No announcement yet.

Most original musical artists/bands of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gareth, since you obviously don't like being photographed with your glasses on, why didn't you put them on one of those statues?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Gareth, since you obviously don't like being photographed with your glasses on, why didn't you put them on one of those statues?
      I might as well have done, Robert; I don't use those glasses anymore, so I wouldn't have missed them.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        All you Wagner fans. Anyone read "Wagner as I knew him" by Ferdinand Praeger? Praeger was my greatx2 uncle.
        Small world, GUT! I've got it on my Kindle, and it's a fascinating read.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          Small world, GUT! I've got it on my Kindle, and it's a fascinating read.
          Wagner also spent time studying and working with Ferdinand's dad, Heinrich. (My grandma was a Praeger).
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned the Beatles or the stones! Is it that obvious they weren't very original?

A few more very originals:

James brown
            Billy holiday
            Bjork
            The runaways
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              Can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned the Beatles or the stones!
              I mentioned the Beatles, who were very innovative, IMHO. I wouldn't say as much of the Stones; great as they were, they don't strike me as having been anywhere near as creative as the Fab Four.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Ironically it was the blues purist Brian Jones who seemed to like trying new ideas.

Comment

So do I - in fact, I'm a bit of a Wagner fanboy. Here I am outside his Festspielhaus theatre in Bayreuth in 2013, for the first installment of the Ring cycle:

[ATTACH]18027[/ATTACH]

Back for another installment of the Ring in 2015, standing in the hallway of Wagner's villa Wahnfried:

[ATTACH]18026[/ATTACH]

I've seen the whole Bayreuth Ring since, seeing the final part last year. A wonderful experience!
                  Just saw this. LOL! SAm, were you approached by Peter Jackson to play Bilbo Baggins!? You've got that face!

(And I mean that in a good way)

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I mentioned the Beatles, who were very innovative, IMHO. I wouldn't say as much of the Stones; great as they were, they don't strike me as having been anywhere near as creative as the Fab Four.
                    I agree. But IMHO the Beatles and the stones are the greatest rock bands in history. Take your pick.

I've always been fascinated by the English v American bands. We having nothing really to compare to the Beatles, stones, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd in terms of supergroups.

On our side who even comes close? The doors, Aerosmith, Metallica, The Beach Boys, ????? Not even close.

It seems the brits have the market cornered on supergroups, where as America produces more of the Super Star as opposed to the super group.

ELvis, Hendrix, Dylan, Janis Joplin, madonna, Beyoncé, Michael Jackson, prince.

Who is England's greatest superstar? The only one who I can think of would be Elton John?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Lord of the Ring Cycle? Oh nay, nay, thrice nay.

Comment

Just saw this. LOL! SAm, were you approached by Peter Jackson to play Bilbo Baggins!?
                        No, although I did once put a pic of myself into an online facial recognition website. It came back with a 65% match for Sean Astin as Samwise Gamgee - true story.

Talking about movies, I bumped into Francis Ford Coppola at last year's Bayreuth Festival. I stood up so that he could get to his seat, and we exchanged some brief pleasantries. Sadly, I'd had my mobile stolen the previous day in Nuremberg, so couldn't take a selfie
                        Last edited by Sam Flynn; 04-30-2017, 09:27 AM.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

No, sadly, although I did once put a pic of myself into an online facial recognition website. It came back with a 65% match for Sean Astin as Samwise Gamgee - true story.

Talking about movies, I bumped into Francis Ford Coppola at last year's Bayreuth Festival. I stood up so that he could get to his seat, and we exchanged some brief pleasantries. Sadly, I'd had my mobile stolen the previous day in Nuremberg, so couldn't take a selfie
                          LOL! I was going to say Sam wise also, but not suRe if anyone knew that character well enough.

You look a little like Hugh Boneville, who was also rumeEd to play bilbo. Think he was a tad too tall.

Coppola directed my favorite movie. APocalypse now.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Coppola directed my favorite movie. APocalypse now.
                            That's another thing the Americans do well - they produce "superdirectors", Coppola being one of the true greats.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

That's another thing the Americans do well - they produce "superdirectors", Coppola being one of the true greats.
                              That's for sure.whats your take on the English super star? Anyone else other than Elton John? Is he englands biggest star?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                                Lord of the Ring Cycle? Oh nay, nay, thrice nay.
                                Lol! Good one.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X