Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new BBC One documentary about one of the most infamous serial killers of all time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emilia Fox? does not come over very well without a script. Why not use a real female forensic pathologist rather than an actress pretending to be a pathologist ? I would be interested in the opinions of an expert.

miss marple

Comment

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
      Emilia Fox? does not come over very well without a script. Why not use a real female forensic pathologist rather than an actress pretending to be a pathologist ? I would be interested in the opinions of an expert.

miss marple
      May I suggest you obtain a copy of my book “Jack the Ripper-The real truth “ in that there are interviews with a number of medical experts including Dr Biggs a modern day Working forensic pathologist, who opines not only on the WM murders but on the torsos as well

http://www.trevormarriott.co.uk/jack-ripper-real-truth/
      Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 08-04-2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Yes that sounds like an interesting read!

Comment

I think the BBC releasing a new documentary is less to do with the possibility of new insights into the case, and more to do with the fact that we are in a year that ends with an 8.
          A nice round 130 years since the killings is reason enough for them wanting a documentary, which will naturally air in the autumn.
          Having said that, I hope itís a blinder.

Comment

"It's no secret that a lot of the documentaries that studios throw our way ó both on the television and in the cinema ó are bloated with misinformation. Most of them are either propaganda or just pop sensationalism. Many of us enjoy watching these for the entertainment value; it's fun, just as it was intended. But there are those of us who hope to actually be enlightened and informed; but unless we happen to have actual expertise on the subject being presented, we have no practical way to know whether what we're watching is good education or just propaganda."

Brian Dunning, Skeptoid Podcast #596. How to Assess a Documentary.

Comment

Working...
            X