Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Wilkes
    replied
    Ps. I am not linking the artist with the murders, rather the bacterial disease and symptoms. Referring to the Podcasts thematic.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Wilkes
    replied
    During my studies many years ago, I came across the fact that the famous painter Vincent Van Gogh and indeed his brother suffered form this very condition, that apparently sent you doolally without treatment.

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    Yes, we were pretty excited to be able to share Robert's conference talk, thanks for keeping the faith and supporting the show. Ally & I were talking just the other day about how we would like to hear more of this guy, too...

JM

Leave a comment:

• serya
    replied
    I have been away and thrilled to see more Rippercasts posted. I've listened to all up to this one, and so went on faith in JM & Co. that a talk at a conference with slide show (yikes!) on syphilis in Whitechapel in 1888 was the way to go for my Saturday morning's entertainment.

What an interesting and dare I say entertaining program this was! Robert Anderson was terrific and the information important to the JTR subject. This will forever be added to my mental catalog of Victorian London depicting these times. The .pdf of the slides were a great plus enhancing the program.

Thanks to everyone, especially the brilliant Robert Anderson. Want more of this guy.

Leave a comment:

• Casebook Wiki Editor
    replied
    Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    What a truly great presentation...I only wish there were some means we could see the accompanying slides...but either way, who cares about the RE codswallop if stuff of this calibre's on offer...

Dave
    Thank you for the kind remarks!

Robert Anderson

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Really informative....

Just had chance to go through the slides.

What an informative piece. Very well done.

Amanda

Leave a comment:

• Steadmund Brand
    replied
    Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    Someone (possibly me) mentioned a Kickstarter-like campaign to bring Rippercast (meaning me) to Nottingham. The clock is ticking...

<------ Jon Rees at the airport

JM
    And you need a sidekick I think.... Let's see, who can help you.... Oh yeah... I can.. let me pack my bags!!

by the way JM fantastic episode.... thank you so much

Steadmund Brand

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    Someone (possibly me) mentioned a Kickstarter-like campaign to bring Rippercast (meaning me) to Nottingham. The clock is ticking...

<------ Jon Rees at the airport

JM

Leave a comment:

• bigjon
    replied
    Originally posted by jmenges View Post

I do hope that Rippercast can release more conference talks in the future, even of conferences long past, as it's something I've been badgering people about for years.
    It's something I'll bring up with the other organisers for 2015 as I'd possibly like to do this if the speakers are willing.
    Last edited by bigjon; 12-01-2014, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cogidubnus
    replied
    Thanks JM...I must've missed those first time round (don't know how!) but at least it gives me a solid excuse to listen again later!

All the best

Dave

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    Hi Dave,

The pdf file that's linked on the podcast page are the slides in the order which they are used in the presentation. Free to download.

Thanks!

JM

Leave a comment:

• Cogidubnus
    replied
    What a truly great presentation...I only wish there were some means we could see the accompanying slides...but either way, who cares about the RE codswallop if stuff of this calibre's on offer...

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Roy Corduroy
    replied
    Thank you for an interesting talk and presentation.

Every time I've brought up syphilis as a revenge motive for the murders here on the Casebook message boards, it's been dismissed and countered by a scientific explanation of the stages and so forth, completely ignoring anger as an actionable human emotion. So I pretty much gave up.

Roy

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I don't want to distract from Robert Anderson's talk, but I wonder whether any of the other presentations at Salisbury were recorded, and whether we can look forward to hearing them in due course.
    Hi Chris,

Trevor Bond recorded his, but at this time Robert Anderson is the only person who has offered his up for release. Stay tuned. Fingers crossed.

I do hope that Rippercast can release more conference talks in the future, even of conferences long past, as it's something I've been badgering people about for years.

JM

Leave a comment:

• c.d.
    replied
    I cracked up when I read that title. In America, box is a euphemism for a woman's...uh...well, you know...

c.d.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X