Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bank Holiday Murders by Tom Wescott (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't suppose Tom could give us an update on how his book is going?

The Bank Holiday Murders was an outstanding read that I go back to every 6 months are so. I've been anxiously awaiting any news on his Victims Book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
      I don't suppose Tom could give us an update on how his book is going?

The Bank Holiday Murders was an outstanding read that I go back to every 6 months are so. I've been anxiously awaiting any news on his Victims Book.
      Hi Dane, thanks so much for saying that. I got most of the work done on my next book some months ago and then kind of burnt out and stepped away from it, but I'm back to work now and hoping to have it out by Christmas. The book is titled Whitechapel Confidential and might be subtitled 'Select Essays on Jack the Ripper', although now I'm toying with a more provocative subtitle, since I'm not sure the word 'essay' is very attractive. But I'll probably stick with that. Loads of crazy new stuff, predominantly surrounding the Buck's Row and Berner Street murders.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
        Hi Dane, thanks so much for saying that. I got most of the work done on my next book some months ago and then kind of burnt out and stepped away from it, but I'm back to work now and hoping to have it out by Christmas. The book is titled Whitechapel Confidential and might be subtitled 'Select Essays on Jack the Ripper', although now I'm toying with a more provocative subtitle, since I'm not sure the word 'essay' is very attractive. But I'll probably stick with that. Loads of crazy new stuff, predominantly surrounding the Buck's Row and Berner Street murders.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
        That's one for my Christmas list

Comment

• As we approach December, I am anxiously awaiting to hear the news that the book will be coming out. *fingers crossed*

Comment

• I am also looking forward to this book....I couldn't praise The Bank Holiday Murders enough....one of the 3 best "Ripper" books in the past several years.. and I'm sure you wont disappoint us with your latest effort!!

Steadmund Brand
            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• There is no mention of the book on Amazon, so I think it has probably been delayed.

Comment

• Great, very excited to read it. Will it be available on the Nook?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                  There is no mention of the book on Amazon, so I think it has probably been delayed.
                  Tom self publishes. I'm sure as soon as the book is ready he will just put it up. I expect the ebook to be available sooner than the printed copy.

That said, it might still have been delayed but I would not be shocked if we could get the ebook by the end of the year.

Comment

• I have been gone for awhile from the boards but I did mean to read this book by Tom after discussions from other threads with him.

I really enjoyed the book. It is interesting. People should definitely get it.

Is there a forum on here where people have been discussing more about the book's content, suspects, connections etc?

There are quite a few questions I have in my mind after finishing it, but don't we all with anything

Thanks!
                    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Hi Everyone and thanks for the interest in the new book as well as the kind comments about BHM. I'm still working on the new one, but it's entirely written and in the proof reading/editing stage now, so we're in the final stretch. I've changed the title and it is now Ripper Confidential: New Research on the Whitechapel Murders. I apologize for it coming out so much later than was my original intention, but i'm glad for the extra time I've spent on it. Like The Bank Holiday Murders it will be unlike any other Ripper book before it. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is, of course, for the reader to decide.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Everyone and thanks for the interest in the new book as well as the kind comments about BHM. I'm still working on the new one, but it's entirely written and in the proof reading/editing stage now, so we're in the final stretch. I've changed the title and it is now Ripper Confidential: New Research on the Whitechapel Murders. I apologize for it coming out so much later than was my original intention, but i'm glad for the extra time I've spent on it. Like The Bank Holiday Murders it will be unlike any other Ripper book before it. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is, of course, for the reader to decide.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                        Thanks Tom. I look forward to reading it, particularly as I very much enjoyed the Bank Holiday Murders, which contained lots of new information and was very informative.

Comment

Hi Everyone and thanks for the interest in the new book as well as the kind comments about BHM. I'm still working on the new one, but it's entirely written and in the proof reading/editing stage now, so we're in the final stretch. I've changed the title and it is now Ripper Confidential: New Research on the Whitechapel Murders. I apologize for it coming out so much later than was my original intention, but i'm glad for the extra time I've spent on it. Like The Bank Holiday Murders it will be unlike any other Ripper book before it. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is, of course, for the reader to decide.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                          Looking forward to it, Tom.
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Nice... can't wait to read it Tom....keep us updated on release dates and where available!!

Steadmund Brand
                            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                              Nice... can't wait to read it Tom....keep us updated on release dates and where available!!

Steadmund Brand
                              Hi Steadmund, always good to see you. I can't say yet about the 'when', but the 'where' will be via all Amazon pages for paperback and/or Kindle. Folks in far off places like Australia should be able to get the paperback via Bookdepository dot com without having to pay heavy postage.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• I'll be looking forward to getting my complimentary copy Tom.

Comment

Working...
                                X