Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaulB
    replied
    Yes. Now. He had copies for sale over the weekend and more are coming from the printer soon, I believe. A terrific book, very detailed. I won't mention the foreword, but I just have...

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• barnflatwyngarde
    replied
    Does anyone have an estimated date of publication for Adam's forthcoming book on Donald Swanson?

Leave a comment:

• AdamNeilWood
    replied
    Thanks very much for the interest in my forthcoming book on Swanson.

Although I'm close to finishing it, publication is delayed because the Swanson family - who have been incredibly supportive throughout the research and writing process - have found another batch of documents, letters and photographs and I've been sifting through these and incorporating the new information.

Hopefully not too much longer to wait!

Best wishes
    Adam

Leave a comment:

• barnflatwyngarde
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up.

I'll keep an eye out for it.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    Within the next couple of days Rippercast will be releasing Adam Wood's talk and accompanying slide show on Swanson from last Saturday's August meeting of The Whitechapel Society 1888, so keep your eyes open for that. It was an excellent presentation.

JM

Leave a comment:

• barnflatwyngarde
    replied
    Monty and Jmenges, thanks for this.

I look forward to reading it.

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Should I buy new, or wait for second-hand and hope for something in the margin?

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    I'm sure Adam shall be along to confirm but I believe he is just finishing off the final few bits n bobs re the text.

It's on it's way.

Monty

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    It hasn't been released yet but I don't think we have too much longer to wait.

There's a Facebook page for the book to catch updates: https://www.facebook.com/donaldsutherlandswanson/home

JM

Leave a comment:

• Swanson: The Life and Times of a Victorian Detective

Can anyone tell me if Adam Wood's book "Swanson: The Life and Times of a Victorian Detective" has been published yet.

Amazon lists the book as published on 31st December 2015, and is currently out of print.

Can I really have missed it, or has publication been put back?
Working...
X