'Francis Thompson: Priest Poet Ripper'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Francis Thompson: Priest Poet Ripper'

I am much exited to announce of the release of the interview documentary, 'Francis Thompson: Priest Poet Ripper'. It is free to watch on YouTube. This 70-minute documentary was produced & directed by Mark Duffield, of Demon House pictures, This documentary was filmed on location and in studio, in 2016, while I was in London attending as a speaker for the 2016 Jack the Ripper conference.

The documentary is about my theory that the English poet, Francis Thompson, (1859-1907) was the uncaught East End murderer, of 1888, Jack the Ripper. The presents the theory, the author the making of the book, ‘Jack the Ripper, The Works of Francis Thompson, the research and the evidence to a solution of one of the world's greatest murder mysteries.

Film director, Duffield, is used to working on subjects that focus on the Victorian Era, as is shown in his 2012 film Demon. This Gothic horror, set in the late 19th century, tells the tale of a young man cursed by a love that transforms him into a bloodthirsty monster. Duffield has gained praise for his work and his brilliant cinematography. I would like to thank the actor Jason Ryall, who in the documentary, recites a poem by Thompson, written before the murders, in which he describes hunting down a 'corrupt' woman on the London streets and killing her.

I hope you enjoy watching it and look forward to your sharing of this film and your feedback.

Author of

"Jack the Ripper, The Works of Francis Thompson"

http://www.francisjthompson.com/

Originally posted by Richard Patterson View Post
    I am much exited to announce of the release of the interview documentary, 'Francis Thompson: Priest Poet Ripper'. It is free to watch on YouTube. This 70-minute documentary was produced & directed by Mark Duffield, of Demon House pictures, This documentary was filmed on location and in studio, in 2016, while I was in London attending as a speaker for the 2016 Jack the Ripper conference.

The documentary is about my theory that the English poet, Francis Thompson, (1859-1907) was the uncaught East End murderer, of 1888, Jack the Ripper. The presents the theory, the author the making of the book, ‘Jack the Ripper, The Works of Francis Thompson, the research and the evidence to a solution of one of the world's greatest murder mysteries.

Film director, Duffield, is used to working on subjects that focus on the Victorian Era, as is shown in his 2012 film Demon. This Gothic horror, set in the late 19th century, tells the tale of a young man cursed by a love that transforms him into a bloodthirsty monster. Duffield has gained praise for his work and his brilliant cinematography. I would like to thank the actor Jason Ryall, who in the documentary, recites a poem by Thompson, written before the murders, in which he describes hunting down a 'corrupt' woman on the London streets and killing her.

I hope you enjoy watching it and look forward to your sharing of this film and your feedback.

hi Richard
    very interesting and congrats on the doc and your book!
    couple of questions:

what documentary evidence is there that Thompson lived at the Providence Row night Refuge near Mary Kelly?
    do you compare his handwriting to Dear boss in your book?

I find him a very intriguing candidate.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
    X