EU Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
    Wouldn't the definition of unprincipled be disavowing your beliefs for the sake of your career, as you suggest Corbyn did; whereas Cameron put his career on the line for the vote?

You left-wing lot are ****in' insane. Which is supported by the fact you're still marching 'round London in a vain attempt to have the vote changed.
    I think your correct about Corbyn, and frankly his response to the result-"I did my best" was pathetic, because frankly mate, your best wasn't nearly good enough.

Corbyn has presented himself as a principled, conviction politician, and it's therefore his own fault that he allowed himself to be steamrolled into supporting, albeit in a lacklustre way, something he probably didn't believe in. Frankly he should have stuck to his guns and I'm afraid he's only got himself to blame for not doing so.

Comment

Wouldn't the definition of unprincipled be disavowing your beliefs for the sake of your career, as you suggest Corbyn did; whereas Cameron put his career on the line for the vote?

You left-wing lot are ****in' insane. Which is supported by the fact you're still marching 'round London in a vain attempt to have the vote changed.
      To Fleetwood Mac

I take your point about Corbyn however David Cameron has again and again proved himself to be full of ****. Also I can assure you I am not marching 'round London. I really don't see the point the vote has been cast.

Cheers John

Comment

• This just in......

Politicians lie and spout BS just to further their own agenda and line their own pockets, they do not give one hoot about the vast majority of the people they are supposed to serve...

Comment

• Have you ever considered going into politics yourself..?

Comment

Hi Caz,

You wouldn't be left-wing by any chance and so have a favoured horse?
            Blimey, you're on fire, FM.

Cameron ensured there was a referendum on the matter, and considering the vote was to Leave then that alone is evidence that the people wanted a referendum, so fair play to him.
            The 'people' would jump at a referendum on giving us all a million pounds each, or abolishing income tax, athlete's foot or dandruff, but if Cameron had promised one, would you have said 'fair play to him'?

What would you have preferred: Cameron playing politics to escape a referendum at the expense of the will of the public?
            It's not about what I personally prefer, though, is it? If Cameron knew the will of the majority was to leave the EU, then yes, he did the honourable thing by not trying to escape from his referendum promise. But did he know? I actually gave him the benefit of the doubt when I said he must have had an inkling if he considered that promise to be a vote catcher, and it duly got him back into number ten. Other posters believe the Brexit vote caught him completely by surprise, so it's far from cut and dried.

Love,

Caz
            X
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
              Cameron principled bullshit. The only reason he came up with the Referendum was as a vote winner.
              Hi John,

Agreed.

Cameron never expected people to vote leave.
              That doesn't quite make sense to me because if he thought the majority wanted to remain (and therefore didn't want or need a vote on it), then offering us a referendum would not have been the vote winner it turned out to be. He must have had enough self belief to think he could change the minds of all those he hoped would vote him back into power just so they could vote us out of the EU! Either that, or he didn't see far enough into the future when pressing our 'referendum' buttons in return for another go at being PM.

It's like a turkey giving everyone a vote for Christmas in March, so it can secure its place at the head of the table, then trying desperately to turn everyone veggie by November when it realises its mistake.

But yes, if he seriously thought he could get away with offering a referendum that he didn't actually want for himself or for the country, believing he would never have to deliver on it, it would suggest he was either stupid or unprincipled, or both.

Love,

Caz
              X
              Last edited by caz; 07-21-2016, 05:32 AM.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Nigel Farrage is joining Steve Hilton by outing himself as a Trump Supporter by showing his face in Cleveland this week. They are both in excellent company with the other mysogonistic, bible-bashing, gun-wielding yokels of the RNC convention. Oh, and I forgot to mention openly racist politicians like Geert Wilders... I guess only Vladimir Putin, Marine Le Pen and Boris Johnson are missing to complete the set. Seriousy, am I really the only one who is worried about the way these things are going..?

Slightly OT, but it seems that Trump has decided that he will only invoke NATO defence action when the country that has been attacked had "fulfilled its obligations towards the united states". Well, first of all, it seems that he will decide for himself what these so-called obligations are and if they had been fulfilled or not. But the point here is surely that a country needs to fulfil its obligations towards NATO, not a particular member of NATO. So it seems that this is just a continuation of his attempt to run a protection racket with South Korea and Japan. This guy has clearly no concept of what has maintained world peace over the last 70 years and THAT is seriously freaky.

OK, so that's the left-wing steam let of a little, back to my straight down-the-middle opinion again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                  Meanwhile, Nigel Farrage is joining Steve Hilton by outing himself as a Trump Supporter by showing his face in Cleveland this week. They are both in excellent company with the other mysogonistic, bible-bashing, gun-wielding yokels of the RNC convention. Oh, and I forgot to mention openly racist politicians like Geert Wilders... I guess only Vladimir Putin, Marine Le Pen and Boris Johnson are missing to complete the set. Seriousy, am I really the only one who is worried about the way these things are going..?
                  No you're not, Svensson, but then I'm insane apparently.

OK, so that's the left-wing steam let of a little, back to my straight down-the-middle opinion again soon.
                  And you are temporarily insane.

Love,

Caz
                  X

Comment

• It's like a turkey giving everyone a vote for Christmas in March, so it can secure its place at the head of the table, then trying desperately to turn everyone veggie by November when it realises its mistake

Don't forget to put the sprouts on, Caz.

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                      And you are temporarily insane.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      I am comfortable with that.

Comment

• I worry about Trump all the time. I awake in the night with palpitations, thanks to Trump. I haven't eaten for ten days, thanks to Trump.

