Book recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Then I think you would appreciate and enjoy this book. I did. Very much. An outdoor classic.

The story of the first trip afoot through the Grand Canyon. I was a big fan of Colin Fletcher. Got me into backpacking. Sadly he has passed away.

https://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Walke...pe=all_reviews

c.d.
    thanks CD Ill check it out
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

i dont know herlock, I hear those Stoats can be pretty vicious ha!
      Yeah, I wouldn’t fancy a grizzly’s chances against a p***ed off stoat.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes

“Conspiracy theorists, she knew, were paranoid by definition, and usually with good reason – they were indeed being watched, largely because they were standing on an upturned bucket, haranguing the sheeple about their wingnut delusions.”

“If you argue with a madman, it is extremely probable that you will get the worst of it; for in many ways his mind moves all the quicker for not being delayed by the things that go with good judgment.”

Comment

I just finished Murder At Roaringwater by Nick Foster. I’ll just copy and paste what I wrote on the thread about the case.

“I finished the book and recommend it highly to anyone. It’s a fascinating case and a well written book. Is he guilty? There’s certainly a lot in favour of his guilt but I’m not 100% convinced. I could put it this way - the odds probably favour his guilt but would I be totally comfortable sending someone to prison for the rest of their lives on this, no I don’t think that I would. I certainly could be giving too much of the benefit of doubt though. Lots of lies told (including a witness against Bailey) lots of things that can be explained 2 ways (nothing new in that of course) which leave me with doubts. If I read it again along with other stuff on the case I might change my mind. Who knows? Erobitha obvious feels that he was guilty and he knows more about the case than I do.”

Definitely a book for the shopping list though and it would be interesting to hear other opinions
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes

“Conspiracy theorists, she knew, were paranoid by definition, and usually with good reason – they were indeed being watched, largely because they were standing on an upturned bucket, haranguing the sheeple about their wingnut delusions.”

“If you argue with a madman, it is extremely probable that you will get the worst of it; for in many ways his mind moves all the quicker for not being delayed by the things that go with good judgment.”

Comment

Although I’m probably late to this book and many on here will already own it but I’ve just ordered Lost London 1870-1945 by Phillip Davies (2009). It looks like an absolute cracker and every single review is 5 star. I’m really looking forward to getting this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-London.../dp/0955794986
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes

Comment

Working...
          X