Move To Murder (2nd Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move To Murder (2nd Edition)

The Wallace case is like waiting for a bus: three books come along in one year! My new book is the second edition of Move To Murder and a thoroughly expanded tome (an additional 20K words) - available as e-book this year and paperback early in 2022.

What's new?
    • An additional theory (six in total: 3 for innocence, and 3 for guilt. It's balanced)
    • Analysis by modern forensic scientists
    • A fully expanded evidence file (including an analysis of Wallace's accounts and an updated exhibit on Lily Hall - plus much more)
    • Amended reconstruction and scenarios (to fit with new forensic views)
    • New analyses, some responding to points made in Mark Russell's Checkmate (2021)
    • A new cover (OK, a trivial point, but it is good IMO).
    I would like to thank Herlock Sholmes of JTR Forums for helping me reconstruct the Wallace scenario. The first edition was based on the one advanced by James Murphy and the Prosecution; I was always uneasy about it because it seemed to me to be so flawed (i.e. Wallace going upstairs to wash). The scenario and arguments for Wallace's guilt are stronger in the second edition. However, I have also amended and strengthened the case for Wallace's innocence. Indeed, I would say the book advances the strongest-ever arguments for Wallace's innocence. This is not arrogance - the last book to argue for Wallace's innocence was Roger Wilkes in 1984 before the police file entered the public domain. Of course, this does not mean it is stronger than the case for guilt - this is for you to decide. As a member of the Cold Case Jury you are invited to say whether Wallace was innocent or guilty and then choose your preferred theory.

I have referenced Russell (indeed there is a brief overview of his book in Part Three - Other Verdicts). While the connoisseur of the case will savour the rich detail (I particularly liked the police court and the appeal court narrative), I was not that impressed with his analysis and arguments. IMO, it was largely a re-hash of Murphy and it inherits many of the same mistakes, the biggest being the assumption that the caller must also be the killer. This might have been “generally accepted” during the last century but the result is that modern theories are glossed over or ignored. Also, other theories/ideas when they are briefly mentioned, are dismissed as “half-baked”, “idiotic”, “nonsensical” and “insane”, to provide a small sample.

So there we go. The other titles in the Cold Case Jury are being re-released in the following weeks, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MoveToMurder2ndCoverS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	767923
    Author of Cold Case Jury books: Move To Murder (2nd Edition) (2021), The Shark Arm Mystery (2020), Poisoned at the Priory (2020), Move to Murder (2018), Death of an Actress (2018), The Green Bicycle Mystery (2017) - "Armchair detectives will be delighted" - Publishers Weekly. Author of Crime & Mystery Hour - short fictional crime stories. And for something completely different - I'm the co-founder of Wow-Vinyl - celebrating the Golden Years of the British Single (1977-85)

Do we have a date yet Antony?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      Do we have a date yet Antony?
      Hi Herlock, the Kindle version is available from Amazon now.

Of course, I am not expecting any Damascene conversations from anyone but hopefully it will engage and provide some food for thought! The Wallace scenario/theory is stronger (as you know) but I have posed questions over the mackintosh and blood spatter in the parlour, as well as dissecting the entire plan. I'd be interested in hearing your views on some of the new exhibits and arguments. For example, I believe I have advanced a good case for believing Lily Hall could have been mistaken by examining the timings of the encounters in Richmond Park etc and not by discrediting the witness.
      Author of Cold Case Jury books: Move To Murder (2nd Edition) (2021), The Shark Arm Mystery (2020), Poisoned at the Priory (2020), Move to Murder (2018), Death of an Actress (2018), The Green Bicycle Mystery (2017) - "Armchair detectives will be delighted" - Publishers Weekly. Author of Crime & Mystery Hour - short fictional crime stories. And for something completely different - I'm the co-founder of Wow-Vinyl - celebrating the Golden Years of the British Single (1977-85)

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this, Antony, but will wait patiently for the 2022 paperback. If it's out by February, I'll ask my own Mr Brown for it as a birthday present.

Love,

Caz
        X
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
          I'm really looking forward to this, Antony, but will wait patiently for the 2022 paperback. If it's out by February, I'll ask my own Mr Brown for it as a birthday present.

Love,

Caz
          X
          Nice to hear from you. Yes, it will be out in paperback by then. I'm hoping the publisher can pull out the stops and get it out before...

Comment

Working...
          X