• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

Anderson continued:

And the result proved that our diagnosis was right on every point.

And yet he never even referred to one single piece of incriminating evidence against his alleged suspect.

He never even mentioned any arrest nor interrogation of his alleged suspect.

He never responded when challenged to produce or refer to any evidence.

He never substantiated his claim that his colleagues shared his view, even when challenged to do so.

It is not just that his case was grounded in prejudice, but that it lacked any substance at all.

PI, we’re going off topic here. I said that you appear determined that the ripper couldn’t have been Jewish. You said that because the Jewish suspects were selected for anti-Semitic reasons. I pointed out that we have no evidence for that and that 2 of the ones that you named were suggested by a modern day researcher. I added 2 other by modern day researchers. I also mentioned that Pizer was arrested because it was claimed that he’d been menacing prostitutes. So we can’t blame prejudice for the existence of Jewish suspects anymore that we could accuse Trevor of this due to his suggesting Feigenbaum.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

If you refuted something that another poster had written, and you reminded him seven times, and still he did not reply, how would you feel if someone accused you of being obsessed?

You have sent me a post in which you were all worked up because I had not replied to one post, soon after you had sent it, even though I simply had not had a chance to get round to doing it.

There does appear to be an obsession with Jewish suspects among certain posters.

I am entitled to refute their claims and that does not mean that I am obsessed, as you well know.
    I wasn’t talking about one specific post PI. I really don’t understand your reaction. Ok….I’ll remove the word ‘obsessed.’ Perhaps it was a poor choice of word. Let me put it another way….

You appear to me to be absolutely determined to dismiss any possibility of a Jewish ripper.

That’s what I meant.

Leave a comment:

• A P Tomlinson
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

Hi George,

If I had cut a piece of leather from my boot, I wouldn't have just left it in the yard, I would have disposed of it.
    Considering he said the knife in his pocket wasn't adequate to the job and he finished it off with a better knife at work; if the offending leaher was a bit on the inside of the boot that was rubbing his toe, just how much leather do people think he trimmed from his boot in Hanbury Street?

Considering that he had previously done the same thing due to it irritating him, and had put his boot back on and not immediately taken it back off again realising that he needed to do a bit more work on it suggests that we are talking about a pretty tiny bit of leather

Leave a comment:

• Paul Sutton
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

So if I'm not misunderstanding you, your interest is in the killings as a crime, who did what and when?

If that's the case, unfortunately threads like that are in the archives. I haven't seen a thread devoted to a murder in a long time.
    I can't answer the 'why' for that question, others might have an idea.

Have you read, The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook, Evans & Skinner, 2000.?
    It's regarded as the Bible of Ripper studies, along with the, Jack the Ripper A-Z, Begg, Fido & Skinner, 1991.
    I can imagine some would say the Ultimate is required reading, it's an excellent reference book, along with the newspaper archive (Press Reports) here on Casebook.
    As for suspect books, all I can say is, to each their own.
    The public are not going to learn much about the case by reading suspect books, there are one or two that are informative, but on the whole - not worth the money.
    That's only my subjective view, in case anyone chooses to get upset.
    My real interest is in the mythology and cultural side, of JtR - and of serial killers in general. How they've this slightly shameful but vital role, somehow. Maybe pretentiously, I link this to previous myths and legends, especially of the 'big bad Wolf'. I write a lot about this - one case (Jack the Stripper) was behind this book (which was a Poetry Book Society Recommended Reading):

I'm an obsessive, and so find other obsessives fascinating.

I've got the Sourcebook, but only dip in. Just finished the Scotlandd Yard investigates - good, but I skipped bits!
    Last edited by Paul Sutton; 10-20-2023, 05:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Sutton
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

Hi Paul,

I think it's debatable which is a riskier location. It's true that one can escape from Buck's Row if interrupted but not from Dutfield Yard, but on the other hand, one is more likely to be interrupted on the street than in Dutfield Yard.
    Hi Lewis,

Yes. The more one thinks about it, the less Lech had any link to the sites apart from walking down Buck's Row. And so what for that? When I lived and worked in London, I walked past so many places (as would anyone) that it would be easy to link me to virtually anything. And we don't know how many thousands of others had better links.

Still, one can't deny Lech was on the scene, for one of the killings. I'm sure the old Bill would have noted the significance of this and acted accordingly.
    best,

Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X