Oak Island series, Robert Donston Stephenson relative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak Island series, Robert Donston Stephenson relative

Anybody here watch The Curse of Oak Island?

I just watched the latest episode. S08E22. A relative of Robert Donston Stephenson popped up in it.

Nothing Ripper related. At least in this episode anyway!

edit.
    I just noticed this was mentioned on Howard's forum yesterday.
    Below is a link to the forum page, which has a Youtube link on it.

https://www.jtrforums.com/forum/pers...and#post577374
    Last edited by Ozzy; 04-15-2021, 11:10 AM.
    These are not clues, Fred.
    It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
    They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
    And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
    We will not.

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
    Anybody here watch The Curse of Oak Island?

I just watched the latest episode. S08E22. A relative of Robert Donston Stephenson popped up in it.

Nothing Ripper related. At least in this episode anyway!

edit.
    I just noticed this was mentioned on Howard's forum yesterday.
    Below is a link to the forum page, which has a Youtube link on it.

https://www.jtrforums.com/forum/pers...and#post577374
    im gonna go out on a limb and say they arent going to find any buried treasure
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

im gonna go out on a limb and say they arent going to find any buried treasure
      Indeed. It's a mystery I was well into back in my youth, Templars, Charles Berlitz and all that. Fascinating story though.

The only gold in them thar pits is the gold found in crappy TV serialisations that Ozzy watches.

Sorry Ozzy....
      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Indeed. It's a mystery I was well into back in my youth, Templars, Charles Berlitz and all that. Fascinating story though.

The only gold in them thar pits is the gold found in crappy TV serialisations that Ozzy watches.

Sorry Ozzy....
        yeah and besides according to the legend, one more person has to die before the treasure will be found, but i think the shows lawyers might have an issue with that.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

yeah and besides according to the legend, one more person has to die before the treasure will be found, but i think the shows lawyers might have an issue with that.
          That's reality TV gold! Track down Stephenson's neatest living relative and shoot him live on TV. If, it as many would admit, it's a bit much, just hang on a few years until the distopian future becomes reality, and we'll all be clamouring for it.

Think up a three word chant for it, we've got a solid proposition.
          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

That's reality TV gold! Track down Stephenson's neatest living relative and shoot him live on TV. If, it as many would admit, it's a bit much, just hang on a few years until the distopian future becomes reality, and we'll all be clamouring for it.

Think up a three word chant for it, we've got a solid proposition.
            one more death! one more death!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

How have they got some many seasons out of this? Surely if it was there they would have found the treasure by now?
              Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
                How have they got some many seasons out of this? Surely if it was there they would have found the treasure by now?
                Hope springs eternal *

*usually followed by disapointment

and they drop an old nail or some other trinket here or there to be "discovered" to keep it going. its BS as so many "reality" shows are. its just another form of fake news.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Gosh, is that prog still running?
                  Has anyone ever found any treasure yet?
                  I guess not if it is still going, heh.

Comment

You could likely fit the story of everything they've found into one hour-long episode, most of the time is spent on investigating ridiculous theories from crackpots around the world.
                    I get sick & tired of these pseudo-reality shows, though I do accept this is a genuine search, it is overloaded with bull$hit.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                      You could likely fit the story of everything they've found into one hour-long episode, most of the time is spent on investigating ridiculous theories from crackpots around the world.
                      I get sick & tired of these pseudo-reality shows, though I do accept this is a genuine search, it is overloaded with bull$hit.
                      As a matter of fact, they have found enough artifacts and discovered enough human-made structures to want to keep on digging. I have followed the show for a long while and enjoy it, and don't think they are fakers at all.

Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

Sorry Ozzy....
                        I watched series 1 and 2. Then got bored of it. During lockdown I started watching series 8. I have no idea what happened in the other five series.
                        These are not clues, Fred.
                        It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                        They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                        And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                        We will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

As a matter of fact, they have found enough artifacts and discovered enough human-made structures to want to keep on digging. I have followed the show for a long while and enjoy it, and don't think they are fakers at all.

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article...o-leave-island
                          Like I said, I know it's a genuine search, my wife has followed it from the first episode. It isn't that they don't find anything, it's all the fake drama they add to the show to create excitement. "Another top pocket find".....and the narrator injecting the proverbial "could it be?"..."could it be?"...."could it be?"....and talk of Templars, and treasures from the Temple of Solomon, and how many deaths have to happen before the treasure will be found, there's no need for all this nonsense.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Very true, Jon, about the narrator. He drives me a bit nuts, too. Alas, most History Channel and Discovery programs use over the top narration.

I also agree that the various outsiders they tolerate with theories about ley lines and astronomy or Shakespeare's missing manuscripts (by Francis Bacon) are just too much. They are very polite with some of these folks!

But the genuine search technology and discoveries are very interesting.
                            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                            ---------------
                            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                            ---------------

Comment

Is this the Oak Island thread in general or just to comment on the TV show? Serious question here.

Comment

Working...
                              X