Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddy
    replied
    I am listening to the podcast now and was interested to hear he had a broken nose. I dont know if the author had picked up on this but I found a news article some time ago that mentioned an east end boxer named George Hutchinson.
    I also found a george Hutchinson who had been placed on the Exmouth training ship. I believe his mother was called Kezia.

Pat......

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Thanks for the reply, Jon. You were quite right to criticize the source (Fairclough's book), by the way; you won't hear any arguments from me on that score

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    Thanks Gareth,
    Although I did criticize the source, I thought I also stated my belief that if Reg was truthful and Toppy was George Hutchinson, there's enough circumstantial evidence to lend some weight to it. Toppy can be placed in the East End permanently after he met his wife. And prior to that the spectulation that he moved to the neighborhood, living in the Victoria Home to be nearer to his cousin with whom he had a similar life experience, makes sense. I didn't mention on the show some of the arguments against the validity of some of the Hutch signatures even being made by him, which maybe I should have...but I thought letting Stephen state his case for the listeners was the way to go and if listeners wanted to bring up these other issues (as you just now have) it can be debated here.
    In my opinion, the weight of evidence of Hutch being Toppy vs Hutch being Aussie George leans more in Toppy's favor, for now. But neither of them today are perfect candidates.

JM

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Great podcast guys, but we should not write off Reg Hutchinson's identification of "Toppy" as the Miller's Court witness because an account of Reg's story appears in Fairclough's Ripper & The Royals. We don't know how much of this came directly from Reg, or how much Fairclough "helped" to jog Reg's memory; certainly, Fairclough didn't seem averse to a bit of (ahem!) "elaboration" elsewhere in his book. Many good people have been quoted in bad books, and there's nothing in the rules to stop useful information being presented alongside dross - indeed, the ripperature is replete with examples of both.

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    started a topic One on one with Stephen Senise

One on one with Stephen Senise

We welcome back to the show the author of False Flag and Jewbaiter Stephen Senise for a one on one interview to further discuss the suspect candidacy of George Hutchinson. Listen in as we cover such topics as George William Topping Hutchinson, the witnesses in and around Millers Court, the files from the Victoria Home and the possibility that George Hutchinson fled from the East End of London and traveled to Australia.

Available now to stream or download from the following link:

Also in iTunes, TuneIn Radio, Mix cloud, Podcast Addict and anywhere free Victorian Crime podcasts can be found.

Thank you once again to Stephen Senise for appearing on the show.

And thank you for listening,

JM
Working...
X