Clear All

• JTRSickert
    replied
    THanks, Tom. I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    Hi JTR,

Albert Cadosch was a young man (not old as sometimes assumed) who had recently endured surgery on his stomach. From his repeated trips to the outhouse, we can imagine he was not feeling all that well. I'm not sure either Cadosch or Long were right about the time. On one hand, I'd say Long would be in a better position to know the correct time (given Cadsoch's distraction), except that she wasn't really paying attention to it. Cadosch, in spite of his illness, had to be to work that day, so was paying closer attention to the time (although I'm not sure how, or if he had a timepiece).

Cadosch didn't go to see what was the matter when he heard the bump because there really was no reason to. There were no cries or sounds of 'ouch' as though a person had tripped. His neighbors were packing crate makers so bumps against the fence were normal.

He did not know if a woman or a man had spoken 'no', only that he heard whispering and was able to make out that word. It's reminiscent of Stride softly calling out 'no, no, no' in Berner Street.

I hope this helps.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

• JTRSickert
    started a topic Albert Cadosch

Albert Cadosch

Hi everyone. I started this thread because there a few questions I had about Cadosch's testimony:

1. Who do you think was more accurate in the times stated during their testimony? Cadosch or Liz Long?

2. When Cadosch heard "no" and a bang against the back yard fence, why didn't he inquire if something was wrong? Did he just assume it wasa prostitute conducting business or did he just not care?

3. It's been assumed that Albert went into his back yard to relieve himself, but in the books I have, it just says "he went in to his back yard." Where does the notion that he went to into the back yard to relieve himself come from?

4. Does anyone have any idea about what the answer "no" was regarding when Albert heard it? Do Albert state whether he thought it was a male or female voice who said it?
Working...
X