Status of Ripper Notes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jez View Post
    He has a habit of being factually correct.
    Except when it comes to Peter Bower. Like those of you who are awaiting 'Ripper notes' I am still awaiting the names of Dans supposed experts who ridiculed Peter Bower...

I think we have the same wait

Pirate
    Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 02-13-2009, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I hope people aren't still subscribing!!!

At the risk of re-opening the personal fight that happened recently, I was very surprised to see that the Ripper Notes web-site is still up and operating and the subscribe page is still there:

The subcribe payment links to Paypal still work!!!

If you're not going to respond to all the people you've ripped off Dan, what about pulling these pages down so no-one gets suckered??

Cheers

Sushka

Comment

According to Wolf V post 10, the next issue is being prepared.

Comment

Yeah and to save people the trouble of clicking on that link to find out nothing...Wolf also says that he has no idea when that next issue will be and "it's all in Dan's hands". The next issue of Ripper Notes has been being prepared for the last two years.

Don't hold your breath.

Let all Oz be agreed;
          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

I'd like to consider taking this on. Anyone like encouraging?

Comment

I'm sure you'd do a very good job on it, Scott.

Comment

My opinion would be, if you really want to do a magazine, start from scratch. Considering that there are many people out there who are owed 3-4 copies of the magazine, anyone willing to take it over at this point would have to go into it knowing that they are not going to be getting any capital out of it until they fulfill the back orders of subscriptions that have already been paid for...and you probably won't be getting any of that money to put into restarting the magazine.

So unless you have enough to fully fund 3-4 issues of the magazine before you need to see some return with re-subscriptions, it might be better at this time to just start your own magazine.

There are people out there who have talent and are not currently attached to any other Ripper Magazine for various reasons that would be able to help with the editing and everything and a brand new venture might be just the ticket.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

I agree with Ally, if you want to do a mag do your own.
                  If you do decide to do it I have a short story I would send to you to use if you wanted to.
                  In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Ally makes a good point. I wonder what you could call it?

Comment

Depends on what the magazine would focus on. I like to see things which contextualise the killings. I was interested John in your Podacst on the Jack the Ripper Exhibition. I was not able to attend but I think that there is room for something which offers more than just info on the murders. If that was the case then it may be useful not to have a 'Ripper' mag name like Ripper Notes, Ripperana etc. More like the WS1888 have.

Comment

I'd be interested to see someone make the case for publishing in a Ripper periodical rather than simply presenting the results of research online.

Specifically, what's in it for the author - apart from the sheer vanity value of seeing his or her name in print?

Comment

Maybe there should be a Casebook Gazette.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            I'd be interested to see someone make the case for publishing in a Ripper periodical rather than simply presenting the results of research online.

Specifically, what's in it for the author - apart from the sheer vanity value of seeing his or her name in print?
                            The difference being?

Books, Periodicals, online, what difference?

Monty
                            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Some people actually prefer having something to hold and read - personally speaking, I often find great reams of stuff on a screen not always easy to stick with. But perhaps some people are a bit old fashioned. Like me.

Comment

And I like to read in the bath! Can't take my laptop in there!!

Comment

Working...
                                X