X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

I don't recall his name at Winthrop street Gary, or was it somewhere else.

Steve
    Hi Steve,

I personally think it’s unlikely he did work for HB.

Gary

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by John G View Post

This is odd, Abby. Amazon UK release date is 15th June, but Amazon US (.com) isn't until September.
    grrrrrrr. and I don't do kindle. well at least I can use the "look inside" feature on amazon to get a taste. I see the suspect is James Hardiman though and looks like hes been put forth before, according to the authors.

Leave a comment:

• John G
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    i just tried to order from Amazon and its saying its not available til sept 1st? WTF?!
    This is odd, Abby. Amazon UK release date is 15th June, but Amazon US (.com) isn't until September.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    i just tried to order from Amazon and its saying its not available til sept 1st? WTF?!

Leave a comment:

• John G
    replied

Where are you guys finding all this stuff in the link/ preview !?!? I see a paragraph summary but that’s it, what am I missing??
    When I advanced ordered the paperback version from Amazon a chapter preview appeared in my Kindle!

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

From what I can gather, Drew is saying the suspect was a Harrison, Barber employee.

That’s the aspect that will engage my interest.
    I don't recall his name at Winthrop street Gary, or was it somewhere else.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied
    James Hardiman is the book's suspect

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied

From what I can gather, Drew is saying the suspect was a Harrison, Barber employee.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was, Gary!

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied

Where are you guys finding all this stuff in the link/ preview !?!? I see a paragraph summary but that’s it, what am I missing??
    Hi Abby,

The link provided brings me to the books notes. When I scroll back up past the notes and the images, the text comes into view.

Gary

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Yes indeedy. Luckily from my POV, I won't be approaching the book from the "suspectology" angle; it's the historical info I'm interested in.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied

The preview appears to give away the suspect.
    Yes indeedy. Luckily from my POV, I won't be approaching the book from the "suspectology" angle; it's the historical info I'm interested in.

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied

I had a quick look at the Google Books preview barnflatwyngarde posted above. It's a "teaser", not the full book just yet
    The preview appears to give away the suspect.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied

Wait did you buy already? I thought it’s not available for a few days?
    I had a quick look at the Google Books preview barnflatwyngarde posted above. It's a "teaser", not the full book just yet

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    On a quick skim through, I went from Chapter 1 with its last paragraphs discussing the labyrinth around Dorset and Thrawl St, to "Chapter 2: Dreadful Discovery at Rainham"... that being Rainham, Essex, of course. The geographical lurch I felt in merely moving from one page to the next vividly illustrated the problem I have with the idea of a single Torso Murderer, never mind a single "Torsoripper".

I saw many good things in the book, which should be an interesting read, my caveats and cavils about the "Torsoripper" notwithstanding.
    Wait did you buy already? I thought it’s not available for a few days?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X