stock too.....lucky we palmed them off to you guys....

What muscles you pull is no ones business you filthy boy.

I was talking about my arms and legs. Why, what parts of me were you imagining, Monty? Let us all know....

Steven:

Into the Electric Pink Vodka Cruisers again I see....half a one too much for you to handle?

Anyway, at least you accept that the fluke which is your current form can't last for long and soon you will slide back into the mires of shitness which enveloped your team for so many years gone by. If only your fellow countryman here with the IQ of a peanut could realise that as well.

Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

• Anyway, at least you accept that the fluke which is your current form can't last for long and soon you will slide back into the mires of shitness which enveloped your team for so many years gone by. If only your fellow countryman here with the IQ of a peanut could realise that as well.

Cheers,
                Adam
                For those of you not fluent in b*llocks, here is what Adam had to say.

"Anyway, at least you accept that the fluke which is your current form can't last for long and soon you will slide back into the mires of shitness which enveloped your team for so many years gone by."

Anyway, my team is soooo shite but I cant admit to it so I'll put up some immature false bravado, and revert to past histories (yet again zzzzzz) just so I have something to hold on to for the upcoming years. Something to hold off the depression.

Roughly, translated word for word.

You are relying on Pointing for 2013? Oh behave. His bath chair wont be allowed on the pitch.

Monty
                Monty

Comment

• Monty:

Anyway, my team is soooo shite but I cant admit to it so I'll put up some immature false bravado, and revert to past histories (yet again zzzzzz) just so I have something to hold on to for the upcoming years. Something to hold off the depression.

Be honest now, you're translating that for yourself as you couldn't understand the eloquence of my statement. Couldn't write a paragraph like that if you tried.

Told you already, the Scott Bowlswell video is keeping me entertained for now.

By the way, did I ever mention to you that I have a dog named Monty?

You are relying on Pointing for 2013? Oh behave. His bath chair wont be allowed on the pitch.

Judging by your previous post, i've no doubt you'd be willing to accomodate him and his bath chair in your private quarters.

By the way, I should warn you, there's an Eddowes piece on the way from myself soon.....if you hate me now, wait till that arrives. I'm fairly sure your head will actually explode. That's all for now

Cheers,
                  Adam.

Comment

• Oh dear,

That it? Another woeful attempt.

I don't hate you Adam, I pity you.

Monty
                    Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Went View Post

Steven:

Into the Electric Pink Vodka Cruisers again I see....half a one too much for you to handle?

Anyway, at least you accept that the fluke which is your current form can't last for long and soon you will slide back into the mires of shitness which enveloped your team for so many years gone by. If only your fellow countryman here with the IQ of a peanut could realise that as well.

Cheers,
                      Adam.
                      Hm. Not sure that was the precise meaning of my post. The big thing is that we're no.1 and you're not. So there. Plus, Adam, not that it's anything to boast about really but I could drink you and your dog under the table any day of the week.

Besht wishes - Holy Cow! - I've cracked it! "Mishter" Lusk because he was pissed!

Steve.

Comment

• Monty:

I understand, perhaps I need to simplify it into Monty speak for you:

Cor, blimey! Wot a load of utter twaddle this Blighty team are, ay?

Steven:

Hm. Not sure that was the precise meaning of my post. The big thing is that we're no.1 and you're not. So there. Plus, Adam, not that it's anything to boast about really but I could drink you and your dog under the table any day of the week.

We're still #1 in ODI's, I believe. Not that I follow the rankings much. Your mob won't be considered worthy of #1 until they dominate in all 3 forms of international cricket, Steven, surely even you will agree with that.

By the way, my dog is a labrador. Which means he's of Pommy origin, like myself. Wanna bet on being able to drink me/us under the table?

Cheers,
                        Adam.

Comment

• Sure but how can we do it half a world apart?

Comment

• Plus, your dog is Canadian, you fool. Ask him to tell you all aboot it. Mind you, if one of my favourite TV shows, "Trailer Park Boys" is anything to go by, Canadians can stick it away with the best of them so maybe I'd better look the **** oot.

Best wishes,
                            Steve.

Comment

• Steven:

Sure but how can we do it half a world apart?

I'm sure there'll come a time when i'll be in Blighty. Preferably in time for the 2013 Ashes. He who loses has to go to a day of a Test match dressed as Dame Edna. Deal?

Plus, your dog is Canadian, you fool. Ask him to tell you all aboot it

You sure about that?
                              Well if so, Canada is still part of the British Commonwealth, nimrod.

By the way, you never answered the question about Skype?

Cheers,
                              Adam.

Comment

• No, sorry, you're right, I didn't. Don't have skype unfortunately. And I rather like being called Nimrod, you great galah.

Best wishes,
                                Steve.

Comment

Working...
                                X