Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsolved counterfeit money case

Hi folks

It’s been a while since I last posted on here (don’t really have the time to keep up with all the updates and theories these days), but I wonder if this query sounds familiar to anyone here. I know this is foremost a JTR and other unsolved murder mysteries site, so please forgive the change in line of enquiry, but I’m trying to remember (as I’m getting on a bit) the case relating to an unsolved counterfeit money case that was once the basis for a TV drama, possibly produced by the BBC within the last 10 years.

From what I remember, the individual was simply known as the Illusionist, or possibly some other pseudonym suggestive of cunning, and was responsible for the production of counterfeit UK currency. In terms of quality he was way ahead of the counterfeit crime scene at the time and his work was virtually unidentifiable as fake even by the experts at Scotland Yard.

The case was never solved as the counterfeiter, who remained anonymous to his clients and even his fence, disappeared during an undercover police operation to catch him. While he was never court, fake currency of a similar high standard started to appear in the US.

I know it’s not much to go on, but any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks for listening
    s.
    Last edited by scala; 09-21-2010, 06:53 PM. Reason: missing is.
Working...
X