X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Firth
    replied
    Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
    Why on earth Andrew was apologising for the price of £17 is beyond me.
    I've just got this pre-conceived idea in my head, that for that price it should have been a hardback book, not softback. That's all really!

Thanks to everyone for their feedback; it's really been an absolute pleasure to put together. I'm very pleased that people are enjoying it so much!

All the best
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Right!

If its good enough for Ron n Reg above then its good enough for me.

I'll make my order.

Andrew, I know youre reading this, youre the author and ego drags us all to adulation, will you be going to the conference?

Monty

Leave a comment:

• George Hutchinson
    replied
    I concur. Mine arrived yesterday too (along with Louis Berk's also worthy My Walk To Work').

Yep, it's a beauty and worth every penny and then some. Why on earth Andrew was apologising for the price of £17 is beyond me.

Imagine Andrew's usual style of photography, interspersed with many examples of the sort of thing Rob did for the cover of our book with the old and new photos of Crispin Street, and you get the idea. All in sharp, beautiful colour.

PHILIP

Leave a comment:

• John Bennett
    started a topic Past Traces: Andrew Firth

Past Traces: Andrew Firth

A separate thread is warranted, I feel. My copy arrived yesterday.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PT%20cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	669702

One word: EXQUISITE.

Anybody who is interested in the East End's associations with the Whitechapel Murders should get this book. It's bloody marvellous.

The photography is second to none, reproduction quality is superb and the layout is sublime. It works so well on so many different levels. Even the overlays and street hybrid reconstructions are so subtly done that some of them are like little works of art in themselves. The Hanbury Street one had me giving a double take, it's done so well.

Before I end up in 'Pseud's Corner', I'll just say that I can't praise this wonderful little book enough. When it comes to depicting Ripper's London, Andrew has raised the bar. And then some.

At £17 it's worth every penny. Buy it, or I'll send the boys round.
Working...
X