Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Republican Lawmaker Asks Muslims: Do You Beat Your Wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republican Lawmaker Asks Muslims: Do You Beat Your Wife?

c.d.

I just love (not!) the implied assumption that it's mainly people from the "other" group who are degenerate in some way; the "no true Scotsman" fallacy is no less prevalent now than it was during the time of the Ripper murders.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      I just love (not!) the implied assumption that it's mainly people from the "other" group who are degenerate in some way; the "no true Scotsman" fallacy is no less prevalent now than it was during the time of the Ripper murders.
      Certainly there are many men from different ethnic populations who like to abuse their partners on a regular basis. And for shame for that!

Getting personal here.

As I believe many of you will know, I was born and brought up in the seaport city of Liverpool in the UK. A rather "hard knock" environment.

I had a girlfriend in Liverpool in the Sixties whom I met one night at a downtown city nightclub.

The girl told me she would love to go out with Welsh singer Tom Jones ("It's Not Unusual") because he looked liked the type who might "knock her about" a bit.

Think about that!

Cheers

Chris
      Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 03-05-2017, 11:44 AM.
      Christopher T. George
      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
        Certainly there are many men from different ethnic populations who like to abuse their partners on a regular basis. And for shame for that!

Getting personal here.

As I believe many of you will know, I was born and brought up in the seaport city of Liverpool in the UK. A rather "hard knock" environment.

I had a girlfriend in Liverpool in the Sixties whom I met one night at a downtown city nightclub.

The girl told me she would love to go out with Welsh singer Tom Jones ("It's Not Unusual") because he looked liked the type who might "knock her about" a bit.

Think about that!

Cheers

Chris
        Many women seem to like "a bit of rough" perhaps it's all they've had as an example of how life should be.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Come on Chris... Tom Jones doesn't look like the sort to "knock her about"...well... he is Welch...hmmmmm (Just kidding)

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
          X