No announcement yet.

Lizzie Prater - intended victim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffice to say, the name of the thread is pretty much a dead-end subject much the same as "Eyelashes".

Regards, Jon S.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• ATM,the dead-end subjects are in the majority....We need a really weird new book to dissect....Or something we can argue if it's a forgery......The nature of the beast is that all threads are a dead-end eventually...I was going to say,other than those which are a matter of historical fact,but even those can go round in circles................

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
        Getting back to the subject of the thread:

I would have thought that anyone who intended to kill Elizabeth Prater specifically, and to do so in her own room, would ensure that he knew exactly where she lived, and how to get there, before striking.
        Hi, Bridewell,
        I agree with this thought.

Unfortunately, I have (very slowly) had another. For years, the fact that Katherine Edowes used the name Mary Kelly just hours before her death has raised many questions.

Recently, on some thread which I haven't located again, it was mentioned that Polly Nichols had also used the name "Kelly," and since her given name was "Mary Anne" . . . .

so, no, I don't think Elizabeth Prater was likely the intended victim.

I would love to know the source for Nichols ever using the name Kelly . . . and researchers looking for a Kelly connection for Chapman -- she was already Anne.

Is that really as big a coincidence as it feels like it is?

curious

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
          Hi, Bridewell,
          I agree with this thought.

Unfortunately, I have (very slowly) had another. For years, the fact that Katherine Edowes used the name Mary Kelly just hours before her death has raised many questions.

Recently, on some thread which I haven't located again, it was mentioned that Polly Nichols had also used the name "Kelly," and since her given name was "Mary Anne" . . . .
          Hi Curious.

It would appear your ultimate conclusion is to see the Whitechapel murderer as a hired assassin?

The natural flow of logic might be.. that if we contemplate the killer is looking for a specific "Mary Kelly", and mistakes a 35 year old Nichols for her, then also mistakes a 46 year old Eddowes for his 24-25 year old Mary Kelly, then clearly the killer is only going by a name and does not know her personally.

Is that close?

Regards, Jon S.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            Hi Curious.

It would appear your ultimate conclusion is to see the Whitechapel murderer as a hired assassin?

The natural flow of logic might be.. that if we contemplate the killer is looking for a specific "Mary Kelly", and mistakes a 35 year old Nichols for her, then also mistakes a 46 year old Eddowes for his 24-25 year old Mary Kelly, then clearly the killer is only going by a name and does not know her personally.

Is that close?

Regards, Jon S.
            It's a completely new thought, but ultimately -- that seems to be where that train would go. Doesn't seem to make much sense . . .

But isn't it a bizarre sort of pattern?

Of course, Jon, it would not necessarily be a hired assassin (my first foggy thought) but someone to whom the name Mary Kelly caused a major adverse reaction . . . ( I get that that is a major understatement)
            Last edited by curious; 01-13-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• By the by, what happens to threads is that they invariably lead to tangential discussion of other issues because it would seem that most people do not see an individual tree within the forest. Myself included.

There is inter-relationships with almost every aspect of each of the 5 crimes.

As for the actual target to have been Lizzie Prater;

1. Jack the Ripper was not thought to target anyone, he was believed to an opportunist.
              2. We do not know that Lizzie even solicited regularly, although it seems a logical assumption.
              3. She was on effectively the second floor of a house, only accessible by a tunnel from Dorset Street,...just how vulnerable do we intend to believe this killer left himself while working?
              4. Most assume that the killer was led by the street worker, not that he followed them. A case in point is Annie Chapman, she didnt go to the backyard to be alone.

Thats a few reasons anyway.

Cheers

ps. As to the issue of overkill on the un-thread related tangent, when someone doesnt know what they are doing, as Marys killer clearly shows us, then he wouldnt know when, or why, to stop.

Check all the actions left incomplete on Mary....he was just trying too hard.

Best regards
              Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
              X