Who is he?

Comment

• I think it's funny that you think these politicians even run the show. They're puppets.

Comment

• Best two things about the Republican Convention so far:

1) Ivanka Trump's plagiarizing the speech of the present First Lady from 2008 (when Mr. Obama was nominated for the first time). I love this because it shows how stupid she is (she was given a typed speech by her husband's speech writers, disliked it, and the new one was "created"), and she chose to steal from the wife of a man that Mr. Trump feels was illegally elected President because he wasn't born in Hawaii to U.S. citizens, but in Kenya to Muslim Kenyan citizens. Great choice for her to steal from there!! I know some flunky has "'fessed up" that she, not Ivanka, was guilty about this, and in an interview on Channel 7 news in N.Y.C. Trump told George Stephanapoulos that his wife's secretary "made a mistake" and "we all make mistakes" so he is not accepting her resignation. Believe me, if this gaffe was actually made by the flunky, Trump would have her head on a platter.

2) Senator Cruz's speech last night. In the midst of such odious pigs like Newt Gingrich and Chris Christy jumping up and down on the Trump bandwagon in the last month or two (especially Christy, who was Trump's rival for the nomination a few months before), Cruz (who was really targeted by Trump's lying, big mouth - and whose wife was targeted too), at first did not want to speak at the convention for Trump. The New York Times, in yesterday's paper, when it discussed this pointed out that Cruz by agreeing to speak for Trump was running true to type as an opportunist.

I have no real respect for Cruz in terms of his opinons, but he apparently has long supported the official, modern, Republican line of thought because he believes in it. Trump has watered down and reversed himself recently because he has tried to get more Republican backing from the right and center. In the real world he probably doesn't care for the issues that they pick up on. But he plays to win - he likes power (yeah, so do most politicians, but he likes the fancy outer covers of power - the private limos, jets, and names on buildings he stole from investors). Cruz did show up and speak - and when he appeared the auditorium of delegates broke into cheers thinking he was doing the same as Gingrich, Christy and company. He did go into an attack on eight years of Democratic initiatives and actions he felt were contrary to Republican demands. That was to be expected. What was not expected was he ended the speech WITHOUT ENDORSING DONALD TRUMP!!! The same delegate filled audience booed Cruz as he left the stage, for he failed to complete his expected surrender. One hopes he does not reneg on this action, as it showed more backbone in him than I expected. It also showed that Trump really alienated many Republicans in his "successful" demonstration of "the art of the steal". He could still win. But it is going to be difficult, and it may prove too hard for his Vice President (chosen for his ability to handle Congressmen because he was once in Congress) to really build enough support for Trump led initiatives.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                              Have you ever considered going into politics yourself..?
                              No because I do not tell fibs and could not rip people off just to suit my own agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                                Best two things about the Republican Convention so far:

1) Ivanka Trump's plagiarizing the speech of the present First Lady from 2008 (when Mr. Obama was nominated for the first time). I love this because it shows how stupid she is (she was given a typed speech by her husband's speech writers, disliked it, and the new one was "created"), and she chose to steal from the wife of a man that Mr. Trump feels was illegally elected President because he wasn't born in Hawaii to U.S. citizens, but in Kenya to Muslim Kenyan citizens. Great choice for her to steal from there!! I know some flunky has "'fessed up" that she, not Ivanka, was guilty about this, and in an interview on Channel 7 news in N.Y.C. Trump told George Stephanapoulos that his wife's secretary "made a mistake" and "we all make mistakes" so he is not accepting her resignation. Believe me, if this gaffe was actually made by the flunky, Trump would have her head on a platter.

2) Senator Cruz's speech last night. In the midst of such odious pigs like Newt Gingrich and Chris Christy jumping up and down on the Trump bandwagon in the last month or two (especially Christy, who was Trump's rival for the nomination a few months before), Cruz (who was really targeted by Trump's lying, big mouth - and whose wife was targeted too), at first did not want to speak at the convention for Trump. The New York Times, in yesterday's paper, when it discussed this pointed out that Cruz by agreeing to speak for Trump was running true to type as an opportunist.

I have no real respect for Cruz in terms of his opinons, but he apparently has long supported the official, modern, Republican line of thought because he believes in it. Trump has watered down and reversed himself recently because he has tried to get more Republican backing from the right and center. In the real world he probably doesn't care for the issues that they pick up on. But he plays to win - he likes power (yeah, so do most politicians, but he likes the fancy outer covers of power - the private limos, jets, and names on buildings he stole from investors). Cruz did show up and speak - and when he appeared the auditorium of delegates broke into cheers thinking he was doing the same as Gingrich, Christy and company. He did go into an attack on eight years of Democratic initiatives and actions he felt were contrary to Republican demands. That was to be expected. What was not expected was he ended the speech WITHOUT ENDORSING DONALD TRUMP!!! The same delegate filled audience booed Cruz as he left the stage, for he failed to complete his expected surrender. One hopes he does not reneg on this action, as it showed more backbone in him than I expected. It also showed that Trump really alienated many Republicans in his "successful" demonstration of "the art of the steal". He could still win. But it is going to be difficult, and it may prove too hard for his Vice President (chosen for his ability to handle Congressmen because he was once in Congress) to really build enough support for Trump led initiatives.

Jeff
                                I'm not too sure what Trump ready stands for, and he probably doesn't either. However, I suspect that, like Homer Simpson, he probably doesn't go in for too much profound thinking. However, unlike "The Don" Homer did make at least one profound statement:

"Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

Comment

Working...
                                X