X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by WallaceWackedHer View Post

Either that or he checked the grid and it wasn't there (hence allegedly saying he "must have made a mistake"). It would actually be 2 or 3 grids to check, two doctors on Priory Road and another close enough to be worthwhile.

I think all would be checked.

Although it depends on when Moore was apparently told as well. I don't think it was meant to be after the trial. If it was after the conviction and/or appeal they legitimately might not want to know about it.

But I think it was meant to be before the trial.

Parkes doesn't seem to have bothered to write in to Munro. If the cops ignored him he should have done that.
    Then if the drains were checked (and as you say, they might well have been) and the weapon wasn’t found then Parkes story is untrue. So, as you said in an earlier post that you thought they would have been checked, doesn’t this add to the sheer unlikeliness of the story?

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Are you suggesting that Parkes didn’t tell Moore the whereabouts of the weapon?
    Either that or he checked the grid and it wasn't there (hence allegedly saying he "must have made a mistake"). It would actually be 2 or 3 grids to check, two doctors on Priory Road and another close enough to be worthwhile.

I think all would be checked.

Although it depends on when Moore was apparently told as well. I don't think it was meant to be after the trial. If it was after the conviction and/or appeal they legitimately might not want to know about it.

But I think it was meant to be before the trial.

Parkes doesn't seem to have bothered to write in to Munro. If the cops ignored him he should have done that.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied

I shouldn't imagine it would be ignored if he'd given a weapon location and such.
    Are you suggesting that Parkes didn’t tell Moore the whereabouts of the weapon?

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied

I still can’t see Moore ignoring it when someone virtually handed the killer to him on a plate. What if they’d gone to the press? What if they’d recovered the weapon?
    I shouldn't imagine it would be ignored if he'd given a weapon location and such.

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied

I knew that the City Analyst mentioned the hole but who mention the breaking through?

Why would anyone have noticed these marks? Julia was known as untidy even not very clean. She wore homemade clothes.

If it’s possible to burn a hole in a skirt and leave no mark on the underskirt directly below then I’ll certainly concede the point. Perhaps it is? Seems strange to me though.

Ive asked two women btw and they are inclined to think that the underskirt would have been marked for whatever that’s worth.
    The entire quote is the city analyst. There's a lot of disagreement about where on the skirt the burns were. "Directly opposite her private parts" it is said, and the bottom of the placquet. But there's disagreement among people as to where this SHOULD be worn leading to the idea the skirt was twisted round.

The city analyst said it's the BACK or left/right? And I know one of the detectives said he thinks it would be worn with the placquet on the right.

There doesn't seem to be any actual reasoning behind these conclusions apart from guesswork. I don't know why it has to be twisted at all.

It would surely be easier to contend with if she didn't go into the fire. It seems by appearances that she did though, and seems that the person pulled her out of the fire by her hair and cardigan and dumped her on the floor at the first blood pool, then wacked her which sprayed all the blood up the walls in the corner there.

I'm not sure if the woman would want to walk about in a burned skirt. She's good at needlework, it would be trivial to fix.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied

Yes she spoke on Radio City.

If you think the guy's just murdered someone then he's dangerous obv.

I think I would "have nothing to do with it", I'm not getting involved in something like that I don't even know the woman, best just stay out of it and hope he stops coming to the garage. I might write an anonymous tip; I know Munro and the cops both received a number of those.

I think if I became paranoid he was gonna come and try to silence me or something I might tell the cops then.
    I still can’t see Moore ignoring it when someone virtually handed the killer to him on a plate. What if they’d gone to the press? What if they’d recovered the weapon?

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied

The City Analyst, no other quotes say it had burned a hole that's the only one that sounds like it.

I don't actually know what qualifications a "City Analyst" has.

Nobody confirmed as having seen her that day mentioned her skirt having any burn marks.
    I knew that the City Analyst mentioned the hole but who mention the breaking through?

Why would anyone have noticed these marks? Julia was known as untidy even not very clean. She wore homemade clothes.

If it’s possible to burn a hole in a skirt and leave no mark on the underskirt directly below then I’ll certainly concede the point. Perhaps it is? Seems strange to me though.

Ive asked two women btw and they are inclined to think that the underskirt would have been marked for whatever that’s worth.
    Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 08-31-2020, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied

I assume that’s according to her?

Ive never liked the suggestion that they held off telling the police until Wallace was charged. Parry was dodgy but he was no hard man so why would they be scared of him? Why would they sit on such important info about a man that they caught looking through cupboards where they kept cash?
    Yes she spoke on Radio City.

If you think the guy's just murdered someone then he's dangerous obv.

I think I would "have nothing to do with it", I'm not getting involved in something like that I don't even know the woman, best just stay out of it and hope he stops coming to the garage. I might write an anonymous tip; I know Munro and the cops both received a number of those.

I think if I became paranoid he was gonna come and try to silence me or something I might tell the cops then.

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied

I don’t quite understand this. Saying that it would have broken through when it had broken through. There was a hole? Whoever the quote is from WWH I wonder why he doesn’t comment on the underskirt? No corresponding mark must surely leave the possibility at leat that the singeing took place earlier?
    The City Analyst, no other quotes say it had burned a hole that's the only one that sounds like it.

I don't actually know what qualifications a "City Analyst" has.

Nobody confirmed as having seen her that day mentioned her skirt having any burn marks.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    The car wash was mentioned to Dolly Atkinson the morning of the 21st.
    I assume that’s according to her?

Ive never liked the suggestion that they held off telling the police until Wallace was charged. Parry was dodgy but he was no hard man so why would they be scared of him? Why would they sit on such important info about a man that they caught looking through cupboards where they kept cash?

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    The case with the skirt seems to be this:
    I don’t quite understand this. Saying that it would have broken through when it had broken through. There was a hole? Whoever the quote is from WWH I wonder why he doesn’t comment on the underskirt? No corresponding mark must surely leave the possibility at leat that the singeing took place earlier?

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied
    The car wash was mentioned to Dolly Atkinson the morning of the 21st.

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied
    The case with the skirt seems to be this:

Yes the skirt is burned right through and I do not think the skirt has been worn in this condition; I mean this is very friable, it is so easily broken, and if it had been done some days before it would have been broken right through. I think it was done the night of the murder.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    It’s just a matter of alternatives. Most likely Parkes just made it all up and then made some vague mention of it to the Atkinson’s later on. No mention of him talking to Moore in the files of course and this was after the police had already looked at Parry.

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied
    Originally posted by etenguy View Post

A fourth option - just as possible.
    Would you purposefully implicate yourself in a murder for fun? It doesn't sound like it'd be enjoyable having your house swarmed by cops and being investigated. It's also pretty sick to joke about having killed someone you're apparently friends with on the night of their death.

I thought Gordon considered Parkes to be a friend, hence stopping by for late night chats. There are various people he considered to be friends who seemingly didn't really like him. Poor Gordon...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X