• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
    You're in denial of the obvious.

Ask any historian and he or she will back me up.

You're just disagreeing for the sake of it.

Thats just a random, meaningless statement. I’ll just go next door and ask the historian that lives there shall I? Come on. Looking at a photograph of Lawende tells us that he didn’t look Jewish. Bobby Fischer was Jewish, Woody Allen is Jewish, Einstein was Jewish, Nathan Rothschild was Jewish. Jerry Lewis was Jewish. None of these looked Jewish.​

If what you were claiming were true, Jews could not have been attacked in Whitechapel in reaction to the murders, because the anti-Semites wouldn't have known how to recognise them.

Is this a serious comment? Shops with Jewish names over them, streets or areas known to have been inhabited by Jews.

If the murderer couldn't have recognised Jewish people, how would he have known which building in which to leave the bloody piece of apron and the accusation against the Jews?

Another assumption. Many people don’t believe that the GSG was written by the ripper.

The suggestion that the man who attacked Stride and shouted an anti-Semitic insult was Jewish is anachronistic and belongs in the prejudice of the century before last, along with the ludicrous claim that the murderer was paying the Jews a compliment.

I am simply pointing out historical facts.

No you’re not. You’re projecting your own bias onto issues.

There were two separate communities in Whitechapel at that time.

Books on the subject do not show one homogeneous population in which Jews and gentiles were indistinguishable.

What you're writing puts this forum at risk of becoming a laughing stock.
    You persist in taking things personally. No one is in denial of anything. You really need to wise up and stop allowing this sailor obsession to lead you into making obviously fallacious statements.

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied

Everything we know about Whitechapel in 1888 suggests that you are wrong and I am right.
    And everything Anderson, Swanson, Macnaghten, Sagar, Cox knew about Whitechapel in 1888 suggests that you are wrong and I am right.

TB

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied

I said the man who assaulted Stride was drunk.
    And wasn't the man who assulted Stride the same man who shouted LIPSKI?!

You didn't answer the question, why is it impossible for a drunk and mentally sick person to shout Lipski to a fellow jew?

You understand the simple question, don't you..

TB

Leave a comment:

• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1
    replied
    Originally posted by The Baron View Post
    You are on record here saying Kosminski was religious and the man with Stride was DRUNK.

Now a person would say ANYTHING while being drunk, your drunk ripper even killed two women that night, so why is it IMPOSSIBLE then for a drunk jewish and mentally ill murderer to call another interrupter jew 'lipski' ?

TB

I didn't say the Whitechapel Murderer was drunk.

I said the man who assaulted Stride was drunk.

Again and again on this forum, some far-fetched notion is proposed on the ground that it wouldn't have been impossible.

Everything we know about Whitechapel in 1888 suggests that you are wrong and I am right.

It was gentiles who shouted 'Lipski' at Jews.

What you're suggesting is like saying that Jews were shouting 'Jude' at Jews in Germany during Kristallnacht in 1938.

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied
    You are on record here saying Kosminski was religious and the man with Stride was DRUNK.

Now a person would say ANYTHING while being drunk, your drunk ripper even killed two women that night, so why is it IMPOSSIBLE then for a drunk jewish and mentally ill murderer to call another interrupter jew 'lipski' ?

TB

Leave a comment:

• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1
    replied
    You're in denial of the obvious.

Ask any historian and he or she will back me up.

You're just disagreeing for the sake of it.

If what you were claiming were true, Jews could not have been attacked in Whitechapel in reaction to the murders, because the anti-Semites wouldn't have known how to recognise them.

If the murderer couldn't have recognised Jewish people, how would he have known which building in which to leave the bloody piece of apron and the accusation against the Jews?

The suggestion that the man who attacked Stride and shouted an anti-Semitic insult was Jewish is anachronistic and belongs in the prejudice of the century before last, along with the ludicrous claim that the murderer was paying the Jews a compliment.

I am simply pointing out historical facts.

There were two separate communities in Whitechapel at that time.

Books on the subject do not show one homogeneous population in which Jews and gentiles were indistinguishable.

What you're writing puts this forum at risk of becoming a laughing stock.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    There’s nothing that makes them ‘different’ and it certainly isn’t obvious. The people in the Jewish photo look more affluent and some of the girls have what might be called a Jewish appearance and possibly the man in the centre but it doesn’t stand out. Look at the man on the left….how does he look remotely Jewish? Or Lawende himself for that matter. The man that Lawende and co saw might easily have been Jewish for all that we know, especially considering that he didn’t look that closely at his face….hence his inability to recognise him again. Unless he was dressed as a Rabbi or he was serenading Kate with a rousing version of Hava Nagila I fail to see why his being Jewish should have stood out?

On another point Im also not convinced that a Jew couldn't have called another Jew, ‘Lipski’. Why not? It was based on the fact that Israel Lipski was a murderer (a Jewish one, yes) and so a bad person. Would it be any different if an American had insulted another American by calling him Dr. Crippen for example. If a Gentile had said it then it would be considered anti-Semitic but from a fellow Jew? Wouldn’t he just be calling him a bad person…a murderer? I’m not saying that this happened but it’s something that I’ve long considered but never got around to bringing it up.
    Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 11-11-2022, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    And if the Jewish guys take their hats off, the obvious difference is.....

What am I missing? What makes the Jewish men in the wedding photo obviously Jewish?

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied
    I don't believe you.

TB

Leave a comment:

• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1
    replied
    There is a big difference.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied

TB
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1
    replied
    Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Why? Was Jack the Ripper getting married that night?

And I had a look at a gentile wedding from 1900 and they looked the same

So I guess I will not believe you, I mean .. who can believe you anyway..

TB

If you're so sure, why don't you upload it?

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied

If you don't believe me, then I suggest you take a look at a photograph taken at a gentile wedding in Whitechapel at that time and compare the two.
    Why? Was Jack the Ripper getting married that night?

And I had a look at a gentile wedding from 1900 and they looked the same

So I guess I will not believe you, I mean .. who can believe you anyway..

TB

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Lawende simply doesn’t look Jewish in that photograph.

Leave a comment:

• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

you know exactly what im talking about but ill spell it out for you. why do you think the people in that photo look jewish?

My point is that they would have been easily identifiable as Jewish in Whitechapel in 1888.

If you don't believe me, then I suggest you take a look at a photograph taken at a gentile wedding in Whitechapel at that time and compare the two.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X