Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move to Murder: Who Killed Julia Wallace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The article is the whining bleat of a guilty man.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• You do realise Wallace could have got 10x or 100x his fee if he had told the world he was really the evil genius who had in fact murdered his wife in the way suggested. The opprobrium he would have suffered could be scarcely worse than what he was already suffering. He could have lived out his remaining days in Monte Carlo...

There was no double-jeopardy in 1931, and other suspects/killers took advantage of that fact to sell their stories.

Comment

• He wanted people to believe him innocent.

Why did Wallace only become convinced of Parry’s guilt after he was freed? What did he know after that he didn’t know before?
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• No Rod,I am still corect.The opening words of Oliver at the appeal hearing."The evidence as a whole was as consistant with innocence as guilt".Two things can be deduced from that.Firstly that there was evidence against Wallace that was consistant with guilt,the second is that, that evidence was no greater than the evidence consistant with innocence.So Oliver,the defence counsel,is not submitting a claim there was no evidence against Wallace,but that the evidence of guilt and innocence was equal.Very much what most commentators believe.

It is not known what Wallace would have done if the Jhonstons hadn't appeared at that time,but common practice sujjests to me he would have gone to their premises to obtain a key.Whether he actually had problems with opening tthe back door is never going to be answered with any degree of certainty.

As to robbery,in addition to the handbag being untouched,so it appears was the gas meter,a ready source of cash to any housebreaker of that time.

Comment

• As I have shown, the Judge told the Jury that evidence consistent with innocence takes them no nearer to a conclusion of guilt, and was "no use" to them.

You don't seem to know what you're talking about.

I do, as I have demonstrated repeatedly, chapter and verse.

I'll take the Official Record and the Law over the random musings of yourself, thanks.
            Last edited by RodCrosby; 12-02-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• So it's down to personnel abuse.I thought it would be by the remarks others have made against you.You will not convince anyone Rod when you sink to that level.Wallace was convicted by a jury on evidence.Get used to it.The police declared there were no other suspects.They believed Wallace was guilty.
              His own defence lawyer declared there was evidence of guilt.Get lost,I'll not waste any more time on your rants.

Comment

• Wrong on every level.

Take a tip. Never tangle with someone who knows what they're talking about, and can back it.

You'll just implode, very publicly...

Comment

• Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
                  Wrong on every level.

Take a tip. Never tangle with someone who knows what they're talking about, and can back it.

You'll just implode, very publicly...
                  A third person insulted by you in a matter of a couple of days. Why is that?

Oh yes....they disagreed with you.

Welcome to Rodworld everyone, there’ll be more to come.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Ok so let’s pose another question on the Accomplice theory.

For those who aren’t familiar with it yet the suggestion is that after Wallace left the house on the Tuesday night the accomplice shows up claiming to be Mr Qualtrough and that he’d come to see Wallace. The idea is that there had been some kind of mix up with the phone message. Because Wallace had given the police a list of people that he believed that Julia would have admitted to the house because she knew them (including Parry, Caird etc) we now have a reason that Julia would have admitted her killer - because she knew of Qualtrough and the nature of her husband’s visit that night.

Parry is claimed to be a clever planner. I don’t see this and I’m not alone in that. Plans aren’t based on large swathes of luck. Planners try to keep to a minimum things that could go wrong. For example, at the very start of the plan -

1. What if Beattie had forgotten to pass on the message?
                    2. What if Beattie or someone else had known that Menlove Gardens East didn’t exist?
                    3. What if, during the day on Tuesday, Wallace had consulted a directory and discovered that MGE did not exist?
                    4. What if Wallace had decided to check with his superintendent Mr Crewe who lived near Menlove Gardens?
                    5. What if Wallace had prior plans for the Tuesday night?
                    6. What if he just didn’t want to go tramping around the streets after a days work.
                    7. What if Julia had expected a visitor?
                    8. What if Julia was simply unwilling to admit Qualtrough?

Of course, all these issues simply disappear if the phone call had been made by Wallace. But to the above list we can add one more -

How could Parry have been anything approaching confident that Wallace would have mentioned Qualtrough and MGE to Julia (thus providing a reason for Julia to admit Qualtrough as she was known to have been unwilling to admit strangers when William wasn’t there.) Julia took no interest in William’s business dealings. There was every chance, therefore, that William might simply have said ‘I have to go out on business this evening dear.’ The point is that Parry would have been relying on a huge slice of good fortune for the plan to survive.

We might even add that, just because Julia might have heard the name Qualtrough from William, it still didn’t mean that she ‘knew’ him. All the people that were on William’s list of ‘people that Julia would have admitted’ where people that she’d actually met in the flesh unlike Qualtrough. She might still have been unwilling to let him in.

Parry was apparently desperate for cash. He wanted/needed the cash. Would he have taken the “If it works it works,” approach? And againof course - any of these issues go away if Wallace was the planner.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• I've answered enough times already. Yawn...

Not all crimes succeed. Some fail silently at the first hurdle. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

So what if Wallace hadn't got the message, etc?

We just wouldn't be sitting here laughing at your tedious logical howlers, that's all...
                      Last edited by RodCrosby; 12-03-2018, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                        A third person insulted by you in a matter of a couple of days. Why is that?

Oh yes....they disagreed with you.

Welcome to Rodworld everyone, there’ll be more to come.
                        I'm happy to disagree with anyone, who has a proper argument to make.

