Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack and the Thames Torso Murders: A New Ripper? by Drew Gray and Andrew Wise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Debra A View Post

    I could probably manage that much.
    Sounds like a great idea Debra!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Harry D View Post

      Tbh, all I'm looking for is a dispassionate, fact-based report of the Torso murders. I've heard Trow's book has numerous errors.
      I enjoyed Trow's book, and to be fair, it's mainly accurate, and unlike the book under discussion, it avoids being too speculative. However, this case is extremely complex and an absolute minefield for the unwary particularly, as Debra points out, as there are a number of errors in the press reports. In fact, I've even been known to make the odd mistake myself!
      Last edited by John G; 06-17-2019, 02:16 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by John G View Post

        In fact, I've even been known to make the odd mistake myself!
        Surely you´re mistaken there?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

          Surely you´re mistaken there?
          Yes, I've just realized that was a terrible error, Christer. Obvioulsy, I'm completely infallible. Well...sort of

          Comment


          • Originally posted by John G View Post

            I enjoyed Trow's book, and to be fair, it's mainly accurate, and unlike the book under discussion, it avoids being too speculative. However, this case is extremely complex and an absolute minefield for the unwary particularly, as Debra points out, as there are a number of errors in the press reports. In fact, I've even been known to make the odd mistake myself!
            That's why we need a factual book on the who, what, where and when from an authority on the subject *cough*Debs*cough*

            Comment


            • Ive got the title for it- "In the Shadow of Jack: The Thames Torso Killer"
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

              -Edgar Allan Poe


              "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

              -Frederick G. Abberline

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                Ive got the title for it- "In the Shadow of Jack: The Thames Torso Killer"
                "A Social Construct of Criminal Dismemberment in the Late Nineteenth Century: A Post-Modernity Viewpoint."

                Or perhaps something slightly more technical!
                Last edited by John G; 06-17-2019, 03:40 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Ive got the title for it- "In the Shadow of Jack: The Thames Torso Killer"
                  "Assault and Battersea"
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                  "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

                    "Assault and Battersea"
                    Murderous urges - he couldn’t Rainham in.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

                      Murderous urges - he couldn’t Rainham in.
                      oh that was bad. yours too Sam. LOL
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

                      -Edgar Allan Poe


                      "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                      -Frederick G. Abberline

                      Comment


                      • Just been watching an episode of Michael Portillo's Hidden History of Britain concerning the now sadly abandoned London Hospital, which contained a section on Joseph Merrick, and also a bit on the Ripper, including an interview with Drew Gray.
                        He didn't mention anything about torsos.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                          Just been watching an episode of Michael Portillo's Hidden History of Britain concerning the now sadly abandoned London Hospital, which contained a section on Joseph Merrick, and also a bit on the Ripper, including an interview with Drew Gray.
                          He didn't mention anything about torsos.
                          Abandoned London hospital? Sounds creepy and a cool place to sneak into. Bet there’s lots of ghosts.
                          "Is all that we see or seem
                          but a dream within a dream?"

                          -Edgar Allan Poe


                          "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                          -Frederick G. Abberline

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X