Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zodiac

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    The "McDuff" suspect seems to be someone that Mike Morford has suggested (I assume Ross Sullivan is no longer his #1 suspect). McDuff is also called Mason and MacGruber on the reddit Zodiac board. I have no idea which of these, if any, is his real name!
    The main reasons for McDuff being a suspect appear to be that he lived over the road from one of the phones that the Zodiac used, and that someone two doors down from him received a letter purporting to be from the Zodiac.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      I caught the last 2 episodes of the series The Most Dangerous Animal Of All. Looks like another perfect example of someone (Gary Stewart) becoming so obsessed by a theory that he was willing to falsify evidence to prop it up.
      Oof...that final episode.

      For those who havent seen it, the first 3 episodes allow Stewart to lay out all his various theories on why his dad was Zodiac, and then for the final episode, the creators of the series systematically dismantle all of his theories, one by one, sometimes right to his face. It makes for very uncomfortable viewing.

      Main takeaway? Earl Van Best, Jr. was not Zoadiac. But I already felt that way after reading Stewart's book.

      Comment


      • #93
        My POI is Donald Lee "Boo" Bujok.

        What do those familiar with the case think of his viability?
        Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
        JayHartley.com

        Comment


        • #94
          Zodiac Killer identified as Gary Francis Poste, task force claims



          https://www.news.com.au/national/cri...a6833be548b4e0

          Comment


          • #95
            ‘Hot Garbage’: Zodiac Expert Calls ‘Bullshit’ on Possible ID of Infamous Serial Killer


            https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...heory-1238068/
            Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
            JayHartley.com

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by erobitha View Post
              ‘Hot Garbage’: Zodiac Expert Calls ‘Bullshit’ on Possible ID of Infamous Serial Killer


              https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...heory-1238068/
              LOL... well I don't know if the Zodiac case has been solved or not but I do know that article was the biggest pile of hot garbage I've ever read. His "rebuttals" were laughable and ...non-existant. If you're going to pour cold water on a theory you need to do it with evidence and actual ...facts, not just say 'They don't know anything, they don't know what they're talking about".

              I can't believe that actually was a Rolling Stone article and not something from BuzzFeed. Jesus.

              Let all Oz be agreed;
              I'm Wicked through and through.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Ally View Post

                LOL... well I don't know if the Zodiac case has been solved or not but I do know that article was the biggest pile of hot garbage I've ever read. His "rebuttals" were laughable and ...non-existant. If you're going to pour cold water on a theory you need to do it with evidence and actual ...facts, not just say 'They don't know anything, they don't know what they're talking about".

                I can't believe that actually was a Rolling Stone article and not something from BuzzFeed. Jesus.
                Voight does make the important point that leapt out to me from the article re new suspect.

                The "scar" on the photofit picture is not a scar, it is simply a line on a drawing.

                My recollection is that none of the witnesses who interacted with Zodiac ever described him as having a scar.

                Comment


                • #98
                  The FBI rebuts claim that the case is solved.

                  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...Zqn?li=BBnb7Kz

                  c.d.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Just to inform posters that one of the people who operate a Zodiac forum has posted that LE were recently in touch with him. LE told him DNA has been obtained from one of the stamps or envelopes Zodiac sent. The bad news is that its not Zodiacs DNA. However, according to the information given to the forum it is being considered more likely a lead rather than, say, a contaminated piece of DNA.

                    Comment


                    • Interesting information re the DNA. I'll have to check this out. Hope they get an identification soon.
                      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                        Interesting information re the DNA. I'll have to check this out. Hope they get an identification soon.
                        Hi PC
                        yes me too. but im not holding my breath. Ive always thought the DNA stuff re Zodiac case wont be what IDs him. Its too sketchy-Im not even sure if they really have his DNA. or at least a good enough sample to be able to use.
                        "Is all that we see or seem
                        but a dream within a dream?"

                        -Edgar Allan Poe


                        "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                        -Frederick G. Abberline

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

                          Hi PC
                          yes me too. but im not holding my breath. Ive always thought the DNA stuff re Zodiac case wont be what IDs him. Its too sketchy-Im not even sure if they really have his DNA. or at least a good enough sample to be able to use.
                          As far as we know LE dont yet have Zodiacs DNA. Unless Zodiac leaves behind a box of goodies directly connecting him to the murders the case will only be solved by DNA imo. Its unlikely the case will be 'solved' to any strict legal standard. However, any DNA find which can be traced to a male who in 1969 was known to be overweight, aged between 20-40, competent with guns and lived in Vallejo or surrounding area and we'll almost certainly have the perp.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jason_c View Post

                            As far as we know LE dont yet have Zodiacs DNA. Unless Zodiac leaves behind a box of goodies directly connecting him to the murders the case will only be solved by DNA imo. Its unlikely the case will be 'solved' to any strict legal standard. However, any DNA find which can be traced to a male who in 1969 was known to be overweight, aged between 20-40, competent with guns and lived in Vallejo or surrounding area and we'll almost certainly have the perp.
                            thanks jason
                            I pretty much agree. I do have to give full disclosure and maybe its a bit a pre bias, but ive always felt that Arthur Leigh Allen was probably the zodiac, but apparently the zodiac DNA that they (might) have dosnt match him-nor the prints or handwriting apparently. however the zodiac was a master of disguise and cover up, so I dont think he would have left that many clues, if any, in that regard, including dna.

                            I think the best clue the zodiac left was the bloody palm print on stines cab, but I think again its not that great of a sample to be able to make a definitive match.

                            I do hold out hope that maybe they do have a good enough dna sample to do a match, or at least use a technique similar to how they caught the GSK. fingers crossed.
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

                            -Edgar Allan Poe


                            "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                            -Frederick G. Abberline

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X