Leave a comment:

• Natalie Severn
    replied
    The Easter london trip

Is it an Easter Egg hunt really?

Leave a comment:

• Natalie Severn
    replied
    psst ........Its all gone very very quiet about our trip..................!

Leave a comment:

• Natalie Severn
    replied
    Stephen, do you know whether the boys will be wearing their Easter bonnets this year on the trip to Poplar?

Leave a comment:

• Stephen Thomas
    replied
    What a pity that I suffer from intermittent claudication

Leave a comment:

• Rob Clack
    replied
    Originally posted by WARSPITE View Post
    Ill be there. Can we go to Pennyfields?
    I've planned a route to come back that way. So yes

Leave a comment:

• WARSPITE
    replied
    Originally posted by Madam Red View Post
    Dang, this looks incrediable.
    I wouldn't be able to go, so let me take the chance on here to wish you all a Happy Easter and to have fun!
    And I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures.
    Ill be there. Can we go to Pennyfields?

Leave a comment:

• Madam Red
    replied
    Dang, this looks incrediable.
    I wouldn't be able to go, so let me take the chance on here to wish you all a Happy Easter and to have fun!
    And I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Final call.

Monty

Leave a comment:

• coral
    replied
    Thanks Rob - Got my hiking boots on already.

Coral

Leave a comment:

• Rob Clack
    replied
    You'd be more than welcome Coral. Just be prepared for a very long walk.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• coral
    replied
    Even nutters, wankers, and tossers!

I dont think I am one of the above but would like to come along just to get back into the swing of going to the East End. I have missed it.

Coral

Leave a comment:

• tnb
    replied
    Full steam ahead then! Sounds excellent. Don't worry, I wasn't under the impression we were all about to become millionaires.

Do we have a rough itinerary of places yet? Looking forward to getting off the well-beaten E1 track.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Firth
    replied
    My feelings are that most people will photograph a place using their own style; in other words not everyone will point their camera in exactly the same direction. I don't expect it to be much of a problem to be honest.

As for profits, well I'm afraid there usually aren't any with blurb.com! Say for example that you upload a book of 120 pages (so that's 60 sheets of paper) bound in softback format, then each one will cost £16.95. That covers the cost of printing the book (it's print on demand after all) and blurb's profit. The only way for an author / photographer to make money on it, is to set the price of the book higher than the standard £16.95. So, if you sell it for £17.95 you make a quid profit, but as it's mainly going to be the London Job attendees buying it, we're only fleecing ourselves aren't we?

I kept my book "Past Traces" at £16.95, as I wanted people to see the book and enjoy it. I didn't do it for profit. Just the enjoyment of putting a book of my own together. Same here with the London Job book.

I'm sure that even "published" authors such as Philip and John will confirm that there's little profit to be made, even when copies are being sold via bookshops or via Amazon etc.

All the best
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• m_w_r
    replied
    Andrew -

I second all the above.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X