Who killed Carl Bridgewater ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who killed Carl Bridgewater ?

A famous case from England. Thirteen year old Carl Bridgewater was shot dead at Yew tree Farm, near Stourbridge, England, as he concluded his paper round at about 4PM , Sep 19, 1978. The detectives assigned to the case believed that Carl had interrupted an antiques robbery in progress at the farm. Witnesses described a man in a dark uniform driving a pale blue Vauxhall Viva entering the drive leading to Yew tree farm in the hours preceding the murders; A man matching the description, a local ambulance driver called Bert Spencer became the chief suspect. Spencer's name would fade in significance however, as a gang of house breakers armed with a shotgun who had raided another farmhouse in the area were apprehended. The gang, later to be dubbed the Bridgewater four, were found guilty of Carl's murder but acquitted seventeen years later as doubts concerning the validity of the central confession led to an unsafe conviction ruling. Bert remained the only suspect, and the contents of a second police interview fueled speculation. Spencer admitted that he knew the owners of Yew tree farm and had been inside the house many times; He also owned a shotgun, and was familiar to the Bridgewater family. The murder of Carl Bridgewater remains unsolved.
    Last edited by Scorpio; 05-05-2022, 03:35 PM.
    SCORPIO

Originally posted by Scorpio View Post
    A famous case from England. Thirteen year old Carl Bridgewater was shot dead at Yew tree Farm, near Stourbridge, England, as he concluded his paper round at about 4PM , Sep 19, 1978. The detectives assigned to the case believed that Carl had interrupted an antiques robbery in progress at the farm. Witnesses described a man in a dark uniform driving a pale blue Vauxhall Viva entering the drive leading to Yew tree farm in the hours preceding the murders; A man matching the description, a local ambulance driver called Bert Spencer became the chief suspect. Spencer's name would fade in significance however, as a gang of house breakers armed with a shotgun who had raided another farmhouse in the area were apprehended. The gang, later to be dubbed the Bridgewater four, were found guilty of Carl's murder but acquitted seventeen years later as doubts concerning the validity of the central confession led to an unsafe conviction ruling. Bert remained the only suspect, and the contents of a second police interview fueled speculation. Spencer admitted that he knew the owners of Yew tree farm and had been inside the house many times; He also owned a shotgun, and was familiar to the Bridgewater family. The murder of Carl Bridgewater remains unsolved.
    Spencer and or the the bridgewater four, probably spencer, but really who cares? theyre all violent criminals and or killers and the only real mystery is why they are all not still rotting in jail.
    Last edited by Abby Normal; 05-05-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Spencer and or the the bridgewater four, probably spencer, but really who cares? theyre all violent criminals and or killers and the only real mystery is why they are all not still rotting in jail.
      You and I don't normally agree, Abby, but I've got a bit of a one-strike rule where this sort of stuff is concerned. Assuming the evidence of their criminality is cut and dried, lock the bastards up and throw away the key. Rehabilitation is an insult to the innocents they rob and murder. Spend the rehab money on people who deserve being called people. I'm a philosophical hard determinist, but I make an exception for that scum.

Ike
      Last edited by Iconoclast; 05-05-2022, 05:25 PM.
      Iconoclast
      Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

I only mentioned the Bridgewater four as a little background to the case. For the sake of Carl Bridgewater's family i would like this to be solved. Their is apparently some good evidence held by the police; perhaps it is still solvable.
        SCORPIO

Comment

Paul Foot wrote an excellent book about the Carl Bridgewater murder.

It's highly recommended.

Comment

Evidently, its a good book but a partisan one.
            SCORPIO

Comment

Working...
            X