Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland Yard
    replied
    The geo-profiling was quite interesting. A similar technique was used in the 'Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper' game and its certainly food for thought.

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied
    The only really memorable moment for me was when Reeves departed for a second from his scripted role as 'criminal investigator' and said that he "felt quite sorry" for Druitt... it seemed genuine.

(Maybe that's because I feel sorry for Druitt too.)

Best regards, Archaic

Leave a comment:

• alucard
    replied
    I found the doc enjoyable, if disposable. It's a bit difficult to take it seriously when Reeve's is dressed like such a tit though.

Leave a comment:

• Barnaby
    replied
    I found the point of Tumblety living so close to Stride that he may have fortuitously stumbled upon her interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Garry Wroe
    replied
    Yep, there was certainly some jaw-droppers in there - not least of which was Vic Reeves' assertion that Colin Stagg was wrongly convicted of the Rachel Nickell murder.

The writing was on the wall early doors, though, when a so-called expert stated that the Ripper murders evidenced no sexual component. That's always a sure-fire indication that Tumblety's in the frame.

Never mind. There's always Big Brother to look forward to.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Leahy
    replied
    Yes of course I worked with him...and Paul Flexton, where do you think all his ideas came from?

Because what he knows about Ramesses and Jack the Ripper you could transfer from a very small postage stamp and re-written on a micro dot.

He's an expert in celebrity make over programs.

Pirate

PS and I've still not been paid for a series that probably grossed half a million quid.
    Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 05-30-2009, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Covell
    replied
    Ruggie

Antix

Didn't you work with Deggsy?

Leave a comment:

• Mike Covell
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post

Then there was Derek Acorah goes to Egypt I wonder where Paul Flexton got that idea from?

Pirate
    Possibly because no one in the UK would work with him

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Leahy
    replied
    Ah yes, and then there was Ghost Towns, another series borrowed from somewhere else...

I think you should make it clear Mike that Ruggie Media and Antix are completely separate production companies.

Then there was Derek Acorah goes to Egypt I wonder where Paul Flexton got that idea from?

Pirate

Leave a comment:

• Mike Covell
    replied
    Vic appeared on the first ever Celebrity Most Haunted back in 2003 with his wife Nancy, as their home is said to be haunted. The show was spin off of Most Haunted, and didn't really take off, but the idea was utilised more recently by Antix Productions for the specials Ghost Hunting With...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Leahy
    replied
    Thats probably because the commission for this program was originally agreed by Richard Jones before Ruggie Media were involved. They high jacked what was intended to be a serious documentary on the subject and combined it with an idea for the series you suggest...

But the original idea was for a show that gave a different celebrity a suspect and they argued the case for there suspect and the public voted for their favourite suspect.

Actually its probably a good idea that it wasn't made.

Pirate

Leave a comment:

• John Bennett
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
    Promotional material released prior to the show airing on TV suggested this would be a series, with Vic Reeves investigating several unexplained mysteries, but it never happened.
    From what I understand, Reeves is quite interested in mysteries and suchlike. I think he was one of the first celebs to appear as a guest on an episode of 'Most Haunted' many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Covell
    replied
    Promotional material released prior to the show airing on TV suggested this would be a series, with Vic Reeves investigating several unexplained mysteries, but it never happened.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Leahy
    replied
    Originally posted by Archaic View Post
    What an odd idea to have a well-known comedian hosting a 'Ripper Investigation' documentary.

Maybe the next American one will be hosted by Steve Martin?

Either that or they'll play it real safe & go with Regis Philbin.

-Archaic
    Possibly a strange idea because the TV production company that made the program 'Stole the idea (commission) out right' from somebody else? As they did with another TV series they made.

Pirate

Leave a comment:

• John Bennett
    replied
    Thanks Billy, most kind.

JB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X