X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry D
    replied
    Originally posted by Varqm View Post
    Then case would have made a different turn. More likely it was a hunch/read based on the reaction of the witness.

-
    That's long been my interpretation. There was no actual identification, Anderson was just reading between the lines.

Leave a comment:

• John Malcolm
    replied
    One thing I have to address: When talking about the witness/suspect confrontation, I proposed a scenario where the witness may have been familiar the suspect beyond the episode in Berner St. On second thought, this is a silly suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Mark my words : when Scott kicks the bucket there will be found, among his papers, a dusty and yellowing document headed "Lifetime Achievement Award - Acceptance Speech." This tragically undelivered speech will break new ground.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied
    Originally posted by John Malcolm View Post
    You've written some great stuff over the years.
    Um...Um..Um.. It's all made up.

Why hasn't anybody considered the possibiity that Cohen or his family had simply anglicised their last name from Kosminski to "Cohen"?

If that happened then there were two "Aaron Kosminskis" of the same age walking around the East End in 1888.

Of course there are no workhouse or asylum casenotes that identify the former hairdresser, Aaron, or the former tailor, Aaron David, as a Ripper suspect. I wonder why that is.

Leave a comment:

• John Malcolm
    replied
    I was paid 1p for every "um", so I made out like a bandit. Otherwise, I appreciate the polite indifference.

Leave a comment:

• John Malcolm
    replied
    Fair do's Scott. You've written some great stuff over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied
    Nobody knows more about it than me.

Leave a comment:

• Varqm
    replied
    This has been debated before .Kosminski was not a suspect .The evidence against him were low standard .If that list/pronouncement happens today, with the supposed suspect possibly being mobbed and he then have to changed his name because of the stigma ,the police will be liable for damages/retraction.I have not but it's obvious enough, ask any lawyer.
    Anderson's suspect does not matter because in the first place he did not say the witness verbally/explicitly told him he recognized the suspect but won't testify because he was a fellow Jew which I think he would have explicitly mentioned because it would have made his statement "the suspect was positively identified" (if I remember right) or something similar definite/unassailable. Then case would have made a different turn. More likely it was a hunch/read based on the reaction of the witness.

-

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    Thanks, Steve.

We aim to please.

JM

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    This episode of 'Oh, Dear Boss' welcomes researcher and author John Malcolm to the show to discuss Aaron Kosminski's current place as the leading candidate for being Anderson's suspect and also as Jack the Ripper. Associated topics are also covered with panelists Jon Rees, Karl Coppack, Robert McLaughlin, Ally Ryder and Jonathan Menges.

Available now to stream or download from the following link:

Also in iTunes, Podcast Addict, PodBean, MixCloud and any other podcast app where in-depth discussions about Aaron Kosminski, the Crawford letter, and Robert Anderson's 'Polish Jew Theory' can be found.

Thank you to John Malcolm for being on the show, in what I hope is the first of many appearances.

And thank you all for listening!

JM

Good work Guys, a very interesting an far reaching debate.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    started a topic Oh, Dear Boss: The Lighter Side of John Malcolm

Oh, Dear Boss: The Lighter Side of John Malcolm

This episode of 'Oh, Dear Boss' welcomes researcher and author John Malcolm to the show to discuss Aaron Kosminski's current place as the leading candidate for being Anderson's suspect and also as Jack the Ripper. Associated topics are also covered with panelists Jon Rees, Karl Coppack, Robert McLaughlin, Ally Ryder and Jonathan Menges.

Available now to stream or download from the following link:

Also in iTunes, Podcast Addict, PodBean, MixCloud and any other podcast app where in-depth discussions about Aaron Kosminski, the Crawford letter, and Robert Anderson's 'Polish Jew Theory' can be found.

Thank you to John Malcolm for being on the show, in what I hope is the first of many appearances.

And thank you all for listening!

JM
Working...
X