But if you come on here, airing your prejudices and fancies, and worst of all, then try to support them with disinformation, false logic and misrepresentation of the facts.

Well...

YOU
                        WON'T
                        GET
                        PAST
                        ME

Simple, really...
                        Last edited by RodCrosby; 12-03-2018, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Ok so let’s pose another question on the Accomplice theory.

For those who aren’t familiar with it yet the suggestion is that after Wallace left the house on the Tuesday night the accomplice shows up claiming to be Mr Qualtrough and that he’d come to see Wallace. The idea is that there had been some kind of mix up with the phone message. Because Wallace had given the police a list of people that he believed that Julia would have admitted to the house because she knew them (including Parry, Caird etc) we now have a reason that Julia would have admitted her killer - because she knew of Qualtrough and the nature of her husband’s visit that night.

Parry is claimed to be a clever planner. I don’t see this and I’m not alone in that. Plans aren’t based on large swathes of luck. Planners try to keep to a minimum things that could go wrong. For example, at the very start of the plan -

2. What if Beattie or someone else had known that Menlove Gardens East didn’t exist?
                          3. What if, during the day on Tuesday, Wallace had consulted a directory and discovered that MGE did not exist?
                          4. What if Wallace had decided to check with his superintendent Mr Crewe who lived near Menlove Gardens?
                          6. What if he just didn’t want to go tramping around the streets after a days work.

Of course, all these issues simply disappear if the phone call had been made by Wallace. But to the above list we can add one more -

How could Parry have been anything approaching confident that Wallace would have mentioned Qualtrough and MGE to Julia (thus providing a reason for Julia to admit Qualtrough as she was known to have been unwilling to admit strangers when William wasn’t there.) Julia took no interest in William’s business dealings. There was every chance, therefore, that William might simply have said ‘I have to go out on business this evening dear.’ The point is that Parry would have been relying on a huge slice of good fortune for the plan to survive.

We might even add that, just because Julia might have heard the name Qualtrough from William, it still didn’t mean that she ‘knew’ him. All the people that were on William’s list of ‘people that Julia would have admitted’ where people that she’d actually met in the flesh unlike Qualtrough. She might still have been unwilling to let him in.

Parry was apparently desperate for cash. He wanted/needed the cash. Would he have taken the “If it works it works,” approach? And againof course - any of these issues go away if Wallace was the planner.
                          Hi HS
                          thanks for this. do we know for sure if Wallace included qualtrough as a person on the list he gave police that Julia would have let in?
                          In other words-did he tell Julia he was going to see a man named qualtrough that night?

Comment

Ok so let’s pose another question on the Accomplice theory.

Hi H.S

Good post, thought provoking. And to take up your item 8.
                            For what it’s worth here’s my Two penny worth,
                            Knock on street door, Julia reassures herself door is locked.
                            “Yes, who is it” (through the door) “My name is Mr. Qualtrough, I have an appointment with Mr. Wallace”. “ Oh dear, there must be a mix up somehow, my husband isn’t here just at the moment, you will have to call his office tomorrow and sort it out with him” .
                            “Is it possible I could come in and wait? “(a question I agree would be too foreward for 1931). “I’m sorry I’m really quite unwell and am off to bed, you’ll have to rearrange a meeting tomorrow. Goodnight Mr. Qualtrough.
                            Having learned a fair amount of Julia’s mind set. I believe this is a very likely scenario .
                            P.s Remember, ( if I’m not mistaken) there was the hum around the neighbourhood of a burglar being active.

Comment

• Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
                              I've answered enough times already. Yawn...

Not all crimes succeed. Some fail silently at the first hurdle. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

So what if Wallace hadn't got the message, etc?

We just wouldn't be sitting here laughing at your tedious logical howlers, that's all...
                              Another feeble piece of obfuscation

A clever planner who relied on luck. Yeah sure.

As ever you have no response. Why haven’t you posted an irrelevant quote or a meaningless graph?

We might also ask why Parry (who according to Pukka Christian Anderson could ‘change his voice like you change a shilling’) a man for whom you’ve previously pointed to his ability to play phone pranks and to change his voice, didnt simply wait for Wallace to arrive at the club and then be sure that Wallace went out on the Friday night? No relying on luck. Or is that too simple? And before you witter on about Parry wanting a third person to hear the caller then a simple “excuse me but I need to speak to one of the members of the chess club on a matter of business.....a Mr Wallace.” Simples.

Oh and then there’s the fact that the caller asked for Wallace’s address when only Wallace could possibly be certain that a response wouldn’t be forthcoming (and by the way, your previous response to this was a joke.)

You are utterly and hopelessly biased by your obsession with proving that your scenario is game over. You can’t seem to grapple with the concept that a ‘scenario’ isn’t a conclusion.

I stand by my last post because I’m used to the illogical contortions that you constantly employ to shoehorn your theory into place.

And we can now add Harry to the ever growing list of people insulted by you just because you are incapable of coping with being disagreed with.

I had an email from Antony yesterday by the way........and he didn’t send a hello.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                                Hi HS
                                thanks for this. do we know for sure if Wallace included qualtrough as a person on the list he gave police that Julia would have let in?
                                In other words-did he tell Julia he was going to see a man named qualtrough that night?
                                Hi Abby,

Wallace didn’t put Qualtrough on list but he said that he thought that, as Julia had known his name, she would have let him in. But of course we only have Wallace’s word for that.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X