X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amanda
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    I actually have kindle on my PC, just I hate the thing, I read all day for work often off a screen but hate it and I find it much harder on my eyes with the backlighting.

I will probably end up ordering your book on Kindle, but I may have family traveling to UK later in the year so they may be able to snag a copy there for me to avoid the horror of Kindle. But the hardback is currently out of stock and the postage is just crazy.
    Hi Gut,
    Yes, it seems the book has been selling very fast but hopefully my publisher will get distribution sorted quickly to get it back in stock.

Really need to look at getting it in bookshops in Oz....
    Amanda

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    So.....did you buy that kindle yet Gut?
    I actually have kindle on my PC, just I hate the thing, I read all day for work often off a screen but hate it and I find it much harder on my eyes with the backlighting.

I will probably end up ordering your book on Kindle, but I may have family traveling to UK later in the year so they may be able to snag a copy there for me to avoid the horror of Kindle. But the hardback is currently out of stock and the postage is just crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    Now that's a review,
    So.....did you buy that kindle yet Gut?

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Originally posted by martin wilson View Post
    Amazon review posted.

I wrote 'All I know about Dr Cream was that he looked like Ben Turpin and was a git. I would have hung the bugger twice, and I would have done it out of spite.This is a book about him.'

Hope it helps.
    All the best.
    Now that's a review,

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
    Posted a review on both Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com...

Steadmund Brand
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    It's all the fives five five star reviews so far and a lot more to come.

Leave a comment:

• Steadmund Brand
    replied
    Posted a review on both Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com...

Steadmund Brand

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Originally posted by martin wilson View Post
    Amazon review posted.

I wrote 'All I know about Dr Cream was that he looked like Ben Turpin and was a git. I would have hung the bugger twice, and I would have done it out of spite.This is a book about him.'

Hope it helps.
    All the best.
    Martin, you're a bugger!

I almost believed that & then decided to check the Amazon review before 'Ripping' in to you.....
    So, anyway, thanks for a brilliant review, so glad you enjoyed it. Hope you didn't eat too many biscuits in the process.
    Amanda

Leave a comment:

• martin wilson
    replied
    Amazon review posted.

Hope it helps.
    All the best.

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    When "R" you releasing your next book.
    Hi Pinkmoon,

I'm working on a novel right now, just to give my brain a 'Ripper' break.

My next Whitechapel book should be ready this time next year, can't rush it as there's more research to do and lots of unexplained coincidences which need to be investigated yet. Pretty sure it'll be an eye-opener..

Amanda

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    When "R" you releasing your next book.

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    By not reading this they are missing a real treat I enjoyed it so much I bought it again in hardback as well as kindle format I've never done that before with a book.
    Wow! That's a huge compliment. Thanks

Amanda

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    By not reading this they are missing a real treat I enjoyed it so much I bought it again in hardback as well as kindle format I've never done that before with a book.

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    I think you got it ALL spot on my dear I had no doubt after the first page I was listening to the dastardly Dr cream in fact I became quite fond of the old chap.
    Thank you guys.
    Getting the right language format was probably the most difficult part for me.

Quite interested that there don't seem to be any other casebook members reading my book.....

Amanda

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Dear Pinkmoon & Steadmund,

Thank you for the very positive comments, I'm delighted.

Could I ask your opinions on one point please? As Cream was Scottish-Canadian & spent many years in the U.S., how did I do with the 'Anericanised' writing?

Bearing in mind that I'm British with a very neutral accent, was the style of 'Cream's' memoir convincing enough?

Amanda
    I think you got it ALL spot on my dear I had no doubt after the first page I was listening to the dastardly Dr cream in fact I became quite fond of the old chap.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X